Wednesday, March 31, 2010

More job losses

1,100 People To Lose Jobs At Ailing Jarvis

Administrators to rail maintenance giant Jarvis have announced 1,100 redundancies.

Posted by mr g @ 03:31 PM (890 views)

15 thoughts on “More job losses

• argghhh you beat me to it…lol

• Yep, it takes someone to beat you in the gloom and doom stakes Mark.

• Smug you are a fool and clearly easily parted from any money your parents have put in your piggy bank…lol

• Petrol already over £1.20 a litre in some places near me. Smugdog, do you actually live in Britain?
    If the answer is yes, then you seem well shielded from the everyday realities most have to face. Are you a politician or member
    of the aristocracy?

• Novice i think he is a child probably around 12 years old

• I reckon he / she is a politician. Possibly Ed Balldropper or Harriet Harperson

No one else could have their head so far up their own a*se.

• Whenever I see the name smugdog I always get a picture of Gordon Brown come into my head.

mr g, Harriet Harperson lol.

• @Novice

You could be right about it being Brown.

Smugdog’s understanding of the economic situation has many similarities to that of the Glorious Leader.

• vacuouspolitician says:

This really is bad news. Such a shame for all those workers…

• Correct VP, I see that you have refrained from using ‘lol’ when referring

to the loss of employment for so many (I do hate people who use it).

Perhaps the above commentators are extremely bitter in that HPC events

have not gone their greedy self serving ways and secretly entre into a little ‘schadenfreude’.

Perhaps Mark does truly study employment statistics, although I do suspect he

secretly gets a little kick out of it behind his net curtain shrouded world.

(Am I 12 years old? you wish Mark, you wish!)

• paranoia blue says:

Re: Smugdog
    Best Ignored; let it trot back to troll-land, and spend eternity, watching the river flow, backwards, as a punishment!

• The last 7 years I have had doubts about Jarvis, they went in so very cheap on so many contracts! I often wondered how they did it…Now I know!

I do feel for the real workers there, but also have to wonder how many fat cats jumped ship before hand.

• smugdog, what about the greedy self serving ways of buy to let imperialists such as the Wilsons or Mr. Bovey etc, I wonder
    if they entered into a little schadenfreude when the good times were rolling as they amassed their empires.

so you hate people who use lol, if only one could have one’s butler show them the door eh!

BTW I totally agree with vacuouspolitician @9

• Why do many pay so much attention to employment figures, not job creation, but losses?

I will tell you why. The selfish belief that mass unemployment will make many

homeless and thus provide a heavy flow of repossessed homes so that the ‘sold to rent’

brigade can gorge on to their hearts desires.

That’s the real shame about this sordid little gathering.

Hey Ho!

• The real shame is the way the housing market divides the nation into those gambling on price increases, those gamling on price decreases, and those who are disappropriated renters – as these pages constantly show. plus the fact that there is no way out of one of these categories except by either squatting illegally or being in the lucky position to build your own home. I’d be very happy to have a hefty land value tax brought in to redress this situation, and better still, and end to the debt based money supply. Time to dispossess the bankers.