Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The Prime Minister’s New Year Message

Gordon Brown: Recovery will lead to 'decade of shared prosperity'

We are a nation that combines responsibility with fairness, compassion with aspiration – always reaching higher, dreaming bigger, aiming for ever greater things.

Posted by devo @ 12:58 AM (2395 views)

15 thoughts on “The Prime Minister’s New Year Message

• ‘the people on middle and modest incomes who don’t want any special favours – they simply want a bit of help to own their own home, set up their own business, and give their children the best start in life.”‘

I have to admit to some Machiavellian respect for this throw of the dice by Brown. He says “they simply want a bit of help to own their own home”. It sounds quite innocuous until you think it through. Brown’s choice to promote property ownership as a plank of Labour’s election manifesto is rather worrying.

Personally, I don’t expect to see much change in property prices one way or the other until at least several months after the election, nomatter who wins it.

• charlie brooker says:

Shared?

Shared among property owners he means.

• Let him try and share my vote.

You’ll have to fight Cameron for it mate.

• hehehe, hearing this actually made milk come out of my nose. (and I wasn’t even drinking any milk) I seriously thought Brown would take it like a man and say ‘ah fuk it, someone else take over and fix it’.

whoever gets in, I do hope the next 4 years turn out better than the last even back then it was clear things were going down a rocky road with self cert mortgages and flippers rampant on the television educating idiot’s into owning houses with 125% mortgage at 7x income and now policy keeps them in….. geee, so like 4 other people I know on fair wages we must continue to rent wait and save until one day 5 years from now we can eventually pay that idiot 40% more than what he borrowed to get it and if its an ex MP I’m punching him in the mouth because our taxes would’ve been claimed to buy it for him.

god I love this country.

• Did Maggie T write Brown’s speach? Hasn’t anyone worked it out yet? Brown is obviously trying to restart the failed property pyramid scheme again. Of course the masses will listen especially the generation that has so much to lose (the baby boomerang generation). As fo DC, well nice guy, not as much charisma as Blair, must commend him for his effort, but frankly I wouldn’t buy a car from him or Ozzy.

Well we’ll find out shortly with a snap election in March, sadly Labour will win, as there is no real choice these days, just a preference of colours. What colour is vogue for 2010?

• Having read the quote from his typically dire speech above I cannot bring myself to open the link to the full article in case it makes me vomit. Can anyone tell me how much irritating brown BS it contains please.

• it_is_going_with_a_bang says:

Yes that’s right – a decade without Gordon Brown would seem a step in the right direction.

• c'mon correction says:

We must have one of the most un-sustainable economies in the world right now. Sadly, Gordon Brown is delusional and so is the Labour electorate who believe all the guff that is spoon-fed them.

We desperately need a new goverment, be it yellow or blue. New Liebour don’t even deserve third place.

• There will be no recovery under a Labour Government. All these people want to do is control you, impose more burdens, taxes, regulations and costs on you so that they can waste as much as possible and live a life of luxury for themselves. That is all they know and are capable of. In Labour Land money just grows on trees or comes out of a cupboard. On top of this they will take away your freedoms if you let them so beware people, the next 12 months will decide your fate.

• @6 Brown know’s the score, he’s not delusional – he’s trying to delude us though.

• The bloke is twisting statistics as a good proportion of “Britain’s dynamic entrepreneurs who have defied the recession to start up nearly half a million new businesses” are self employed sole trader contractors who are a direct result of his ‘flexible workforce’. Which ties in with the second statement, “If we continue with the tough decisions we have made, unemployment will start to drop this year and more small businesses will open and flourish” because self employed contractors don’t claim unemployment benefit because they cannot for 3-6 months anyway. Then he goes on about not wrecking the recovery (it’s xmas not a recovery) for which there is no evidence of one in an economy that he himself has hamstrung and wrecked.

As alan says the man is delusional, can’t wait for a Black Comedy to be made about him, just remember ‘things can only get better’; bstard’s.

• ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

whadda loada tosh!!!!!

• Would George Orwell would be amused or sad?

• fallingbuzzard says:

He just sent UK credit insurance up 3%. Good work Gordon. Lets have some more of that!

• In other words there will be a decade of economic suffering just like;

“I will not allow house prices to get out of control and put at risk the sustainability of the future.”

“No more boom and bust”

“I will listen and I will learn. I will strive to meet people’s aspirations. I want to lead a government humble enough to know its place – where I will always strive to be – and that is on people’s side.” – haha as long as the people are voting home owners

“It is an absolute scandal … I say it is time to end the old Britain where what mattered was the privilege you were born to not the potential you were born with. Remove the old barriers, open up our universities and let everyone move ahead.” hahahahha

“We not only saved the world……”

need I go on? I think he has just told us what we are about to face for the next ten years.