Sunday, December 6, 2009

Parody singularity

The Frugalista

"If I could do one thing this year it would be to persuade people that second-hand and home-made presents are not in any way second-rate. I have no concept that there is anything shameful about them. This may be because I was brought up seeing the worth in second-hand pieces because my father worked for Christie’s..." It gets better: "My other half, Ben, and I live in a huge house in East Devon that we couldn’t possibly afford to furnish unless we used recycled goods..."

Posted by mark wadsworth @ 03:48 PM (1741 views)

8 thoughts on “Parody singularity

• Kirsty – I also live in East Devon, but have never spotted you at the local dump.

• Greed or guilt therapy!

The neo poor. (sick)

• Sell your overpriced house and rent. Then you can afford to buy proper presents!

• ….but the buyer won’t.

• Yeah Kirsty, I know just what you mean. I’m forever tripping over pieces of tat my old Dad left to me from his days at Sothebys. Last night I was just breaking up some odd bits of Chippendale I found in the wine celllar when I realised the old notepad I’d just given to my darling three year old daughter to do her Kumon maths in was, in fact, covered in scibbles by Sickert and that I’d overlooked the fact that our bog paper had a few drawings by John Sell Cottman on it! Fu*k me Clocky old chap, I thought, this could easily pay for the conversion of the Elizabethan barn at the bottom of the eleven acre paddock to a pilates/dance studio. Goodness knows how we’d have managed without.

• Anyone got any leftover venison?

I want to arrange a soup kitchen for the homeless. Your house this time Tabitha?

• Tuesday, Wednesday AND Thursday on Channel 4 – FFS!

She was on Question Time on Thursday and could barely put two sentences together AND certainly not two that made any sense.

Davy boy, if you still want her in the Lords and looking after housing – think again.

• gone-to-colombia says:

That’s what I love about the Times, there’s always some [email protected] there one can really hate.