Thursday, December 24, 2009

Interesting exercise in doublespeak

I'm dreaming of a cashless Christmas

Edmund Conway says that we should have nothing to fear about giving up those grubby notes and coins.

Posted by devo @ 10:13 AM (1946 views)

19 thoughts on “Interesting exercise in doublespeak

• Why is it that whenever I have mentioned a cashless society in the past, certain people have called me nuts. lol, I have always directed

them to a Mastercard link. : ( My only hope is that we all become nutters and remain free from the people that want to control our every

move, right down to the air we breath and the water we drink. This is the second time today………………………………..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc7i0wCFf8g&feature=related Will he see his dream enforced before he dies? His father didn’t.

• Crunchy, it’s because you often sound like one.

Why talk in riddles all the time, why not just say exactly what you mean? It looks like you don’t know what you are talking about yourself, or you’re unable to express yourself properly, for some reason.

Same goes for you devo.

Also, regarding the level of control that “people want”. Why?

None of it makes any sense…

• Antichirst obviously will not like the cash as a few Christians may still survive his policies having cash. But hey there is still the barter alternative: I give you eggs and you give me sugar.

• 2. mander Do you like imprisonment. You will be a black marketeer, that’s no better than a pirate.

• Now, some may think that this ‘law of the land’ policy would be a law that would be difficult to enforce, but there is no worst enemy than

the imprisoned neighbour (trust me) that will vent frustration of their cowardly complience to keep the braver and more free of mind from

• 4. crunchy said…
    “Now, some may think that this ‘law of the land’ policy would be a law that would be difficult to enforce, but there is no worst enemy than

rubbing that very truth into their faces. I wonder why we have a developing non society now? Some may call it social engineering.”

• A cashless society is inevitable as technology advances. My life is 98% cashless already.

A single world government is inevitable as countries’ interaction increases. The representatives of each form stronger bonds, create an organisation, discuss how they get the best from each other, they need each other.

The only issue is maintaining freedom in such a society.

• 5. shipbuilder said…’In a way, the ‘hard working, law abiding’ have always been the ones to worry about.’

That’s a big topic. lol I guess we all have double standards when tested by the temptation of easy money.

The game of ambition is the great destroyer, whilst at the same time a brilliant creator. It all depends on the referee.

• crunchy @ 3

I am nobody so I can talk down the Antichrist, money of thin air, derivatives or other utopic things

• 8. mander

Utopic things? What ever happened to the renaissance period?

Corrupted by Pablo Picasso?

• Crunchy,

I see capitalism and capital backed by derivatives as utopic as the communism. Pure idealism no contact with reality and I think we are experiencing the end of it. Or maybe the taxpayer hardwork should replace the derivatives for the sake of keeping people in jobs and to save the democracy.

• The easy response: capitalism doesn’t involve fiat.

• Renaissance corrupted by Picasso? Hmm… I think Bosch set that ball rolling, and to describe that as corrupting is personal taste.

• 10. mander

If only I could share in you optimism. Have you considered the coupling of Goldman Sachs and the carbon trading floor?

If only someone could guarantee beyond any doubt that we will never see another derivative crisis again.

If only communism was not the most convienent method of global control that would also keep the Orient happy and productive.

Please feel free to disagree.

• They’re still aiming for the third way aren’t they?

• I wish that the times when people apply for loans and the computer says NO will end. I want a human to say NO.

Merry Christmas,

• Mander, too many people, too much emphasis on bottom line, too much complexity. Embrace it. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

Have a good one.

• Resistance is futile

Resistance is character building and good for the soul.

• Resistance is non-existent.