Saturday, November 28, 2009

I would rather have Jordan in the Lords

Kirstie Allsopp sets her sights on the House of Lords

Inspirational Quotes - "Make your man happy, the rest will fall into place". "Get married and have four children." "Women are encouraged to go off and forge their own path... That's total b******s." Yea, she would say that wouldn't she. Well, I would, if I was born with a silver spoon in my mouth.

Posted by peter_2008 @ 03:31 AM (1532 views)

13 thoughts on “I would rather have Jordan in the Lords

• I’m convinced the UK has had quite enough of this overweight plum-tongued foghorn. The only thing stopping her from falling completely into obscurity is the fawning articles published about her by her fwends.

Why would anyone in their right mind put her in the house of lords?

Oh, I forget – there always Lord Archer.

Fat hands alert BTW.

• I wrote to my (Tory) MP a month ago, suggesting that this would prevent me from voting Conservative. If enough people do this, you never know, it might just make a difference.

• krustyatemyhamster says:

A few weeks ago I can remember Mark Wadsworth posting a story about the possibility of Kirstie being elevated to the Lords and one blogger attacking him for posting the story. He was of course spot on.

Kirstie Allsopp IS the Conservative party. The reason she’s being considered for a seat in the Lords and a position in the government is because she represents the values that David Cameron holds closest to his heart. This is the man that appointed a failed journalist/data entry clerk to the position of Shadow Chancellor on the basis that he was a member of the same drinking club.

• Kirsty is a panel guest of David D on the forthcoming edition of BBC Question Time (Thursday @ 10.35pm). I remember her last performance on the show – hardly impressive – I wonder if she ever will “eat her hat”.

If she does enter the Lords she’ll need to practice heavily on snoozing and napping during the day – Source The Parliament Show (Channel 612).

• I, for one, welcome it.. fill the lords up with C list celebs.. turn it into a posh ‘IACGMOOH’, vote by phone in… perhaps then we’ll demand real reform.

• peter_2008 said…. “I would rather have Jordan in the Lords.”

Kinky! A hung parliament indeed and just how many seats are required?

• charlie brooker says:

She’s a corporate feminist – exploiting the notion of equality and independence in order to control and manipulate women, not to emancipate them

• the number cruncher says:

Are there any Cameron advisors and inner circle who are not old money landed gentry.

I cannot think of one. Makes you think!

Then again, no better than the Anglo Saxon corpretocracy that have been pulling Tony and Gordon’s Strings

One thing is for sure, they both have their sights on making the working/productive man pay for their privilege by keeping their wealth and propety safe from taxation or devaluation.

• A lot of people are focusing on the Krusty bit but “I would rather have Jordan in the Lords”. I’ll think you’ll find the best place to have Jordan is in the jungle preferably after a few pints.

• charlie brooker says:

Our lads serving in Afghanistan would rather have Jordan up the Khyber.

• mark wadsworth says:

@ krustyatemyhamster, ta for mention. The Kirstie/Tory love-in goes back years and elevating her is not without the bounds of probability, see also Lord ‘Sir’ Alan Sugar etc.

I agree with Peter. I’d rather Jordan were in the HoL.

• This is sick. Can’t we get the vile bloater for treason? Mr Fawkes had foresight.

• No wonder we are where we are today…