Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Ah ha

House prices - on their way up?

Last September, the `average` house was valued at around £161,800*. Prices were on the way down, and kept falling for another five months - reaching an average of £147,700 in February - before starting to climb again. This September, the average house was again valued at around £161,800, giving us an annual change of 0%. The last 12 months, in other words, have seen house prices move down and up again in a `V` shape, leading many to hope that prices were on their way back up and that all the fears of negative equity and a `house price crash` had been blown out of proportion.

Posted by bufferbear @ 11:15 PM (4177 views)

21 thoughts on “Ah ha

• Not much?

• @ titaniccaptain – Yes – especially the so called inferior sex, they won’t have a hope in hell! But anyway it’s going to be a W and not a V – so sit back and enjoy the ride!

• Personally I think it will probably be more like a VL/ shaped recovery.

Time for bed methinks.

• No worries! – I wasn’t really offended but I couldn’t resist a little dig 🙂 – great song/video btw I just checked it out

• 1. titaniccaptain said…”I own my house outright and I can afford a deposit on a new house”

That’s interesting titaniccaptian, but that does beckon the question of why you feel the need to comment on this site I am all ears.

I have often wondered why without knowing that information.

• When will people stop talking of “recovery”?
    When you quit drugs you are “recovering.”
    It might not feel like it because your brain has been scrambled but just the same – it is true.
    Therefore we should resist a recovery in the sense that the majority mean.
    The crazy house prices were a “trip” induced by the drug of easy credit.
    If people refuse to accept reality and demand more junk, and if the dealers (banks) return (after their bail has been paid by the jury!) to provide their fix (credit) then people will be able to return to the hedonism they crave.
    But remember that dealers demand payment with interest – so don’t complain when you’re forced back on the streets to prostitute yourself simply to sustain a mirage of well-being.
    If people simply want more painkillers, then they should make themselves clear and stop talking of “recovery”.
    Falling house prices are part and parcel of a return to reality and should be welcomed.

• little professor says:

Love the Eels, great music choice 🙂

• 11. titaniccaptain

It would have been nice if you could have returned the cursity of referring to me by my name crunchy. Have I ever called you titcaptain or

other?

Perhaps it is a defense mechanism “who really knows with your type.” Remember? As you have decided to start off on that low level

anything that I write in explanation to this subject would be a complete waste of time. You have short changed HPC as it may have been a

very worthwhile read, if not for you. Sorry I asked! Sigh.

• Errrmmm you got the name wrong. I got the name right. Tit!

They don’t like it up em Captain Mainwaring!

However your Mother has my sympathy.

• crunchy please post as it sounds as if you had something interesting to say on this topic.

• titaniccaptain – don’t you leave us either because I really enjoy your post too!

• 15. titaniccaptain

Please take some sound advise from a much older and wiser person.

Stop now before you make a total *** of yourself in front of all those HPC drinking mates of yours.

Spending some time on your own busy site might be time better spent.

Finished with you now. Bored.

• Loved the Eels too, thanks TC

• 22. rumble In your dreams little Thomas.

May I take this opportunity to mention the Pentagon missing Trillions CBS news story again. : )

Thanks for the second chance rumble.

• 16. mystie010 said…crunchy please post as it sounds as if you had something interesting to say on this topic.

I don’t comment much on house prices. It has become of small interest to me now. However I did have something to say on the subject,

but was intrigued by titaniccaptians No1 comment and it all went pear shaped from there. Shame!

• Yes that is a shame I would have liked to have heard what you had to say 🙁

• brilliant chaps.lol
    a true classic
    well done crunchy & tc

• 26. sold out said…brilliant chaps.lol
    a true classic
    well done crunchy & tc

LOL sold out I am now going to share a secret to all, just to spice up a classic. You see titaniccaptain and crunchy are in fact one persona did you not ever notice that we share two c’s in our names. It all came about when I was deciding a name for myself. I was stuck on titcruncher for some time, but thought that inappropriate so I separated the two names.

I could really embellish this but I don’t want to over egg what is already a Crunchy & Co Classic.

Glad you have seen the funny side of it. HPC has been short of that in these serious times.

Now where did I hide those pesky pies? : ) ( :

• I would have thought creative was more accurate.

Spike Milligan was something quiet beyond that not mad or a maniac (they only know of destruction), but a Genius.

Have A Nice Day.

‘Help, help, ‘ said a man. ‘I’m drowning.’
    ‘Hang on, ‘ said a man from the shore.
    ‘Help, help, ‘ said the man. ‘I’m not clowning.’
    ‘Yes, I know, I heard you before.
    Be patient dear man who is drowning,
    You, see I’ve got a disease.
    I’m waiting for a Doctor J. Browning.
    So do be patient please.’
    ‘How long, ‘ said the man who was drowning. ‘Will it take for the Doc to arrive? ‘
    ‘Not very long, ‘ said the man with the disease. ‘Till then try staying alive.’
    ‘Very well, ‘ said the man who was drowning. ‘I’ll try and stay afloat.
    By reciting the poems of Browning
    And other things he wrote.’
    ‘Help, help, ‘ said the man with the disease, ‘I suddenly feel quite ill.’
    ‘Keep calm.’ said the man who was drowning, ‘ Breathe deeply and lie quite still.’
    ‘Oh dear, ‘ said the man with the awful disease. ‘I think I’m going to die.’
    ‘Farewell, ‘ said the man who was drowning.
    Said the man with the disease, ‘goodbye.’
    So the man who was drowning, drownded
    And the man with the disease past away.
    But apart from that,
    And a fire in my flat,
    It’s been a very nice day.

Spike Milligan

Now that’s how it’s really done.

• Class!