Monday, September 7, 2009

Making your mind up?

Hope for US housing market

A year after the US government bailed out mortgage giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, the country's housing market is making modest gains.

Posted by smiling @ 10:30 AM (1138 views)

12 thoughts on “Making your mind up?

• “Hope for US housing market” – Bob Hope and no hope

• I think the central banks are right to print money and hand it out to homeowners – clearly these people are so dumb they need it. No different to being on benefits imo.

Scum.

• Jack off topic – FTSE? ’nuff said? I took some profits out of those S&P shorts, as my confidence that the rally was over was pretty non existant. Lets wee if we hit 4950 (new post march high) without those “damn yankees”.

The fat lady is still gargling!!

• techieman – sensible to take some of the profit – FTSE 100 @ 4918 as I type – cadbury bid will (IMO) help lift market – I think if we get to 4950 we could then look to 5200 as the next barrier to break.

• jack C – i stand firm on my previous posts. Possibly back to 4850 – 4800 (actually got down a bit lower – more or less 50% of the latest upmove – which was where i got out of muost of the S&P shorts – still am short but really tiny and will get stopped for a small loss), then up to the 5100s – although i might amend that depending on how we get there.

Still looking to get involved in some serious shorts but as i said the fat lady might not be on stage yet.

• techieman – thanks for the ongoing opinion/info – FTSE100 now at 4929 – if Wall st runs positive as it did on Friday I think we’ll be through 4950 and beyond.

There were a few fat ladies on stage on Saturday gone when my 2 children were watching X factor (LOL)

• jack c – you will have to wait for tomorrow for them damn yankees – labor day today.

Were they the “stunners”?

• techie – you best notify the BBC as it looks live on their business section

Can’t remember the names but I now know why more and more people need a 50 inch wide plasma !

I’m off out now on appointments but will check the thread tonight when I get back – best of luck with all of your postions.

• Regarding the FTSE, looks like my hunch that the bull trap was over last week was a bit premature, lol. Ah well.

• yep shippy – i dont want to rub salt in but…..

my hunch was more right than yours this time, but next time it may be the other way round. Of course my hunch was supported with some work, but sometimes doing the work doesnt work!

Still interested to see the breach of 4950 – am thinking that how (assuming it does) that gets exceeded will give us some more clues as to when this is over.

• Just got back to find 4933 close – my guess now is that we will break through 5000 barrier before Thursday’s interest rate announcement.

I see we have totally “off topic” hijacked smiley’s original post (LOL)

• @12 I see we have totally “off topic” hijacked smiley’s original post (LOL)

no worries Jack, it was interesting however that from advising a sell @post5 you seem to have turned fairly bullish by @ post 12,

🙂