Wednesday, September 2, 2009

And another one down and another one down … another one bites the dust!

'Secret millionaire' property develop declared bankrupt

'The Ballad of The Failed Property Developer' proved a recurring and popular chart topper throughout 2009 and 2010.

Posted by paul @ 10:28 PM (1425 views)

7 thoughts on “And another one down and another one down … another one bites the dust!

• If only they’d all held out for a bit longer for the crash to end eh?

• Too much exposure in a booming area always will leave room for potential disaster!

• little professor says:

Yet more public money down the drain. Chek Whyte was given £1.55m of public funds to build ‘affordable flats’ in Salford. Now he has declared bankruptcy, suppliers and small contractors are all left unpaid and could themselves go bust as a result. He also recieved money from the Church which owned part of the land which was being developed. All in all he has £30million of debt, which will now by wiped out as he is given a clean slate. A true scumbag.

• “self made millionaire”

WTF? They make it sound like he worked his way to the top! He had a fleeting moment of being a paper millionaire in an asset boom before blowing the lot through being a numpty. Why can’t they refer to these people for what they are?

Oh – what’s that you say? The newspapers aren’t allowed to print the word a**ehole?

• inflation is eating my savings says:

I think Derek and Clive had a better word that might describe this chap. It escapes me. Don’t use it myself, of course.

• little professor says:

“I’m really known now for buying companies in receivership. I went bankrupt years ago. I’ve gone through the treadmill. I know what happened there. As long as you learn from your mistakes you move forward.”Chek Whyte, May 2008

• more fool the banks…. by lending him. I would be interested in the details of his IVA.

“Chek Whyte was last month reported to be in £30m of debt ….But the self-made millionaire” erm can someone explain that nugget of information to me?