Thursday, June 4, 2009

Kirstie expressing her disblief at HPC?

Kirstie Allsopp's anger after C4 order her to re-shoot scenes

The 35-year-old presenter used her Twitter page to complain, posting: 'Just been told I can't say "for god's sake!" or "Christ almighty" on TV (& it's channel 4!!). 'I am so sick of compliance I could scream - Aah!'

Posted by peter_2008 @ 10:40 PM (1397 views)

14 thoughts on “Kirstie expressing her disblief at HPC?

• HPC’s obsession with Kirstie Allsopp is unhealthy and no better than the visceral dislike that the Daily Mail regularly shows for Amy Winehouse although the latter certainly deserves the criticism more than Allsopp.

• japanese uncle says:

It’s simply amazing that her TV programme is still surviving.

In a year or two, she may be appearing in Jeremy Kyle show, in which those ‘property investors’ who were naiive enough to believe in her bravely bullish prediction even risking the potential horrific apepsy by eating a hat, thus suffered millions of pounds of loss, may be attempting to assault her, screaming ‘You! How dare you!’ only to be restrained by the security staff.

• gone-to-colombia says:

mr g, who cares, she represents all that many of us here loathe about the last decade of greed. She took her reward fronting the property ramping era, what’s wrong with her receiving the opprobrium?
    Besides, she still has a hat to eat, may it shut her up for a while!
    Though, I suspect her the media will drop her soon.

• We won’t see the programme for a while yet, but I will bet money on that Kristie said “Aah!!” every time people dared to offer below asking price. The frequency of “For God Sake!” also must reflects the frequency of shameless gazunder occurrence. “Jesus Christ!” and a slap on face should be the correct response to young couples saying “We decided we will wait a year or two to see what happens.”

It could well be a programme entirely consists of only the above three quotes.

• phdinbubbles says:

“although the latter certainly deserves the criticism more than Allsopp”

Winehouse may be a troubled individual with tiresome personal problems but she has something going for her – a great singing voice – whereas Kirstie has no talent for anything other than bullying – she was the cheerleader of the blinkered one-sided, ill-educated ignorance of the rampers. As comedy hate-figures go, it would be hard to dream up someone as awful as allslop

I’ll scweam and i’ll scweam and i’ll scweam and I’ll scweam if I don’t get my own way.

• Ms Allsopp certainly has brought a great deal of the opprobrium (see above) on herself; I can’t see where her “advice” adds value to the great property debate and in at least one instance in one of her programmes, her advice was horribly, horribly wrong.

That said, I don’t see the relevance of this article to this site.

• ‘I am so sick of compliance I could scream – Aah!’

A bit rich Kirsty!

• mrr19121970 says:

I’m sure it’s not the actual words that Channel 4 object to, but rather the patronising manner in which it’s delivered. When a perfectly “normal” buyer objects to paying 300k for a box (as it’s 10x their annual salary), she flames them in the disgusting manner in an effort to embarrasing them into buying into the pyramid scheme.

• “HPC’s obsession with Kirstie Allsopp is unhealthy” – actually i find it quite amusing! And it sort of depends what you want from this forum. For me HPC.co.uk is often intellectually stimulating, full of clever people across disciplines and also can be quite entertaining (I even enjoy the gold ramping and the end is nigh stuff [maybe it is!]). I actually have no problem with the Bulls – just as i have no problem with day “traders” in shares that are in effect only day “buyers”.

Every dog has its day. its just you need to recognise when its … “a new dawn , its a new day”

• DING! DING! DING! DING! DING!

JU has said the Word of the Day “apepsy”.

Seems to me that the thing that irritates her is that she has to do what the programme makers say not the other way round. Contrast this with the way Simon Cowell does Britains Got Talent where Simon dictates who can fart and you see that Kirsty wants to make programmes about Kirtsy, not property.

Wonder why.

• [email protected] Agreed, Winehouse has talent, she just doesn’t know how to control herself.

[email protected] Again I agree entirely with your comments, I find HPC both useful and amusing. I just wish some individuals would stop taking themselves so seriously!

• well done Paul, “got talent” and “Kirsty” in the same sentence, very strange.

• Paul said, “Seems to me that the thing that irritates her is that she has to do what the programme makers say not the other way round.”

I’ll post this again… Mrs 666 works in television production and was contracting for Endemol when they commissioned The Honourable Ms Allsopp’s latest series, “Home Made Home”. It turns out that she had told the company that she’d like to take some time out to do her own project and it was only when the execs discovered that she was to be doing up a property that they decided to ask her if they could follow her with some cameras. Mind you, I’m sure it’s changed what she is doing to some degree, yes.

• contrails are not a conspiracy (formerly npnh) says:

“For me HPC.co.uk is often intellectually stimulating, full of clever people across disciplines and also can be quite entertaining”

I agree but would like to add this site was really in its element about 3 years ago before all the weird stuff started.

I stopped referring my colleagues, fiends & family a long ago due to being embarrassed about some of the posts. I’m still lurking most days.