Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Gordon is a moron, Gordon is a moron……

Gordon Brown's 10 worst financial gaffes

Here is a list of Gordon's worst financial blunders, the screw-ups which have cost us all dearly and left economists, accountants and the rest of us scratching our heads in disbelief. 1) Taxing dividend payments to pension funds, 2) Selling our gold, 3) Tripartite financial regulation, 4) Abolition of the 10p tax rate, 5) Failing to spot the housing bubble, 6) Public-sector borrowing (sorry investment how could I have forgotten!) ..... and so it goes on.

Posted by who stole my pension? @ 02:32 PM (1332 views)

24 thoughts on “Gordon is a moron, Gordon is a moron……

• Fantastic article that paints a sorry picture of this gross incompetent.

Gordon really is a moron.

• matt_the_hat says:

What about a never ending war with no feasible objectives that cost billions a year and puts the Uk’s financial interests at stake for generations

• justwatching says:

He’s made a good few f**k ups. Don’t disagree with the list, but what about the rankings?? How much money has this one man wasted with his incompetence.

Thank the lord for the expenses scandal, what a red herring that is.

• Read the current edition of Private Eye – highlighting how Brown and Murdoch have fallen out, so all Rupert’s papers are now twisting the knife..

..on the other hand – it’s all true..!

• I’ll bet that many HPC’ers voted Labour in the last few elections. It’s quite a guilty little secret. Come on, name and shame yourselves.

• 7. Failing to spot the housing bubble

Not sure how they can publish that one without making themselves look stupid.

• @5 flashman

Never voted labour in any election.

Phew.

• I knew I could count on you debtfree.

I am only partly joking though. HPC’ers who voted for them, the second and third time around, should shoulder their share of the blame. My instinct tells me that many of HPC’s most vociferous finger pointers are probably Labour voters.

• A quote from the late, great Bill Hicks, which applies equally to the UK – “I’ll show you politics in America. Here it is, right here. ‘I think the puppet on the right shares my beliefs.’ ‘I think the puppet on the left is more to my liking.’ ‘Hey, wait a minute, there’s one guy holding out both puppets!’”

• ship: I like it.

I dug out this quote for you (Corinthians):

“Every one has his proper gift from God, one thus, another thus. For this reason, the amount of other people’s food cannot be determined without some misgiving”.

It looks like St Paul was considering your conundrum 2000 years ago.

• I’ve never voted labour in my life. But then I’m not eligible to vote in england any more, and you couldn’t blame someone for voting labour before brown started making his f****ups.

@10 – why do quotes from the bible never make any sense whatsoever? IS it just because it is vague BS? No wonder gordon is turning to religion for his salvation.

• need-a-crash says:

1. Taxing dividend payments
    Interesting how this one really winds up my Dad and loads of other retired /soon to retire people, while obviously the younger generation are /should be wound up by 7. Failing to spot the housing bubble – So everyone can think Gordon is a moron!

@6. great point. I thought in The Times world there was no housing bubble??

• happy mondays says:

@ 5, There is not any decent party to vote for flash, they are all without morals, ethics, backbone etc, just twisting and turning, dancing for the public as to keep them in, so they can go blow & please there business buddies..
    @ ship, Bill Hicks saw it for what it is..We are just on a ride..
    @ inbreda, the bible has been distorted more times than GB’s face,to gain public support,to take, destroy , rape, kill, in the name of GOD….Yeah OK, unfortunately the big scam still works…

• inbreda: Brown made his bank regulation f**k up very soon in his first term as Chancellor, but pleased to hear you never voted for them.

The bible quote refers to an earlier post where shipbuilder and I were debating the equitable distribution of wealth. It makes perfect sense in that context. Recently on holiday I ran out of reading material and read my wifes Ken Follet book (Pillars of the Earth). It was surprisingly good, but anyway, that’s where I got the quote from. Having attended a Catholic boarding school run by an obscure order of priests, I share your distaste for religion. Peace be with you.

• happy: For that reason I haven’t voted since my university days, when I voted for the Communist party. I think everyones’ youth should contain a communist party vote.

• 15. flashman said… I haven’t voted since my university days, when I voted for the Communist party.

So you never voted for Thatcher?

• “the bible has been distorted more times than GB’s face”

That’s my favourite quote of the day!!

• devo: No I didn’t. My dissertation at University (1983) was a diatribe against the destruction of the manufacturing base. I was only 17 when Thatcher first came to power but I hated her with a passion in the early 80’s.

I’ve revealed my voting history so how about it. Did you vote for Labour?

• Did you vote for Labour?

Once, in the eighties. One and only time I’ve voted. Hey, we’ve got something in common!

• It had to happen eventually!

It looks like they rigged the vote Tehran style cos nobody seems to have voted for the cun*s

• Most of our problems stem from point 7. But it wasn’t a case of failing to spot it, it was actively encouraging it so the electorate could MEW and feel happy with Labour. Personal debt is our biggest problem in my view.
    And I’ve never voted Labour either.

• tenyearstogetmymoneyback says:

Timmy t wrote “it was actively encouraging it so the electorate could MEW ”

I wonder it it was encouraged so that MPs could MEW.
    I reckon this is one of the key things that has been missed in the expenses row.

If an MP had £1 million worth of Taylor Wimpey shares there would be an awful lot of
    questions asked. However, if they have £1 million exposure the housing market then
    that is considered the norm. How many MPs will be in negative equity if houses drop
    much more.

A final thought / conspiracy theory, do you remember how when Tony Blair became Prime Minister he sold
    his London Mansion for about £400000 as he was moving to No 10. I can just imagine
    a certain Chancellor thinking “If I cause house prices to trebble this will really wind him up”

:- Duncan

• Albertino Albertini says:

Is this the ‘Confessions Booth’? I voted Labour in ’97. But not in the last two.

:: limbers up for ‘Hail Mary’s ::

I once voted Labour – never again!; now I would rather vote BMP……..