Saturday, May 9, 2009

The lady is for turning

Nikkei knack

"A mere 25 per cent of financial advisers think that the recent massive rally in the stock market - the FTSE 100 is at a four-month high - represents the beginning of a new bull market. So what makes me worried about that? It isn't that I think this is the wrong view. No, it is that I absolutely agree. It's being part of the consensus that makes me feel mildly uncomfortable"... the lady is ready to turn

Posted by confused76 @ 07:32 PM (1322 views)

9 thoughts on “The lady is for turning

• If you don’t like it don’t do it. If you do, it’s up to you.

By the way has anyone seen the photos of Brown in the Daily Mail today? 80p well spent.

Cheered me up no end. The cruel twist of fate!

• The brave bloodhound always stays on track.

That’s how it picks up the cent! ; )

• bidin'matime says:

I disagree with the conclusion that ‘ the lady is ready to turn’ – my reading of the article suggests the opposite.

• In Moneyweek she tells us that she is buying a house!!!!!!

Her articles in Sunday Times, plus some other circumstances, persuaded me to sell in late 07. I read that she is buying a house the day after I signed for another 12 months renting.

Mind you she claims to be a blip because she doesn’t like her dingy rented flat, is reluctant to move again in the next decade and wants her two small children settled. Reasonable enough but her objectivity will now be tested.

• japanese uncle says:

Crash seems really crushed these days. I suggest he should quit for the peace of all mankind including not least himself.

• I’m with bidin’matime…. I just read the entire article and it seems to suggest the contrary.

• “He who hesitates is lost.”

nvestors lose their shirts because they get in or out too late, not because they get in or out.

• I am waiting for the PE ratio on the S&P 500 to go below 10, which could mean a further 50% decline in Global stocks. In the 1929-32 bear market, the last decline from final rally to the final low was 51% and only took 6 months. Watch out below.

• general congreve says:

If house prices don’t continue to decline, stocks don’t falter in the coming weeks and months and crash to new lows, the banks are solvent before the end of 2011, and all is well with the forthcoming, economy crushing, Brownian tax-burden, then I’ll eat Krusty.

It’s pretty obvious there’s a tsunami on the horizon.