Sunday, May 17, 2009

If you agree, say so below.

City predicts faster growth for Britain

"we now expect the recession to end around the end of this year"

Posted by devo @ 09:52 PM (1143 views)

8 thoughts on “If you agree, say so below.

• Chinny reckon

• inflation is eating my savings says:

where does the phrase noshbag come from?

• Thank you Grillsbears, for that old-school input….

“chinny reckon” To express indignant disbelief at another’s fanciful proclamation.
    Typically accompanied by the stroking of a non-existent goatie beard.

• I am a little surprised by this report but the fact is that Credit Suisse, JP Morgan and Citi have all revised their forecasts more favourably. Let’s not put our fingers in our ears and disregard any data that doesn’t meet the ‘doom monger’ mindset. What I’d like to now is whether these figures can translate into a housing market recovery – it seems unlikely to me but I’m not a paid economist.

• What does ‘doommonger’ mean quiet guy?

A) someone who predicts a global deflationary spiral?

or,

B) someone who predicts a HYPERINFLATIONARY spiral?

or, c,

someone who doesn’t really care either way?

• C’mon devo, I think you know what I was getting at. The ‘doom monger mindset’ I refered to is someone who look to fit the facts to the reality they want; in my case somebody who would like to see a house price crash.

Deflationary or inflationary? I wish I knew! Personally, I suspect that the government’s aim is to gently inflate away debt and so far they’ve done a reasonably good job of that, considering the circumstances. I also think that there is a risk that we will lose control of inflation. Basically, I worry about what inflation is doing to my savings and my pension. If inflation rises, then the case for buying assets, including property, becomes stronger.

• quiet guy @ 4
    The stock market recovery always precedes the housing market recovery by at least 2 or 3 years so sit tight for a bit yet.

• JIMMY HILL! Not a chance.