Sunday, April 12, 2009

Your six weeks are up Rosie

Rosie Millard buys a house

"Now that I’ve got a £1m wreck on my hands, what’s the plan? Well, lying down in a darkened room, struggling to comprehend the notion that I have gone mad and, what’s more, have done so during a recession, was obviously the first thing to do. The second was sorting out the finances. Not easy. The rules of the auction room dictate that you have six weeks to finalise everything, or you lose your deposit." Sorry, this is not a normal news article but a little reminder for Rosie. I am waiting to see her next column with great interest ...

Posted by quiet guy @ 12:40 AM (2259 views)

11 thoughts on “Your six weeks are up Rosie

• I don’t understand. What’s the reference point here? What has she done recently that you are interested in?

• @paul

My understanding is that Rosie gambled upon being able to find approximately £1m finance for the house she bid for at an auction.

I cannot post the oroiginal link again because it is recognised as a duplicate by the blog. My question is: how did Rosie’s property gamble work out?

Six weeks. Tick tick tick …

• shining wit says:

Rosie’s just a journo tart, look > Psst! Fancy a furtive bite at my pop-up restaurant?

Quiet guy, you are naughty, keeping tabs on this useless piece of faeces. All this woman does is lie. Lied about here debts, lied about her properties and lied about her recent purchase, now she’s serving people food in her own soup kitchen.

• Well spotted quiet guy!

Six weeks ago, Rosie Millard bought a £1m wreck at auction. At the time the newspaper printed “now she’s got six weeks to raise £1m”. Wonder how she did? Perhaps we’ll find out in tomorrow’s Sunday Times. Or perhaps she’ll just deny it ever happened, and announce that she has decided to “downshift” to a crack den in Lewisham – not because her property gambling has left her broke, but because she wants her children to grow up in a multicultural environment. Whatever!

@shining wit,

Nice find too. I can’t believe she struggles so much to run a basic restaurant. On my recent skiing holiday the chalet host managed to cook and serve wine for twelve people without breaking a sweat. It’s not hard if you’re organised!

• OK, I think I’ve found the sale she attended, and the property she bought:

The sale was conducted by Barnet Ross on Feb 19th. Lot 24 is listed as 39 Thornhill Sq, Islington, London – £1.096m

Royal Mail’s postcode finder tells me it’s N1 1BE

No record on Houseprices.co.uk of it having sold yet.

– Can anyone work out which property she needed to sell to fund the deal?

• There’s some info on an old HPC forum (can’t give the link, it won’t let me – but you can find it if you search on google)

Anyway, apparently her old house is 52 Thornhill Square, Barnsbury, N1, which is still on the market for £1,495,000. Foxtons ref: 1223869

What a bunch of old gossips!

• little professor says:

She couldn’t get the financing, the property is back on the market and she will have lost her deposit. It’s being discussed on the main forums somewhere, I can dig out a link if you really want.

• little professor says:

Actually I’m not quite sure what is happening.

Her own home is still for sale, at £1.495million:

And the house she bought at auction for £1.1m is on the market for £1.2 million – although property bee says it has been listed since March 4th.

• Roie Millard is an industry plant.

• I hate to be a gossip – but what a horrible house! I knew London was overpriced, but really – I wuld not pay one tenth the asking price. They’ve even decorated it in sick.

• Dcwestates says:

Wreck still has no offers. Renovated property on with Foxtons has no offers and asking price has been dropped by £100k. Apparently Ms Millard is desperate and willing to accept £1.05m for wreck (paid £1.096m at auction) but Savills just sold one a few doors down for close to that which was in good condition with none of the subsidence, structural horrors, so good luck with that! Wreck has to be seen to be believed! Has been tastefully decorated (and perfumed) by squatters. There’s more furniture in the garden than in the house, maybe the squatters thought it would be safer living outside since the roof seems to be frighteningly concave! Apparently she’s been offered £600k cash but other viewers have been told to run by their builders! It’s become a local legend amongst estate agents in Islington and none of them can talk about it and keep a straight face. Wonder what the next chapter in this saga will bring …