Thursday, April 23, 2009

Krusty denies the “eat my hat” comment

BBC radio 5 Live

Simon talks to Paddy Ashdown about his autobiography A Fortunate Life, and Kirstie Allsopp about her new Channel 4 series Kirstie's Home Made Home.

Posted by jack c @ 02:30 PM (1685 views)

8 thoughts on “Krusty denies the “eat my hat” comment

• little professor says:

Not this again. She made the comment back in 2004, when prices were starting to wobble. She said she would eat her hat if prices didn’t pick up again. She was right, we were wrong.

• Probably in response to my comment here.

(She was wrong and we were right, surely lp)

• When is this tiresome woman going to go away. What have we done to have this vapid, slightly stupid woman thrust down our throats again and again?

• I gather the broadcast isnt currently available – pity because listening to her today she has (1) selective memory (2) reversed her position on falling house prices – Poor old Phil got a few mentions including the fact his property finder business went bust !

• Krusty’s new series is unbelievably cr*p, the woman has no taste!
    TV programmers have no idea, if the viewers seem to take to someone, just keep them fronting more and more sh*te.

• phdinbubbles says:

Always worth watching: Krusty on Have I got News For You in 2003, being questioned about dodgy mortgage lending and the debt time bomb (6 mins in).

• inflation is eating my savings says:

I cannot believe this woman would ever want it up her.

Kirsty Can I just say one thing, and I know we’re about to go to the travel, but I just have to say that gazumping is NOT promoted by estate agents. If you pay an extra £5000 for a house, it makes a minimum difference to the Estate Agents fee. The Estate Agent only makes money with houses sold as quickly as possible with as little hassle as possible. Gazumping is something that’s done by greedy vendors. Now Estate Agents do a lot of rotten things, but gazumping is not one of them.

Simon James Robb says how can Kirsty say that prices aren’t falling when Right Move have reported house price falls for the last 2 months, and this month the Halifax have reported the first fall since 2002 and the biggest fall since 2000. House prices ARE falling, not going up more slowly.

Kirsty JULY and AUGUST that’s all I’ll say. School holidays; they traditionally fall at this time of year. September, mid-september, we’ll see the market comes back up. If it doesn’t come back up this time, I’ll eat my hat.

Simon Martin Kethcut-Jones says, I’m in the property business; I’m a property developer in Surry. Prices are definitely dropping in the South-East, I am seeing sales prices as much as 15% below asking, Kirsty and Phil have an interest in talking the market up because they want to sell a book, and its better with a healthy property market in which to sell

At start of september 04 kirsty says prices traditionally fall in the summer, and they would recover in september/mid september 04. This september 04 recovery didnt happen, It took until Nov 05 for prices to start to recove.

After the oct 04 indexes were released HPC called for kirsty to eat her hat