Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Housing Tax cuts to remain

Stamp duty cut 'to be extended'

Chancellor Alistair Darling is set to extend the stamp duty "holiday" on homes costing up to £175,000 by three months, to the end of the year.

Posted by refusetobuy @ 11:13 AM (1142 views)

10 thoughts on “Housing Tax cuts to remain

• Save a penny lose a pound.

Sounds like waster Brown’s economics to me.

• Further proof that house prices will continue falling at least until the end of this year?

• Happy Mondays

Looks like you could up your flat budget.

Your just not getting true value for money at £120k 🙂

• general congreve says:

And so it begins…. The government is running scared of pulling the plug on any of it’s stimulus measures. They know it’ll send the economy into reverse even faster. Only problem is, if you don’t collect taxes but you’re running up record peacetime national debt you’ll bankrupt the country even faster.

The pain is coming one way or another, but Brown is intent on following the most painful path in the long run, in his vainglorious efforts to be legitimately elected by the British Public. Never going to happen mate, give it up and do what’s best for the country, you’ll be thanked in the history books rather than vilified forever.

• Good points GC

• george monsoon says:

GC..

well said.

• stillthinking says:

Blair isn’t being vilified and I doubt Brown will be.

• general congreve says:

stillthinking @6 – Blair was a spin master and knew when to get out, leaving Brown with the mess he’d co-created. You and I know Blair was a d**k, completely complicit in bankrupting this country. But know average sheeple will just think “Blair good, Brown bad”, based on the economic fortunes/misfortunes they experienced under their respective leaderships.

I actually had an opportunity to crash head first into Blair’s tour bus when he was first campaigning for election in 1997. I was at university, living off campus and drove to my lectures that day. I had to pull over to let an oncoming bus come by as I entered the campus. There was a grinning idiot sitting next to the driver waving at me as the us approached. Took me a couple of seconds to realise it was t**t face. I was within a second of flooring my knackered E-reg volvo into the front of his stupid ‘New Labour, New Britain Bus’ (mainly for the opportunity to get my face all over the evening news), but, quite sensibly (if uncourageously) bottled it at the last second.

A friend on my course told me he met him earlier that day. Blair asked him if he was voting labour, to which he replied “No.”. One of Blair’s female aides told my friend immediately “Well you can f**k off then!”, thereby succinctly summarising Labour’s intentions to the public for the next 12 years and their legacy beyond. True story.

• GC – bang on. Blair wasn’t stupid – he could see this was all going to come crashing down. Boxers quit when they are world champion, so they are remembered that way – Blair was no different. Poor old GB hadn’t had his ego massaged enough though and couldn’t help himself. Now its too late, he will be remembered as the Chancellor/PM that broke this country.

• 6. stillthinking said…
    Blair isn’t being vilified and I doubt Brown will be.

He is, just not by the majority – and only because the majority of the great british public are apathetic to the point of unconsciousness.