Monday, February 16, 2009

What a green and pleasant land ?

Woman's eviction ordeal

Looks like the TV dimwhit production companies are filming their first episode of Repossession, repossession, repossession.

Posted by doomwatch @ 06:18 PM (2819 views)

14 thoughts on “What a green and pleasant land ?

• Ah nasty story for sure but if you owe more than a million pounds … The battle to keep the home appears to be quite pointless.

• All part of the non-productive,money making,money wasting, virulent culture, seeking deluded justice that enables this game to be played again and again.
    Hopefully it is now coming to an end.

• I think if I was a TV documentary maker I’d be looking for a slightly more sympathetic eveictee that this one. People who borrow large sums of money to do up old rectories (presumably in the hope of making a killing) are hardly going to be that popular with TV audiences.

• I stole back my repossessed home: How one woman became a squatter in her own house —–

Quite a read – “I’ve done nothing wrong guv “- Sounds like the insurance company think she is a fraud case to me

• OK, just this once….

BWAAHAAAHAAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAAAAAAA!!!! ROFL

• Lord Darcy Pew says:

Borrowed money needs to be repaid plus interest. It’s quite simple, but unfortunately so are most people. If she believes the house is still worth 1.6M then she should stump up the cash “show me the money” or just “shut the **** up”

• “On the last day, I snapped. The estate agent was showing a young couple around my home. I heard them excitedly chatting about the offer they were going to make – £500,000. I was furious at the injustice. This was my home and it was worth £1.6 million – I couldn’t stand by and see it taken from me without a fight.”

Lots of people are going to discover that their houses are worth a lot less than they think. This is how many people react when they discover their “assets” are worth less than they thought. Now imagine the reaction if Lloyds/RBS collapses and people discover their savings accounts are worth less than they thought too! This could all get very messy.

@shining wit,
    Nice find. I’m surprised the estate agents haven’t described it as “As Seen On TV”…

• I watched Dispatches tonight – a Channel 4 programme with a man named Digby looking at how the Job Centre serves people at a time that people are not asking the job centre to advertise a wide variety of jobs.
    A family with 2 children have their benefits frozen because the woman loses her Woolworths job and tries an 11 working day paperwork wait for benefits – which actually takes about a month: the income support people can not cope with the sudden increase in claimant paperwork.
    These people ask for a crisis loan but their paperwork is unprocessed and so such a loan can not be evaluated.
    Besides that, a lot of jobs advertised at the centre are not full time, many of the other jobs require qualifications or experience which a lot of people lack. It is bleak. And demoralising too because people are asked if they have been trying to find a job as part of the qualification to receive low benefits – and these people are busting a gut to find work – so they don’t feel comfortable with this ‘check up’ question.
    HPC relevance? No job, no money, no mortgage payment. In fact, they even follow a woman’s enquiry about getting mortgage relief. It turns out that the government is not too clear on what it means but it does seem to mean, in no sense, a writing off of any debt of the applicant.

• japanese uncle says:

A designer for the Great Sahib!? Yet no help from the Sahib. Merciless

Anyway von Daniken?! Is she related to Erich von Däniken, a controversial Swiss author best known for his books which present claims of evidence for extraterrestrial influences on early human culture, most prominently Chariots of the Gods?, published in 1968?

• little professor says:

JU – yes, Samantha von Danicken is Erich von Danicken’s daughter. Explains the nuttiness.

• Sold My Soul To The Never Never Never says:

It is the right property – they show part of the sitting room on the film – the door is slightly ajar and badly painted it is too!

• This is clearly a web set up for slandering a individual pointing at ugly truths about the system.
    How low can you go guys…

• You guys will crash…the karma will hit you like a boomerang….

• We know who you are…