Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Swift change of plan on this one…..

Skipton admits mortgage 'mistake'

Skipton Building Society says an email telling mortgage brokers it would no longer lend to buyers of one bedroom flats was a "mistaken communication". The email was sent out to brokers early on Tuesday afternoon, causing much surprise amongst those who got it. Skipton is the UK's sixth largest building society, with 85 branches. Like many other lenders it will not lend on some newly built city centre flats but said there had been no change to its previous lending policy.

Posted by jack c @ 07:48 PM (1507 views)

26 thoughts on “Swift change of plan on this one…..

• That’s a LTV margin call on one bedroom flats if ever I saw one.

Many one bedroom flats, are by their very nature, recent builds.

• and it won’t get nemo’s sub working either

but that’s another story innit?

• we could be getting close to another Jarrow march

but we haven’t got any effin shipyards with jobs

oh deary me

• 1 Bedroom flats are the sort of thing you are better off renting rather than buying.

• one positive outcome would be if rental values were decimated more than house prices

• what is the big deal about owning your own home any way?

• oops wrong blog! bu&&er !

• flintster1994 says:

Nemo, nemo, nemo, nemo?

Troy i’m sure you have much knowledge to pass on that I could benefit from but….

You are buggin’ ma mince now with this “cryptic babble!”

Please, I don’t mean to come accross agressively but why can’t you just say what you want to in human speak? Please.

• flintster, malct is my aussy cousin

I need an inverter to speak to him

it isn’t easy for me either

he’s up when I’m down

• @flintster1994 – troy’s reference to Nemo goes back to a thread from last year when – it’s unlikely anyone other than myself would remember the debate – come to think of it, I cant either other than if people are going to flee the country with cash you probanly need a submarine to do it !

• flintster1994 says:

Jeeez!

It’s time for me to step away from the….!

Oh well, it was worth a go.

• flintster1994 says:

Cheers Jack,

My brain gets frazzled trying to work out certain posts.

• flintster re “why can’t you just say what you want to in human speak? Please”

the simple answer is censorship.

my cousin malct lost his password access six times – re-instated five times, but unlikely to ever be re-activated now unless phd in littleprofesorshipswearmonger says otherwise.

if I say what I want to say, I will go the same way as my cousin and be unable to contribute anything.

so I drop clues, sometimes a bit obscure, but they are meant to provoke thought. sadly often wasted on 85)(*&709(*&^687)(*(^76985773 as we all know.

blogging here is hard work and very time consuming, if the censorship isn’t relaxed, soon it wwill be pointless.

kindness

malct’s cousin/dog

• troy……..

……………and where exactly are they going to take their cash?

• @troy (aka malcts cousin – LOL) – pretty soon you’ll be able to post on another website unrestricted with the same crew and a titanium captain at the helm

• flintster1994 says:

Troy,

I certainly can’t claim to “get you,” but I shall persevere.

Keep up with all your posts but if you could try to be as understanding as possible when it gets to much for me; I would appreciate that.

p.s Is the Aussi, Malc connection thing real or is that also cryptic?

• troy/malct

Were you given a reason for suspension? (Whisper the answer).

• Trojan
    You are going to be up all night answering this avalanche of questions. If you answer all correctly I have a gift for you in the shape of a horse.

• flintster1994 says:

Will check out the site tomorrow. Thanks.

• flint – I found out 30 years ago, that we all need to ‘discover’ for ourselves. [uncover]

our ecology party group made a library of members’ books that was never used.

now it is much worse, and ‘they’ know that.

• “all the books were critical. But we didn’t have the capcity or inclination to benefit from them.

now it is much worse, and ‘they’ know that.”

Intrigued and opened minded. Thanks. Lets talk soon.

• @19, troy
    “troy is malct”

I’d never have guessed.

“hope that helps before it is reported by lp/[email protected]/pdoffy/twaddle/fish”

I take it I’m [email protected] then? I’ve only ever reported one comment on this site (and have had more than one of my own comments reported and removed) and it wasn’t one of yours malct, so cool your boots man.

• malct, your account was suspended because you overdid it on the kooky NWO conspiracy posts.

They were irritating. No-one is impressed when a conspiracist sporting a tinfoilhat and a camoflage jumpsuit says that the world is going to end. Its when moderates say the world is going to end that people sit up. But the less people listened, the more verbose and loud you seemed to get, almost like a Billy Graham or Ian Paisley figure who thinks they can simply shout their theories into people and that if you shout long and hard enough they will listen. And then they will thank you for your insight and you will be forever more vindicated and admired.

That was why your account was suspended. Oh, and I don’t know that – I’m just guessing. If I was running a forum, I’d ban you. Nothing personal – you’re an intelligent chap malct, you just drown out every else that’s moderate here.

• inflation is eating my savings says:

Troy, I suspect you’re a good sort.

But Mr. Lennon said……………..

But if you go carrying pictures of chairman Mao
    You ain’t going to make it with anyone anyhow

However, it is probably going to be alright! Chill.

• I respect you for your views malct (some of them have even proven right!) and I don’t doubt that you’re a decent sort.

But there’s just so many of them. Posting anything relevant is like pulling a tanker with a sailboat (to use a Head of Risk Management’s overused phrase)

!

• phdinbubbles, paul, inflation is eating my savings, – Thank you for your positive comments. I’ve been cursed/privledged to have studied this stuff from an unusual angle for several years. and although I don’t recollect any “kooky NWO conspiracy posts” I am very much aware of the profound difference between conspiracy theories and conspiracy FACT. None of us can afford to ignore the latter, methinks.

flintster1994, – sorry to be a pain

titaniccaptain – ~~~~~ – my dog that feels better, glad someones happy.

plato – now where’s that horse?