Thursday, February 19, 2009

Lending revival ‘unlikely soon’

Lending revival 'unlikely soon'

A "meaningful revival" in mortgage lending is unrealistic in the coming months as home loan values reach their lowest since April 2001, lenders say *******Does anyone else find the special K advert annoying on this website********

Posted by mark @ 11:08 AM (1188 views)

11 thoughts on “Lending revival ‘unlikely soon’

• yes the special k is annoying!!….very, enough reason for me not to buy any!

• mark –
    Yeah – I find the ketamine advert annoying too.
    I think the headline is true… and the fact that the BoE may print money by unfunded security purchases just means that banks can afford to sit back and wait – thus we will have deflation short term and inflation long term. Well that’s just great isn’t it?!

• mark wadsworth says:

***********yes, I find it very annoying*************

Tee hee, for a second I misread that as “as homes reach their lowest values since 2001”, I guess we’ll have to wait a bit longer for that headline.

• “”The January lending figures are a joke. Enough is enough. It is time for the government to get the gloves off and force the banks to lend,” said Andrew Montlake, partner at independent mortgage broker Cobalt Capital.”

When will these loan salesmen realise that the only reason I will buy is not the fact that I’ve got the money, its the fact I need to think the price will stop FALLING. No amount of “cheap” money will mitigate a fall in property value of what people think could be another 15-20%. In fact, I would argue that ENCOURAGING people to borrow when the liklihood of their investment FALLING is negligence.

• And I was thinking advert was a dig at my fat ankles – the BITCH!

What like the government forced them to reduce lending when the market was going the other way? [email protected]

• I won’t ever buy special K.

My free personal plan towards success is staying out of the housing market.

Do that and you can eat what you want in celebration…

• Get Mozilla Firefox and its ad blocker (free download). You’ll wonder how you ever did without it.

• letthemfall – I have FF & popup blocker on – are you using an add-on too? If so which one? Ta!

• It’s called adblock plus. Works well. Occasionally you have to write short filters for it, but it gets most stuff automatically. Flashblock is another good one.

• new user 2007 says:

“The January lending figures are a joke. Enough is enough. It is time for the government to get the gloves off and force the banks to lend,” said Andrew Montlake, partner at independent mortgage broker Cobalt Capital.”

Excellent. Panic is finally beginning to set in for the VIs? Beats denial!