Friday, January 30, 2009

HELLO. I’m at the World Economic Forum

Brown interrupted by his mobile

Sorry, not really related to crashing house prices but too funny not to post.

Posted by phdinbubbles @ 11:54 AM (1543 views)

13 thoughts on “HELLO. I’m at the World Economic Forum

• Forgiven for being off topic, phdinbubbles! This has made my Friday.

The amusing thing is, he’s incapable of making light of it at all, but just carries on with his speech. A cunning stunt? Or a …

• I like the false laughter from his flunkies – Yes Prime Minister, you are very funny and clever with your witty retort……….not

• Perhaps it was a bank asking for more money!

• “no darling I have not given my shirt to the banks yet, yours is first”

• “Hi Gordon, its the IMF returning your call, How much do you need?”

• it_is_going_with_a_bang says:

It was probably Barrack Obama playing with his Blackberry….

• “Gordon”
    “Yes Sarah darling”
    “I’ve had the bailiffs at the door, they reckon you’ve bankrupted the whole of the UK and they have several thousand creditors who are suing you personally!”
    “Damn!……..(long silence)….. Remember those suitcases we packed in case of emergency, get the security people to put them in the back of the Daimler, grab the kids and get to the private plane we’ve leased as per our Plan B………Oh, and say nothing to your mother!”
    “OK darling, shall I pack the money we put by?”
    “Has it cooled down yet?”
    “Yes, dear, and shall I pack your prozac supplies?

• I can’t believe we have a prime minister who can’t even change his ring tone from the default!

• inflation is eating my savings says:

7. (cr)ash said…

Perhaps he has more important things to think about……..

• I liked the funny lines above, but would the calls have been to advise the PM of yet another UK business going down the plug hole?

People have “just” stopped spending. No new bathrooms, no new block drives, no new cars….The people I know have used the cut in mortgage rate to pay off their mortgage quicker, not on consumer goods.

• Hello Gordon it’s me, teflon Tony here, envoy to the Middle East and the man who handed you the key’s to number 10 – just wanted you to know that my timing was as usual impeccable in getting out before the sh*t hit the fan – nice to see you have your mobile on you as opposed to hurling it around the room shouting obscenities and clunking your fist.

PS there’s no job waiting for you at JP Morgan when Cameron turfs you out.

Have a nice day.

• Could it be Darling phoning a friend from who wants to be a millionaire ?

• alan

i thought they had banned block driveways because of flooding issues………