Tuesday, January 20, 2009

HBOS sued by homeowners over shared appreciation mortgages

Barclays, HBOS sued by homeowners over shared appreciation mortgages

A group of homeowners who claim they were sold unfair shared appreciation mortgages took the first step towards suing their lenders today.

Posted by martin @ 07:09 PM (1022 views)

8 thoughts on “HBOS sued by homeowners over shared appreciation mortgages

• In how many years’ time will we see interest-only mortgagees doing exactly the same?

• I know someone called Paul Martin

• flintster1994 says:

Paul,

Kind of irrelevant. When did the next big financial scandal ever amount to anything? Same old.

Change or the status quo?

• flintster1994 says:

Troy/malc,

I know someone called obscure.

One day, possibly too late. I will know whether you are mad or a genius.

• ah ha flinster1994 at last a sign of genuine brain activity still alive on HPC

now I am going to have to go back through the archives to see how you became so confused.

Little professor and I thought crunchy was malct ~~~ but I’m not the trick cyclist

having said that anyone can monitor this website

Ultimately academic and intellectual efforts will fall short of the mark if the psychological and spiritual are not taken on board

this is why s2r1 , malct and p4ac are still here .

• Tenyearstogetmymoneyback says:

Having seen what happened at Sadly Broke (Bradley Stoke) Bristol
    which had a whole TV program (either Panorama or the Money Program)
    made about it in about 1991, this confirms an earlier suspicion.

This is that when shared Equity Mortgages start being offered by banks or builders it is a
    clear signal that prices are unsustainable and about to crash.

Anyone taking out a shared equity mortgage should make absolutely sure that
    it works both ways and the lender will take their share of the hit when the property
    depreciates.

:- Duncan

Lived down the road from Sadly Broke and knew people who lived there so followed this particular story with interest.

• flintster1994 says:

troy,

malc, crunchy, whatever;

I couldn’t give a flying fc-uk who you are. All that I am interested in is looking a wee bit outside the game. Your posts do this for which i’m grateful. But whats the coded sh~ite all about?

I’m presuming it’s because you cant say what you want here?

Anyway as you can probably gather, I’m “annoyed” about the current system ;but feel castrated!

Damn all I want to do is good things!

• flintster,

I used to spend ages trying to decode people’s messages. However I now realise that some people just like being evasive to make themselves sound interesting. When you dig deeper there’s never anything there.