Wednesday, October 8, 2008

You couldn’t make it up – it’s a topsy turvy world!

Our £1m council house? You just take what you're given

It's not that we wanted this big house - my mum is not happy because she has to clean all of it. The first day we moved in here we got lost because it was so big. The house owned by BTL landlord Ajit Panesar is being rented at double the normal market value of the property. Mr Panesar said: "I can't help it if the law says I should get paid that amount of money."

Posted by enuii @ 10:54 PM (776 views)

8 thoughts on “You couldn’t make it up – it’s a topsy turvy world!

• £12,500 a month !

(puts on V Meldrew voice) “I don’t believe it !”

• Its the landlord that looks like he is pulling a fast one here, if he had said it was £6k rent a month, they would have paid that. Instead he has found out what the maximum he can get away with charging and charged that.

• Markj69 Str05 says:

£170,000 /yr in benefits!!! I’d like to say “I don’t believe it!’ But based on current gov’t track record, it doesn’t supprise me one bit.

How would Iqualify for £170K, I wonder?

• He wouldn’t say “You just take what you’re given” if they were all crammed into a studio bedsit.

• Some of her children are old enough to work! And others will be old enough to look after the remainder. If they moved to Oxford they could get a five bed house, stick the smallest kids in a couple of rooms and pay all their rent themselves!

When my dad was a kid he had to share a damned BED! let alone a room. Then, when he was older and my granddad came back from stopping that mansion from being blown up by the nazis my dad had to look after his younger siblings and do the housekeeping while my granddad worked and my nan worked three jobs.

When I was a boy, my dad told me how hard life can be. So while I’ve been glad I can afford a roof when working 37.5 hrs a week after taking several years of debt to pay for training and even then need to share a small flat – this family trot around the planet looking for the best schools and get paid £170,000 a year (NET worth!) to do nothing for nobody.

It’s utterly, utterly insane and our leaders are incompetents who expect us to trust their bank bailout and fatcat payoff deal.

This council is keeping rents high to keep BTLers afloat in spite of poor business acumen (token HPC comment to keep this ontopic ;o)

• Eternal Sceptic says:

170k benefits, rent 12.5k, pensioners cannot afford to pay their council tax or heat their houses.
    What on earth in happening to the UK?

• Clear example of Council complicity in benefit Fraud. It would be interesting to check business/ family connections between Mr Panesar (the Landlord) and council officials, either in housing or benefits or both. Ealing Council hasn’t got the cleanest record when it comes to Fraudulent activities by its elected members.

• if you knew the half of it you wouldnt believe it anyway…..