Thursday, October 9, 2008

Time to recognise those who got it right, shun the fanestream media.

You Saw It Here First; Economic Crash, Banker Stick-Up Predicted Long Ago

This article catalogues a small sample of the articles where predictions were right on prisonplanet. Of note, Alex Jones predicted the sub-prime crash 2yrs before it was mentioned on the fanestream in his film, Endgame. Its time to say, I told you so, and to follow those who do. Its not smug, because these people don't like being right, they just don't like the sheople following the fanestream media, dragging the prophets with them, kicking and screaming, into the slaughter pens. The bible says, judge them by their fruits. But you'll probably go back the BBC, "Independent" or even Daily Mail for your daily dose of lies. BOYCOTT LIES!!

Posted by planning4acrash @ 10:40 AM (1641 views)

67 thoughts on “Time to recognise those who got it right, shun the fanestream media.

• planning4acrash says:

“The Yuppies who e-mailed us at the start of the year, mocking our pessimistic outlook, are probably a little less jovial today after the Dow dropped another 200 points, adding to the 777 point dive on September 29th and the 875 point collapse at the start of this week.”

• Deep breaths dude :O)

• Eternal Sceptic says:

I think this website has had many bloggers forecasting many of the same things for a long period of time. Though I suspect the speed and intensity of the unravelling has gone further and faster than even the most pessimistic were expecting.

• “Oh, shut up you bore.”

– Respect.

• from the article :-

This compilation is not an attempt to blow our own trumpet and say “we told you so,” we were merely warning about the obvious consequences of what was unfolding as well as shining a light on what the [VI’s] were saying behind closed doors.

It is offered, however, as a reminder of the fact that while the mainstream corporate media were lying to the American people in continually claiming “the economy was strong,” we were pointing out that the foundation of the financial system was crumbling to the ground, leading to the chaos that we see ensuing today.

exactly what are you in denial of pelethar

btw I am NOT a fan of Alex Jones

• planning4acrash says:

Yup. I’m not even suggesting anybody should be a fan of Alex, I’m just saying he’s right.

• Pardon my ignorance but what is a VI?

• Agreed, this blog forecast more, more often, with exquisite clarity, to do with the financial risks afoot, than any place on the web that I know of. What was said on this blog over years was well thought out for the most part and stated clearly, without over dramatising, not particularly focused on conspiracy [as some sites are entirely], but more practically based. Any government with sense could have responded to the recommendations/suggestions being made here. None of them did. Prison Planet talks about everything that is, hard for them to miss.

• Individual posters on hpc were predicting the credit crunch, bank runs, etc. as far back as 2004, backed up with data/analysis from expert economists who didn’t so much ‘predict’ it as make out it was inevitable.

Believers in the Kondratief cycle foresaw a great depression round about now & another one in about 2070-2080.

The mainstream media was bound to deny the forth coming crash, as they always do. The corporate media has vested interests in prolonging the boom, not in precipitating the crash.

• pelethar…………

please can you use some kind of meaningful English. You lower the level of this site faster than house prices are going down.

• @ P4AC, it is the “Yuppies” and their ilke who are profiteering from such an enterprise. Until, we all governments & populations accept that we need one currency, one stockmarket, one commodities market, 5 regional banks following orders from one entity, then we will continue to see the losses. It is therefore important to get ahead of problem. But I’m guessing, that a seizure will occur, there will be deaths of unprecedented levels (as the world population is 6.5 bn), and once a figure has been achieved, then we will see this Maxi-Macro Plan (MMP) being implemented. There is no need to fear this, as it is natural consequence of further human progress. Just make sure you & your family are one of the survivors.

• Oh, I was perhaps not clear – I was talking about the HPC blog as a more accurate predictor of the catastrophe, not PP – which is entirely conspiracy based and goes on about every topic that exists, unlike the practical approach of most HPC bloggers and the focus here on finances, banking and the consequences to housing.

• last_days_of_disco says:

I think the most accurate and sensible forecaster of the lot who has the advantage of being totally mainstream is our good friend Bob Prechter.

That dude has written good solid books, full of facts and figures for years and years. He has even predicted the rise of the psycho prophets of doom into the bargain. Read chapter 22 of his book, “How to survive a deflationary depression”. This was written years ago.

For these numbskulls to suddenly jump up and down and say, “I told you so”, is typical of their ilk. They have poor manners and are probably badly dressed into the bargain. Additionally Robert Prechter was explaining why things had to happen long before these guys did.

ok, enough conspiraloon baiting for one day.

• theboltonfury says:

can I just say it’s not genius to have predicted what happened. Those doing it knew it would happen and carried on thru greed

one day there will be a nuke in the Middle East – a prediction that will come true – I’m not exactly sticking my neck out though am I, doesn’t make me insightful

• Pelethar

You’re jumping on the sentiment of others and the best you have to offer is “shut up you bore”

I sometimes agree with others that the conspiracy and end of world theories are too much on this site but however frustrating they can be I’ve never read anything as pathetic (from them) as “shut up you bore”

Comments like that just place these conspiracy theorists in a better light, which actually sometimes they deserve…

• Eh? Why do I have to be in denial of anything? I’m just completely bored of this relentless flow of cruddy articles which would be much more at home on a different website.

Six months ago or so I said repeatedly on here that there was a danger that the deluge of articles being posted by the usual suspects (planning4acrash, malct, sold2rent1, lvmreader et al) would lead to lots of intelligent, informed posters leaving the website. And it’s come true. Anyone who was around 6 months or a year ago has watched this site go from being the best place on the web to go for news items on house prices, and informed discussions around the issues, to a shadow of its former self, riddled by conspiracy theorists, 9/11 deniers and economic lunatics.

Still, you reap what you sow. Sooner or later the last of the decent community which once existed here will leave in despair and you crowd will have the site to yourselves. Maybe then you’ll reflect on why you couldn’t just have decamped to one of the thousands of sites set up by and for people like you, and left the rest of us to enjoy this one.

• Watchman – I tried over a long period of time to engage these people in intelligent debate on this subject. If I’m curt now it’s because I’m at my wits’ end.

Still, I can see I’m obviously in the minority so I’ll leave it alone.

• theboltonfury says:

plato – if it bores him he’s entitled to say so. You scorn him for having a negaitive opinion on a poster and then do the same thing yourself to him.

i don’t think freedom of speech has ever been a problem on this site judging by some the ‘out-there’ views. Infact I think it’s incredibly tolerant to the select view that seem to post nearly all the articles these days

• Pelethar – it’s the rise of the morons. They’re no different to those who unwittingly ‘thought’ house prices would go up for ever – two sides of the same coin.

• Pelethar

Absolutely fair point and I want to hear your voice as much as theirs, but by the nature this site has been for years predicting what is to come in the way of a house price crash and is tightly linked with the economy and then to the government, and the links between houses, economy and government are just getting stronger and stronger still

Problem is that these are peoples’ thoughts and ideas, and housepricecash.co.uk forums want people to share their thoughts that relate to hpc so wouldn’t it be wrong to stop people posting government conspiracy-related ideas on a speculative website that promotes people posting their thoughts on anything related with house price because the links are there..?

I can feel your frustration though…

• theboltonfury @12.25

plato made his point politely, whereas pelethar was being openly offensive

pelethar – anyone who has read what you say above and then looks over the artciles posted today and the last week or so together with the wealth of comments and information on offer, will wonder what on earth you are going on about.

I think your concern is unjustified.

• pelethar

That’s much better, you now make your points (appreciate you have in the past,) Why not just ignore after so long?
    On the point of ‘best place on the web’. In it’s field it still is without doubt. I have to agree wholeheartedly with watchman. You see it is very difficult to lean against reasoning with only opinion as a weapon. We all know there is more than meets the eye here so all reasoning theories have to available to form this opinion.

• Actually Pelethar, I thought your comment was quite appropriate and to the point under the circumstances. Those of us who have been around for a while have realised the futility of rational debate with the tinfoil hat brigade and have been reduced to poking fun where the opportunity presents itself (which it does with monotonous regularity). In this respect, they do provide a useful service as a bit of fun tends to lighten our day.

Hmmm – I haven’t heard anything about HARRP earthquake machines, water powered cars or dark matter free energy today yet. I suppose there is still plenty of time!!!

• bolton………..

no sense in defendeng the indefensible.

• theboltonfury says:

fine. let’s just all play by the same rules.

• You’re right plato, ignoring is the only way to go, but for some reason this article really riled me. I just think it’s a real shame what’s happened to the site. And yes I agree the site still has some value but it’s eroding fast.

• from one of the earlier articles quoted above

Paul Joseph Watson & Alex Jones
    Prison Planet
    Friday, December 1, 2006

Home prices have dropped 24% in the last year and most of that fall has happened in the last six months. The dollar has devalued around 35% against its level six years ago and is being trounced by the Euro and Sterling.

A false impression of a rosy economy is being spun with the rise of the stock market. Former fed chief Alan Greenspan’s doubling of the money supply and Bernanke’s promise that the money supply will be doubled again leads to only one outcome. Common sense tells us that a dollar sink is inevitable and if the housing market isn’t the place to put all these devalued dollars then that excess will chase the stock market. Taking into consideration the devalued dollar, the stock market is really at about 6,000 – not 12,000.

All the real indices of financial health tell us that the economy is in the toilet.

————————

can’t see what’s wrong with that !

• 20. p. doff said…

• pelethar……

You have my respect. Understand your concern,but I like to listen to everything I can if the opportunity is there. In all honesty I am actually more interested in recognising the Good in people after many years of my being a more ruthless soul myself. I have simply evolved past that stage.

• [email protected]
    “Sooner or later the last of the decent community which once existed here will leave in despair and you crowd will have the site to yourselves”
    Delusions of grandeur me thinks.So you are the spokesperson for the “decent community”.who ever they are? Is it yourself and pdoff or are there others?

I love the many relevent posts that S2r1,p4ac, ivmreader etc have submitted on the news blog over the last 2years.
    I think you will find that they where posting stuff about the collapsing of the debt/credit bubble, probably 18 months ago and warning of a financial crisis like the great depression of the 30’s.
    And look where we found ourselves now.
    Thanks guys you have certainly educated me and many others i suspect.

• I’m not a spokesman for anything, just stating my opinion.

• And I feel that the tinfoil hat brigade are in danger of talking themselves into believing their nonsense, and in my humble opinion a bit of rational balance doesn’t go amiss.

• Suppose you can have a website which is representative of the variety of opinions on the subject or you can just stick to footnoted academics and pretend there’s some science here when there isn’t. A lot of the best ideas put forward are simply common sense and the experience of people who’ve worked in business for years. Presumably there are all sorts of people also reading here remember, who might appreciate hearing all points of view. Whether you agree, or not, David Icke draws a huge audience. And, frankly, some of the high-minded pontifications are just as obnoxious as the most vague conspiracy theory. Different strokes for different folks. I agree with those who have the sense it is all connected somewhere and that the focus in the UK on so-called “science” is just as false as guessing.

• indiablue19 said “it is all connected somewhere and that the focus in the UK on so-called “science” is just as false as guessing.”
    despite what p.off says above, I’m pretty sure I’ve never commented on water powered cars, HAARP (although I could) or dark matter.

The problem with control of science in the wrong hands is much more mundane. Take the text extract below for example where bought and paid for scientists argue the case against implementing basic health and safety guidelines for hospital staff.

Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) and
    Electromagnetic Fields (EMF)
    Georg Frese, Hans Engels
    Introduction
    The European Parliament and the Council of the European Union have published a
    draft directive on the minimum health and safety requirements regarding the exposure
    of workers to the risks arising from electromagnetic fields and waves.
    These limitations for workers, especially those for static magnetic fields, given in the
    draft directive make the operation of MR scanners in the hospital environment
    virtually impossible, because the MR operators in the hospital would no longer be
    allowed to position the patient in the scanner in an effective way.

Conclusion
    In view of the practical experience up to now, the large installed base for MR
    scanners at present, the importance of the diagnostic capabilities of these MR
    scanners for the health care and the weak scientific base for the proposed limiting
    values, it seems unrealistic and not in the interest of the patients to impose the
    requirements in the draft directive to medical equipment and MR scanners in
    particular. http://www.magres.nottingham.ac.uk/safety/eu/Frese_text.pdf

• Pelethar – don’t you think it’s even mildly noticeable that what has been denied by the elected authorities and activel promoted by them, while it was disparaged by the conspiracy theorists – is turning out to be fact? Regardless of who says it?

• [email protected]

I’m merely suggesting that economics is not a science, just as sociology, psychology are often referred to as “pseudo-scientific.” The suggestion is, if you can’t quantify with some form of mathematics, it virtually doesn’t exist. Therefore, graphs and etc., to discuss the HPC, or possiblity of one. In fact, it is psychological factors which appear to be severely impeding the market — that is TRUST — even when the numbers are there, and the money is being “infused” as we speak. And yet, the factor the conspiracy theorists have highlighted for years is what’s really in short supply — TRUST. These things are all connected. And as the crisis has gotten nearer and then exploded the conspiracy theorists have seen what they predicted blossom in all it’s glory, because their theories are about lack of trust, lack of control by the electorate and elected leaders. And they are right. There are no mathematics, nor any graphs, to describe the phenomenon.

• indiablue19 @ 3.03 exactly the point I was making in a roundabout non controversal way.

There is however one very simple fact that has more influence on what has happened/is happening than anything else.

It is so big it is like a herd of elephants in the room, so ridiculous it can’t possibly be true – but it is.

For well over 300 years in Britain, when the banks have created interest baring money out of nothing, they have not and do not ‘create’ the interest. The interest is continually extracted from ‘our’, common ‘wealth’. Take the latest £50bn, we will be paying interest on that loan. All money (almost) has to be loaned into existance, so unless we also borrow the interest, where else will it come from? This is why all nations struggle, some more than others.

The decision not to create interest is not mathematical in itself, but the mathematical consequences are probably beyond measurement anyway.

• Well, I just don’t agree with that at all actually indiablue. What’s happening now was widely predicted on this site, but by the majority of posters, not by the conspiracy theorists. Many of their predictions have been way off – by now we were supposed to have seen gold increase in value tenfold, the end of fiat currencies worldwide, oil at $5 a barrel, etc etc etc – and all be sitting in our attics in crash helmets eating cold beans out of the tin.

Now I do agree with you that you can’t predict macroeconomic behaviour using maths – it’s far too complex, like the weather. But that doesn’t mean you can predict them using the mayan calendar.

• Pelethar – there have also been some theorists citing conspiratorial tendencies of the financial crash which are far less exotic than you are describing. These are positing ideas of supra-national groups who are controlling what happens to local monies and our banks. They also suggested that we would have martial law declared and that has already happened with the passing of the “bailout” bill in the United States. There wasn’t due process and procedure there at all and the Congress voted under the pressure of martial law. These are the kinds of things affecting decisions being made, with agendae that have appeared to be in the wings developing over years, that border on treasonous behavior by our officials. These types of problems need to be looked at within the context of any financial crash and it’s causes. And we are seeing the duplicitousness of bankers who sold out their communities and now are partying abroad. If this isn’t conspiratorial – what is?

• We’re never going to agree on this – martial law had nothing to do with any of it – but I can see where you’re coming from at least.

I was in the US for a few weeks recently and saw all the coverage of Paulson and Bernanke’s questioning, plus the first (rejected) Congress vote. I can’t agree that there was no due process, in fact they put our own limp representatives to shame, ripping apart Paulson and Bernanke and their original plan with vigour. Yes, they passed the thing in the end – which was a shame – but the weight of political pressure made that inevitable.

• pelethar re martial law had nothing to do with any of it

indiablue19 may have been refering to Congressman Sherman’s broadly published statement :-

October 2, 2008, U.S. House of Representatives. Congressman Brad Sherman [D-CA] asks:

“But why are we bailing out the Bank of China? Why are we bailing out the Saudi royal family?…

The only way they can pass this bill is by creating and by sustaining a panic atmosphere…

A few Members were even told that there would be martial law in America if we voted “no.”

video with transcript

• pelethar it may also have something to do with this :-

Thousands of Troops Are Deployed on U.S. Streets Ready to Carry Out “Crowd Control”

Members of Congress were told they could face martial law if they didn’t pass the bailout bill. This will not be the last time.

By Naomi Wolf

08/10/08 “AlterNet” — Background: the First Brigade of the Third Infantry Division, three to four thousand soldiers, has been deployed in the United States as of October 1. Their stated mission is the form of crowd control they practiced in Iraq, subduing “unruly individuals,” and the management of a national emergency. I am in Seattle and heard from the brother of one of the soldiers that they are engaged in exercises now. Amy Goodman reported that an Army spokesperson confirmed that they will have access to lethal and non lethal crowd control technologies and tanks.

George Bush struck down Posse Comitatus, thus making it legal for military to patrol the U.S. He has also legally established that in the “War on Terror,” the U.S. is at war around the globe and thus the whole world is a battlefield. Thus the U.S. is also a battlefield.

• One statement by one congressman, plus what a few members were told, does not equal “that’s the reason it happened”. Everyone was asking “what if we don’t do this” and the answers were always apocalyptic. I’m not in the least surprised that martial law was mentioned as a possible outcome, because virtually everything else was. By far the most common theme was total economic meltdown – this was bought by the leadership of both parties in the US (and the two presidential candidates) which led to a critical mass of political support for the bill.

• Pelethar – it’s what’s not on the television sometimes that makes the difference in deciding whether a conspiracy exists:

Was this not fearmongering of a vast proportion considering this has never been used except when the President [Lincoln] and his successors were assassinated?

• Well, that’s a different question – yes it absolutely was fearmongering on a disgraceful scale, which has been second nature to the Bush administration since 9/11. They sussed out ages ago that this is the way to get the American public to agree to anything. I don’t see this as evidence of a “conspiracy” in the way that our friends on this site would define it, but certainly there has been a co-ordinated effort for a number of years now by the Right wing in the US in particular to push through legislation by making people feel afraid for the consequences if they don’t.

• [email protected] 42 – absolutely. And this is incitement, and is against the law if someone is being pressured to perform an unlawful act through this behavior. Which is treason and conspiracy if you’re in government. So this is how I am defining the issue of whether we are faced with conspiracy or experiencing a due process. And if lawmakers who are elected by us are frightened, then I’m on alert, and have been for quite a while now. I think we have to separate that alertness about duplicitous activity from those people who think they are getting signals from outerspace. Because one is in fact pointing to outright conspiracy, and the other is exotic postulation of a different type.

Yes, [email protected] – I think we all are really more agreed than we may have thought at the start. Not every form of alternative or unquantifiable theory proposed here is a conspiracy theory, some are other types of unusual and apocolyptic perhaps. And in my mind conspiracy is certainly afoot – without question. According to the legal definition. A good laugh, why not? Considering the alternatives.

• On the subject of fearmongering to pass emergency powers, just noticed this:

The UK has used terrorism laws to freeze the assets of one of the icelandic banks over here so it can try and get some cash out of it. Surely that’s not the spirit in which that law was passed.

• To those who think the site has gone down hill and dont appreciate the contribution of the so called tin foil hat bregade:

We all come here to post or comment for a reason. Presumably we all feel that contributing to the site is a worthwhile use of our time. We all have that in common. A small shift in view point can lead to a very different picture and I’d like to think that the viewpoints expressed here can eventually find some common ground with a little open mindedness and introspection.

We are each potentially at risk from cognitive bias and other downfalls of the human condition (You’ll never really know the truth as you can only see from a subjective perspective and so on… You cant see your own head etc). If you think its OK to ridicule the opinion of others or pigeonhole people as ” the tin foil hat bregade” or “conspiracy theorists” then that indicates that you are suffering from this more than others… perhaps that is where your ridicule comes from? I thinks its the worst form of humor!

malct, for example is a pretty rational chap and its vital that we are all aware of the implications of what hes saying IMO. p4ac might be viewed as a little over zealous at times but his motives say it all. Bearing their view in mind is the important thing here. The concepts presented by S2R1, for example, might sound eccentric (and some are way out there!!) but some do have some value if you only choose to take the time to pay attention to the info he sites and form your own metaphysical view.

We can argue the details and evidence but can we all agree that things are very wrong in the world and the majority of individuals need to somehow grow up and realise how they play their part? From one view you could say that this is indeed about the evolution of consciousness. Another view might say that this is just the way it is and the way it will always be – human nature etc. To me though the trend is obvious.

Whatever the reality I think its most important to go into this from a strong philosophical position.

Bill Hicks http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q95kX_EP2Nk

The outlook for the years ahead might well seem grim and at times inevitably will be (for us at least as we are accustiomed to the easy life) but to be honest when viewed as a whole I think the picture is anything but grim.

• 44. indiablue19 said…”I think we have to separate that alertness about duplicitous activity from those people who think they are getting signals from outerspace”.

Precisely. And if some people want to believe their more imaginative theories then that is their right. I have the choice of researching what they say (which I generally do, together with the contrary debunking view) if I wish, and then form my own opinion. I may end up with the wrong conclusion – but that is my problem.

My objection starts when the same individuals keep posting, or referring to, the same wild (IMHO) theories over and over again, ad-nauseum, as if on some form of crusade. It is as welcome as the religious fanatic who knocks on your door and tries to convert you to their way of thinking. I don’t want to sound smug, but I’m happy with my religion (or lack of it) and I don’t want somebody telling me what to believe.

I know all I wish to know about earthquake machines, water powered cars, 9/11 truth, perpetual energy, camouflaged oil lakes, magic monatomic gold from an alternative universe, Mayan Calendar, Bilderburg, Chemtrails, deliberate poisoning of the masses by the illuminati – need I continue. I was mildly interested the first time they were mentioned and so did the appropriate research. I’ve moved on now and so don’t need to be spammed with it every bleedin’ day. There may be a place for the more way out stuff, but it aint on this website.

Sorry for butting in BTW

• p.doff – don’t you realise the very staus quo you are hanging on to which you believe is your own product is an externally conditioned one – set yourself free.

• p.duff @47 Sorry for butting in BTW

No offense taken.

Crutchley said…..

The difference to me C., is that the Congressmen felt they were being “threatened,” they represent the American people, and that is wrong.

Unplugged @ 46…. yes i find most of what these people of an eccentric bent quite interesting. Not every minute perhaps, but on the whole, and think their motives of the best sort.

Perhaps the analytic is what many would wish to hear right now. But I don’t think it’s really possible to accurately analyse what is happening, of all times. There seems no rational explanation at all and one theory is as good as another. Even at ground zero where the whole thing detonated, they have no idea of the fallout yet. I’ve just spoken to relatives in the USA and they say the atmosphere is “surreal” and the country coming apart. They are trying to prepare for “anything.”

• p. doff

Good points at 47.

IMHO there is a place here for the wild theories. This site seems a little more than just a HPC analysis site. Plus you cant meaningfully discuss related issues in isolation. Posters do however need to excercise restraint to avoid switching people off. Take one look at Ickes or Jones’ site and it just a bombardments of disorganised information. No coherance. If these people really felt they had to wake the masses up or whatever they would take a gently gently approach and attemt to paint a coherant picture – IMHO.

One more thing p.doff. Have you viewed any of the stuff from Alan Watt? He seems far more coherant to me. He seems to have a thorough historical knowledge and sticks to the point. I know this might all seem like a waste of your time but IMO this is a far more sober view.

And you might want to take the time to watch addendum also.

• malct

wrong link at 43 I suspect.

• indiablue19 @49

Yes I agree… I was just highlighting something related to the whole political fearmongering martial law/emergency powers that have been implemented over the last few years. It has nothing to do with conspiracy theories (most of which, after much personal rational research, I have filed under ‘B’ in my brain), it’s happened very clearly in front of everyone’s eyes.

• unplugged – great to have you around, feel good you felt it worth commenting.

yes you are right about wrong link

keyboard neglect (contrl c) disfunction – thank you – I thought the response to my experiment was a tad weak.

try this

many vulnerable people hoping for a better world think something big is about to happen on Tuesday

this is a financial take off of the real thing – no apologies to anybody – it is funny

indiablue19 – p.duff is much more entertaining than p.doff

• indiablue19

I think it is America that needs to wake up if anywhere does, perhaps what you say is true nation wide. I’m meeting up with a few freinds from the states this weekend as it goes. I’ll be interested to get their views.

For many including myself this wont be easy I’m sure. I strongly doubt that this is going to blow over as it did in the early 90s. But I think what may come out of it will be good. I know there is so ittle time nowadays and that we are overwhelmed with information but try and make time to watch The Mayan Calendar Comes North on google video – if youve not seen it already. From 2003 the guy is eccentric and makes some far out and predictions. I dont totally agree but I think it contains some important concepts to consider. A fresh perspective.

• Unplugged said…………For many including myself this wont be easy I’m sure. I strongly doubt that this is going to blow over as it did in the early 90s. But I think what may come out of it will be good.

I think you are spot on here. There is a sense of inevitability in all this, the “surreal” feature my relatives describe, in which events are moving on their own. That this was seen coming by so many and completely ignored by all in authority who could have acted seems instructive somehow. I realise some here aren’t religious, but I had just said to a relative that it feels like confronting Judas Iscariot the night before the Crucifixion to try to effect events at all. Would it have made a difference to the future if someone had? It seems to have been fated, inevitable.

Anyway, whatever the metaphor, I have very mixed emotions. The world seems about to blossom into something new and better, more adult with fewer of the measly minds in charge. Because, honestly, no matter what the plot may be, this tragedy now has a life of its own and nobody is going to hang onto the tail of this tiger. And I think the good resolution will be available only after the truth emerges, after a painful period for us all. That is what I visualise, that the outcome must be an improvement, although I’m very angry about the way people have been trod on to get here. Well, have just re-read what i’ve said, and it sounds nearly clear as mud………

Thanks for the link, very interested to have a look.

• malct @53…….hahahaha……sorry p.doff…..the comic relief anyway.

• Cheers malct. Nice to be appreciated. The feeling is mutual. We live in interesting times!

• indiablue19 if I could give out medals, you would have them all

• indiablue19

The link ties in with what you’ve said as does Mckenna timewave zero theory. The overall idea is worth consideration at the very least IMO.

As I’ve said I think it is important to keep ourselves philosophically grounded. Though that requires a lot of thinking time and effort. People whos lives revolve mostly around TV and material pleasures neglect that side of life and will struggle all the more as they will perhaps be confused and have the potential to suffer as they lose material possessions etc.

Alan Watts (not Watt) world view is worth a look IMO.

Personally I have been encoraging freinds to have a think and pointing them towards info. Hoping to gently ‘wake’ them if you like. I try to avoid anything too heavy though. I know how others here feel when they talk of lonelyness… but its not supposed to be easy if you ask me. A view I came across recently and share is that we have to experience all emotions to become properly human.

Take care gotta go.

• 58. malct said…
    indiablue19 if I could give out medals, you would have them all

Thursday, October 9, 2008 07:01PM

no I wouldn’t – unplugged came back from the dead

and Jack c, mark, alan and many more moderates – oh my dog I sound like an effin thingybob

• Malct. You are turning into Robert Preston again. Enigma machine personified.

• 61. p. doff said…
    Malct. You are turning into Robert Preston again. Enigma machine personified.

Thursday, October 9, 2008 07:26PM Report Comment

========================

wtf is robert preston ?

and what do you mean again?

I was trying to acknowledge the work that two people (and more) have done to build bridges

oh f****, last time I said that the whole thread got pulled !

ifapifap – in for a penny in for a pound

gardennetting missed this but may be able to advise on propagation in the spring

apparently potatoes don’t have an immune system.

ps – if you under 30’s think you are smart, you have a lot to learn.
    p4ac included

now there’s a thing

• sorry folks, just trying to stear this post away from the abyss

effin waste of time

• 62. malct said…
    ”wtf is robert preston ? and what do you mean again?”

BBC business editor. Has a reputation for sometimes speaking in a way that is difficult to understand. Enigma machine converts words into code – making it difficult to understand. Your comment – difficult to understand.

Getit?