Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Telling it How it Is, banks have a solvency crisis

The Origin of Financial Crises

BBC just interviewed George Cooper (see article) a hedge fund manager who told the world that British Banks, Global Banks even don't have a liquidity crisis THEY HAVE A SOLVENCY CRISIS. Dr. George Cooper is a principal of Alignment Investors a division of BlueCrest Capital Management Ltd. He was born in Sunderland and studied at Durham University. George has worked as a fund manager at Goldman Sachs and as strategist for Deutsche Bank and JPMorgan. He lives in London with his wife and two children.

Posted by malct @ 02:00 PM (677 views)

9 thoughts on “Telling it How it Is, banks have a solvency crisis

• You have posted an advertisement for a book malct….I’m not commenting on a friggin book ad.

Is that a HPC first ?

• Nooneo – understand your concern but that’s not what was intended.

I saw and heard Cooper being interviewed live on BBC news – what he said is in my description box above – that is NEWS.

At the time the BBC didn’t have a news item covering this – as far as I can see they still haven’t.

The issue of whether banks have one or the other problem iscritical to understanding what is really happening to our money.

I felt that using the info on the book info page was justified and helped to explain his involvement and position

Incidentally his book is “The Origin of Financial Crises ” – he blamed the FED and the Bank of England openly, seems to have a strong relevance this week and I’m not on commission. In fact until he popped up on tele I had no idea he existed.

btw you just did and I doubt it very much. lol

• mayor of new york on TV interview has just told the world the banks aren’t insolvent, they have a liquidity crisis.

don’t know if he has written a book and I’m not going to look

• BBC news just interviewed a bloke called Nick (0.5% cut isin’t enough) Leeson

wonder if he has written a book

• Sky News just interviewed and optimistic businessman (construction) who’s making a load out of social housing, he called for a 1% cut in interest rates today.

They didn’t say whether or not he had written a book

• Sky jus interviewed George Osborne

he’s right behind the chancellor and the PM

“We can’t afford to let the banks fail” that’s what the man said

he should write a book

here’s the title “Wealth Extraction 2008”

• I’m writing a book……

“Brother can you spare a dime….”
    The art of begging in an insolvent world

• malct – this guy thinks that central banks are merely misguided. I thought you thought that they were a tool of financial elites.

• icarus – very true

I was ‘reporting’ what he said

not ‘supporting’ what he said

It was refreshing to hear the fed and boe being blamed and the banks being described as insolvent on msm

Like I said I’ve never heard of the bloke.