Friday, October 24, 2008

My nomination for Quote of the Day

Recession: just how bad can it really get?

Chancellor Alistair Darling said: “I’ve lived through the recessions this country saw in the 1970s, 80s and 90s. The difference is this time we are determined to do everything we can and as soon as we can to help people so that if they lose their jobs they can get back into work.”

Posted by gardeniadotnet @ 11:28 PM (1129 views)

6 thoughts on “My nomination for Quote of the Day

• gardeniadotnet says:

Today’s Drama Queen award goes to Charlie Bean, Deputy Governor of the Bank of England, for his soliloquy entitled ‘Wise after the Event.’ …

“This is a once-in-a-lifetime crisis and possibly the largest financial crisis of its kind in human history.In terms of the impact on the real economy we are still in early days.”

• Almost all is tolerable with the sweet smell of caffine. I find. Particularly at this hour.

• I like the way that Darling seems to think that he can achieve what all his predecessors in previous recessions failed to achieve ie preventing job losses and bankruptcies and general misery. In fact he seems to imply that in the past politicians didn’t care very much and did nothing! Whereas he can change the economic weather. Well he will be sadly mistaken if he thinks that there is anything much that he can do other than tinker around the edges.

• goweresque, it goes to prove that he is a fool, all fools believe they are much more intelligent, able and wiser than their predecessors.

• “The difference is this time we are determined to do everything we can”. That will make the depression last longer.

• Psalm 23. Yea though I wade through the shadow of the valley of Dept, I fear not my God: Money.

Some weeks back, I jokingly said it would be the day after the 23rd Oct. Someone replied its a long time to the 24th, I will see you then?

Ego inflated Brown and Darling have mortgaged our youth, children and the unborn way back into the future.