Monday, October 20, 2008

I’m starting to feel sorry for estate agens (except Foxtons)

How are estate agents surviving?

"We've resorted to buying cheaper teabags and coffee because the situation is that difficult." "I'm even considering getting a job stacking shelves at Tesco to get some extra cash." How can you not feel for these people? Sitting in empty offices all day, pretending to work and look interested in their computers :-(

Posted by doom&gloom @ 11:38 AM (904 views)

6 thoughts on “I’m starting to feel sorry for estate agens (except Foxtons)

• I do feel sory for the EA staff as they are just working a job like the rest of us and have been caught up in the situation, i dont feel sorry for the EAs themselves as business owners, its their greed that has driven the market to the crazy situation it is now, you could really say they have been party to their own demise.

• ”Some agents are fighting back and one chain in south-west London is reported to have abolished its fees on any sale before the end of the year”.

Yes that should help ease their financial woes no end.

I guess they’re not giving much away as none are likely to sell before Christmas.

• Any estate agent who hasn’t changed careers yet is an idiot.

• Great comment below the article!

“What makes Lesley Gauder so sure she will be able to get a job in Tesco? I have a friend who is struggling to find a part time job in retail!
    Julie W, Wolverhampton, UK “

• dohousescrashinthewoods says:

In my darker moments, I’d say stacking shelves in Tesco is a decent sideways move.

• I stack shelves in Tesco.

I’m thinking of becoming an Independant Financial Advisor to supplement my income.