Thursday, October 2, 2008

Fionnuala Earley on SKY NEWS

Fionnuala Earley on SKY NEWS

Watch Fionnuala Earley Chief Guesstimator at the Nationwide on SKY News.

Posted by crown @ 04:19 PM (2513 views)

12 thoughts on “Fionnuala Earley on SKY NEWS

• Incredible, she says that they never saw this coming – I mean what the Hell does she actually do for Nationwide then? I’m seriously tempted to ring HR and ask for her job, in fact most people on this site should.

• Re: Application to be Nationwide’s Chief Economist.

Hello,
    I would like to apply for Fionnuala Earley’s position as chief economist. Whilst I have no formal qualifications as an Economist, it appears that this is no barrier to knowing and understanding the market, as I have correctly called the housing market’s deterioration and magnitude as well as rate on a number of occasions during the last 12 months. Moreover, I was fully aware of this ‘house of cards’ since the early 2000s. Therefore, I believe my skills and insight would have provided Nationwide with a level of market intelligence, insight and leadership that would have directly impacted its brand and revenues most favourably.
    Nationwide’s incumbent Economist, judging by her interviews (most noticeably on Sky today), seems to be totally out of touch with reality and is therefore, a potential liability. Thank goodness I’m not a stockholder.
    Yours sincerely,
    Nick Adams.
    PS – in the event I’m not invited in for an interview, could I suggest, that as a matter of urgency Ms. Earley ‘bones-up’ on market reality through housepricecrash.co.uk
    She has a lot to get up to speed with.

• The earley bird ain’t cutting it as an overpaid economist. She’s a charlatan. And if they brought back capital punishment she should hang. For conspiring in inflationary house prices that are now affecting the families or the United Kingdom, especially our children. Her maternal instincts are as misdirected as Mrs T.

• hehe

• matt_the_hat says:

The problem with being a forecaster is that you have to keep forecasting even when as Fionalauuuula knows she is talking tripe – when will these forecaster/predictor positions be banned from in the business world.

• yorkshireman says:

Layers – very well put. You miss out one pre-requisite, which I am certain does not apply to you. The position requires a long snout which can be pushed well and truly down into the trough.

• Why does fionnula continue to make these pathetic attempts to convince people that housing is a good investment? Is HBOS still trying to convince people to speculate in property? Haven’t they learned their lesson yet?

• mark wadsworth says:

Layers, nice try, but I’d reject that application on the basis that Nationwide is a building society and thus has no stockholders or shareholders, it has members. Do your homework!

• The last they they need is someone who would give a true and accurate picture of the situation – it would crash the market at an even faster and unprecedented rate. It will be interesting to see what bull***t they come up with when we get into the third consequtive year of declining prices !

• I dare say that the invites to TV may be going down quicker than the average house price. After a while noone will want to talk about property (thank God) and the shallowness and vanity of it all will be a little exposed. Hmm time to get into gardening and growing your own vegetables everyone.

Matt -did you know Fionnuala is a common irish name meaning fair shoulder. I couldn’t bear it when you made fun of that lovely name shame on you but I forgive ya.

• 8 – Mark M – I know it’s a building society – just rushed out the email as I was busy and didn’t quite get my point across!
    6 – Yorkshireman: Quite 😉 And I have a conscience so it’d be hard to get lying!

• As a relative of Fionnuala Earley, I can assure you that none of you are qualified to fill her shoes, she is a talented, dedicated and highly qualified individual. So there…. :-p