Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Where are the September numbers from Nationwide?

House Price Index

It's the last business day of the month, so where are the Nationwide house price index numbers for September? This data always comes out before the end of the month. What's going on here then?

Posted by ana lytics @ 11:48 AM (2371 views)

23 thoughts on “Where are the September numbers from Nationwide?

• They are due out on Thursday

• Quite agree. Much as I like reading about general economic armagedon I was looking forward to another installment from the Nationwide!

• Checking, Double-checking and Triple-checking the -5% number no doubt!!

• probably they’re wating for the next BoE meeting…

• It takes time to fudge these figures into a more palatable format…!!

• I reckon they have other things to worry about. With so few transactions the statistics are not really reliable…

• They are scheduled for Thursday @ 7am

• This month they’ll be releasing the report via Youtube. It’ll be footage of someone waving a white flag.

• More to the point maddison – with so few transactions they can’t possibly blame being busy for a delay in the release of the figures.

With so few transactions, the only transactions going through will be next-time-buyers (home movers) and extremely wealthy people who don’t acre. Both of which should artificially increase the house price, so really for accuracy they should be revising downwards.

• I wonder whether this will be the month that they cease trotting out the optimistic drivel about underlying demand, low interest rates and assorted inanities.

• holding out @ 5

thursday 7am? wow. that’s late! did you get this from the financial calendar website that i forget the name of? can you send the link around (again) – sorry, i forgot to save it to my favourites last time. much obliged.

• ana – I get it from Forexfactory In fairness it was set for Thursday last week as well.

• oohhh its exciting isn’t it!!!!!!!!!!……….

• wiltshire @ 8 said…

“This month they’ll be releasing the report via Youtube. It’ll be footage of someone waving a white flag.” – Hilarious, That’s the best larf I’ve had in the last 24 hours. Busy doing my tax. Great, got to give HM government me money so they can buy crook banks.

Still, as I don’t own a property I’m not seeing it’s value fall back to edwardian levels !

• It’s their quarterly report this time which should be even more interesting.

• many thanks holding out – have saved the link in my favourites now.

strange they have changed to BD2 this month, I checked the press release dates for the last 12 months and this is the first time they have strayed out to BD2 in that period.

• I reckon these figures need to be taken with a pinch of salt anyway. Bearing in mind they seasonally adjust and mix adjust them to iron out all the oddities, how the hell are they going to account for what’s going on in the market now? I’ve no doubt that they will come up with the usual -1.9% figure but frankly I don’t believe it.

• agreed timmy, but as long as the media and the masses believe it – that’s all that matters in my book…………

you can look at the non-seasonally adjusted (nsa) data too to get a clearer picture of what’s happening……….

• To me, this stinks.

• doomwatch @ 19

what stinks? have you dropped one? or are you inferring that Nationwide are stalling for some reason?

• I smell a team GB embargo

• The Gardener says:

Still no Nationwide index release, lowest stock by estate agents for 18 months posted by Rightmove, i think Nationwide are waiting for full month figures due to low sales this month so as to avoid market distortion. Developers raising prices taking advantage of low stock & high demand, someone’s going to get their fingers burnt.

• Date issued: 25 Sep 2009

NATIONWIDE BUILDING SOCIETY – SEPTEMBER AND THIRD QUARTER HOUSE PRICES 2009

Nationwide Building Society’s Monthly and Third Quarter Housing Reviews for 2009 will be issued at – 7.00AM on Friday 2 October 2009.

Requests for interviews (in person or via ISDN and Live Link) should be directed to – Roy Beale, Media Relations Officer, tel: 01793 655689