Sunday, September 7, 2008

USA Northern Crock???

ulson Engineers U.S. Takeover of Fannie, Freddie

Isn't this the same as Nationalising Northern Rock, and if so which way should the dollar be heading now? I seriously doubt it will though. Will this be painted as a positive, and does this not endanger the US taxpayer to almost 3 trillion dollars worth of risk??? Excuse my ignorance.

Posted by bystander @ 04:54 PM (867 views)

6 thoughts on “USA Northern Crock???

• sorry – should read PAULSON ENGINEERING U.S. TAKEOVER OF FANNIE, FREDDIE

• I can’t make out where the dollar is and where it will be. Since it was announced that the Fed would bail these guys out at the cost of billions of dollars (probably newly printed ones) a couple of months ago, the dollar has done nothing but rally. I just can’t make it out.

• Landofconfusion says:

@ 05:41PM 2. jackas said…
    > dollar has done nothing but rally. I just can’t make it out.

U.S. Election?

• I wonder if this will see another slide in the dollar. We’ll find out tomorrow I expect.

• Dollar will rise another 1.5 cents tomorrow IMO.

• it_is_going_with_a_bang says:

Well lets wait and see. Personally I only see this as an admission that things are very very bad. Just because they are forced to take control in some form does not mean they are going to improve the situation anytime soon.

Lets face the facts here … the US government does not exactly have a good track record of jumping into a situation and fixing it quickly.

Ultimately the US Government had no choice in the matter. Has not everyone expected this to happen anyway? It is an admission that the housing market is falling apart and as far as I am concerned is rather good news.