Saturday, September 27, 2008

Go Vince !!

Question Time 25th Sep 08

He let's rip "straight off the bat" with the first question ... "Property bubble ... pyramid selling scheme ... etc, etc." Hazel "Ronald McDonald" Blears thinks we've got a stable economy and refused to accept blame about housing market, instead trying to divert focus to those nasty short seller bogey men. I said over 2 years ago that the housing bubble would soon beocme a political hot potato if avoided.

Posted by doomwatch @ 03:21 PM (3948 views)

18 thoughts on “Go Vince !!

• “Hazel “Ronald McDonald” Blears”

Brilliant! I knew she reminded me of somebody, but could quite figure out who it was. That’s it, “Ronald McDonald” completely injected with botox.

• japanese uncle says:

I do not seem to recall he was speaking out too loud on this issue a few years ago,

• JU, it’s all about timing, let them dig a great big hole for themselves first, then when the most opportune moment comes the opportunist can seize the opportunity for the maximum opportunistic advantage.

• Does Hazel Blear’s come across as being suitably educated to run our country? Exactly.

She is a typical example of the whole labour government, a bunch of thick ar$£[email protected]%$£ only out for themselves. No wonder we are in such a mess.

• God help us if Cameron gets in. This individual is as bad as Thatcher.. both are & have Libran tendencies. Apologies to Librans, but I wouldn’t touch you guys with a barge pole.

• Vince.. the guy is coll.. but.. and there is a big but.. it is really easy to shout from the sidelines. like us, you can deliver a kickin, macro has overtaken micro.. and vince’s behaviour is a tad b(w)ankerish.

• I don’t watch a lot of telly. This is the first time I’ve seen Hazel Blears. Has she been in a bad fire?

• japanese uncle says:

Hazel Blear can bearly make a chairman of local PTA.

• It may be a bit late and it may not be news to HPCers but I am very glad to see this sort of thing in the mainstream media. Great post doomwatch!

• When will politicians/journalists stop pointing at particular groups and saying “It’s all your fault.” and admit/show understanding that the fault was on many levels – the bankng bonus system – the competition between banks to lend as much as they could, and far beyond, to make higher profits – the packaging up of debt and playing ‘pass the parcel’ with it – the mainstreaming of the view that property is an investment and being a BTL landlord beats working/will fund your retirement – the ramping in the media/on the TV that property investment is a way to easy money/risk free/the ONLY way to make money/that you’re an idiot if you don’t buy in/you’ll never buy a home if you don’t buy in NOW – lending and borrowing based on expected rental income/ >3.5 times salary/ >25 year mortgages/liar loans/ >90% mortgages – MEWing to fund excessive lifestyles/keep up with the Jones’/buy useless tat/buy another property – lifestyles which involve a city crash pad and country home – lifestyles which involve a city house and holiday home – taking on debt to pay debt – taking on debt on the assumtion that you property will continually rise in value, for all eternity so it will ALWAYS be there to pay off your mounting debts… I don’t need to carry on, you know what I mean.

My point is that all of these individuals, families and organisations are responsible for the housing boom & bust and current financial mess and EVERYONE who allowed/profitted from/used/bought into these Ponzi schemes should now be bearing the consequences. The reckless banks, the greedy BTLers, the stupid buyer who lied about their salary to borrow more than they could afford, the family who overstretched themselves to buy new cars, designer gear, Spanish villas and trips to Disneyland…all of these should be paying for their own greed and stupidity. I’m happy for a degree of help to be offered, but not so the banks can take the pi55 and continue to payout bonuses aand make phenomenal profits, or to stop a BTLer losing his shirt. They made their choices and now they have to face up to their own realities – any help should be minimal and very conditional – non of this debt should just be written off, and non of it should just go to one place i.e. the banks.

The well prepared, the cautious and the prudent should not be expected to bail them out.

• Oh… and Hazel Blears, that woman reaaly gets on my wick – stupid woman telling first time buyers, a few weeks ago, that now’s as good a time as any to follow their dream to buy a home. In 6 months when they’ve lost 20%, I wonder if they could sue??!!

• Good to see Theresa May get stuck in. She ran rings round Hazel – I wonder if Hazel was the only NuLabour MP willing to go on TV?

Brilliant Vince – an excellent lead.

Socialised debt, capitalised profit said Derek Simpson.

Even Fraser Nelson of the News of the World torpdoed Brown over the asset bubble: “Gordon’s only genius was getting away with so much for so long”.

I agree with quiet guy – the politicians have woken up!

• Who let QT on here.. who knows the might charge you a license fee for watching it..

• wake up to the falsehood of party politics – or fry in hell

• blimey that was a bit harsh malcolm!

• yes I know, but times are hard

• larry pickleman says:

I have only one problem with whingers.

If my mechanic is crap, I get another (or do it myself)
    If my lover is crap, I get another (or do it myself)
    if my boss is crap, I get another job (or become self employed)
    if my government is crap…. ( I just whine about it)

• This just absolutely proves that there is no point backing either of he main parties. Ms May and the tories would have done anything else? And the red headed woman – again its those pesky short sellers. F*ckwit is too long a word.