Monday, September 29, 2008

Are we going to have the Blackest Black Octobers in modern times?

Last Chance for Financial Crisis Truth

Martin Weiss writes: On this fateful Sunday morning, while Congress inches closer to approving the greatest financial bailout in history, while we teeter on the brink of what the President himself calls "a financial panic," and while you and I enjoy the momentary luxury of a quiet respite, it's time to sit back and take a long, hard look at what's best for us, our country, our children and their children as well.

Posted by sold 2 rent 1 @ 11:06 AM (1412 views)

25 thoughts on “Are we going to have the Blackest Black Octobers in modern times?

• The “fifth night” destruction has only 6 weeks to run until 13 November when it officially finishes

Another “mapped” battle is on the horizon – The korean War.

Officially the Korean war was:
    25 June 1950 – 27 July 1953
    but there was a stalemate from July 1951 onwards.
    So the end to the major fighting was June 1951.

This maps onto our current “fifth night” as
    2 October 2008 -> 20 October 2008

If the destruction is financial then expect the final carnage in the markets to be around 20 Oct.
    Will European banks be the centre of this carnage?

• in the words of Alan Partridge, ‘you’ve gone again’

• theboltonfury,

You only mock what you don’t understand.

• no – i mock people who can’t think for themselves but instead completely absorb the latest fad theory to the point where it takes over their own thought processes.

the word brainwashing springs to mind

• larry pickleman says:

s2r1 – using a cliche such as “You only mock what you don’t understand.” does in no way whatsoever legitimize you’re comments…it just further serves to illuminate you as an uncritical thinking repeater.

• Sorry S2R1 but I agree with the others. On a day when the country’s biggest BTL lender has been nationalised and announcements are made about mortgage lending dropping 95% in one month, I think there are more relevant things to talk about on a website which is about house prices crashing. Maybe its not that we don’t understand, its actually that we don’t give a toss.

• theboltonfury,

“i mock people who can’t think for themselves but instead completely absorb the latest fad theory to the point where it takes over their own thought processes”

People have accused me of many things, but NOT thinking for my myself is a new one.
    Surely the people following mainstream opionion are not thinking for themselves and the people who are loners, whether right or wrong, ARE thinking for themselves.

Let’s just see what events bring from 2 – 20 Oct.
    My guess in the euro/europena banks will come under pressure.

• Don’t believe anything you read or hear and only half of what you see…

Who was it that said “Question everything”….?

keeping an open mind is healthy. Allowing that open mind to absorb and bend to everything that appeals to it, is just dangerous.

S2R1… When I was 19, my parents divorced and at that time I was just out of college and looking for work. I found work with an interesting retired professor, doing some decorating around his house. The guy smoked weed and listend to some fantastic music, but he was into the Mayan Calendar, Runes, Tarrot, and basically anthing that went against popular culture.

As an impressionable “open minded” youth, I fed on all this material until I thought I knew it all. Years passed and I stopped looking around the corner with Tarot, Runes, Mayan callendars, Nostradamus.. etc.. and worked out that if I was going to get any kind of fulfillment from life, I had to work on FACTS, not hearsay. The hunch has paid off and I now live an “esoteric free life”.

In otherwords.. all the Tarot, Runes, predicting, etc… is completely objective and can be moulded to any situation, given an intelligent imagination. Drop it now and start paying attention to the facts as they are, not the “truth” as it should be….

• 7. sold 2 rent 1 said…Let’s just see what events bring from 2 – 20 Oct.

The hen house I’ve ordered for my wifes birthday arrives on the 20th.
    Does that count?

• s2r1… by the way, you do come across as a very intelligent bloke, and I am sure a likeable individual. I can Identify with how you see the world, but that Identity is past in my life experience…. I have moved on and so should you.

• Well said George.
    I admire your patience.

• predicting trouble for European banks is not exactly sticking your neck out.

That’s like me predicting that next years Tour De France will uncover some drug cheats

• I’m going on my stag do. That’s 5th night destruction right there.

• I don’t know if there is anything in the models that S2R1 uses – or not; but if someone is prepared to spend time setting them out here (i.e. thinking out loud), I don’t see that attacking the person (rather than the ideas) is fair. There are 6 ‘housing related’ articles above this one – most with very few comments.

I agree, though, that in these volatile times, one could ‘map’ anything into the next three weeks. Something major looks likely to happen!

S2R1: FWIW, we could see a massive surge by the PPT et al from 2nd Oct to 20th Oct. Gold would be hit and stocks rise – all in time for the election. May not necessarily be stocks or banks that get hit in this period.

• s2r1 often comes to the right conclusions but through intuition (and voracious reading of other websites) rather than through logic. As my maths teachers always said, “Show me the working-out”.

• notaneconomicsguru says:

When you have finished arguing – the link is worth a read.

• george monsoon says:

I did read the article, however I believe the strongest place to store cash now is in a box in the ground.

• I have read Martin Weiss before and as in this article he was also super-bearish. I think he is wrong and that this bailout will do the trick of lifting confidence for another few months.

S2R keep your views coming! The only thing I would object to is one person sending in several posts a day on the same off-beat opinion as if they are trying to educate me by screaming in my ear. I make would like to make up my mind based on information not indoctrination.

• drewster,

“Show me the working-out”.

The info on The Korean War was taken from wiki

The last fifth night ran from 21 Dec 1932 —> 6 Sept 1952
    The current fifth night is 19 Nov 2007 —–> 12 Nov 2008

Using http://www.timeanddate.com/date/duration.html

25 June 1950 is 6396 days into the fifth night or 90.013% of the way
    15 June 1951 is 6751 days into the fifth night or 93.764% of the way

90.013% into the current fifth night is around 2nd Oct
    93.764% into the current fifth night is around 20th Oct
    (give or take a day)

• Whilst I am on the subject of cycles.
    Here is another look at Martin Armstrong’s PI cycle (see below)

The mid-cycle high is on 23 April 2009.

This date maps back to June 1961 in the previous “sixth day” (1952-1972)
    The Berlin wall began its concrete contruction on 15 August 1961
    The Vietnam war was escalating under JFK with the US to enter in 1963

References

• Some interesting pionts made here on what is being called the most significant day so far of the credit crunch:

Agree with mountain goat at 18 – “S2R keep your views coming!”

• Why not let S2R1 continue? It’s got to be at least as legitimate an explanation of events as anything George Bush is likely to say tonight, and we’re all going to have to hear his view, and multiple regurgitations through the media, echoed into the rest of our lives, despite the fact that ever thing Bush ever has told us is an outright bold-faced lie. S2R1 in his earnestness deserves at least as much consideration as that.

• Couldn’t agree with you more indiablue.

• Couldn’t agree with you more Indiablue.

• 22. indiablue19 said…”Why not let S2R1 continue? It’s got to be at least as legitimate an explanation of events as anything George Bush is likely to say”

Agreed. The rantings of a lunatic can provide amusement on occasion – and S2R1 often provides a laugh as well!!