Wednesday, August 13, 2008

They May Be Looking … But Are They Stupid Enough To Buy??

First timers re-emerge

First time buyers are showing signs of returning to the property market as house price reductions begin to take effect and lenders look to reduce mortgage rates.

Posted by renting2 @ 10:39 AM (1830 views)

18 thoughts on “They May Be Looking … But Are They Stupid Enough To Buy??

• 1% increase on sod all is still sod all.

• Eternal Sceptic says:

You can lead a horse to water…….
    Will they really drink with gay abandon?

• 1% of virtually nothing is virtually nothing.

• 1% rise in enquiries is statistical noise anyway

• Compare this with a 60% drop in mortgage approvals year on year and it doesn’t make a huge amount of difference does it?

• Just like Gordon Browns mouthpeice the “The Express” – Desperate

• Rubbish article from rubbish vi.

• Yes, I am a FTB. And yes I have registered my interest with about half dozen EAs recently. and No I am not buying. I am only doing this, so I can keep an eye on HPC!!

• Peter – I dont understand that because you will just get pestered by “oh just a courtesy call” calls. Still your choice, but really i would have waited a bit. In any case the more desperate they get the more likely the nuisance calls. Thats unless they are doing a roaring letting trade i ‘spose.

• @peter_2008 – start putting in really low bids of 35-45% off asking and see what they say! Also, it may stop them bothering you in the short term.

• agree with layers. the 1% represents the nb of FTB registering not buying. There are bargains to be made already.

• mark wadsworth says:

Techieman, as I posted elsewhere (but it’s a top anecdote), our local estate agent opened a new office to handle lettings. The chap in charge said that his biggest source of work was the sales team passing him properties “To let out until the market picks up again”. So he’s in business for the next few years ….

• it_is_going_with_a_bang says:

So I’m supposed to care abut a study by Spicerhaart Financial Services. That will be the day.
    The question still remains why on earth would a first time buyer buy in the fastest falling property market in living history?
    I simply do not believe anyone. Yes there are people who do not read papers or watch the news on TV so I guess there will be some first time buyers.

• Another story that is absolute oblocks !

• I must confess I haven’t looked for a place since about 1998. I may soon though depending on how far the prices fall. I really don’t want any Estate Agent speak if I do though… I want properly priced reasonably spaced property (with garden) so I can entertain my bourgoise friends and clients.

Maybe Bliar and Broone would like to come round?

• I can entertain Bliar and Broone with a few of my special cigarettes, provided they don’t inhale.

• converted lurker says:

Guys wouldn’t get too worked up over this, take it from me FTB numbers will be up ‘cos all the other numbers are decimated. FTBs now need approx 20% deposit to get decent deals. It’s as fucked for them as all the other buyer groups. We’re buying in leads for 2 quid a pop atm, 2 quid!!! and the quality isn’t that bad….what can you do with them? Erm, nothing much….

• am thinking of registering with a few local estate agents, (Not to buy yet, not that stupid) but purely to guage the local market and the price falls, and to Put in some cheeky bids to encorage sellers to except price reductions, will put in a few bid os 30-40% on curent prices but will still buy in a year or 3