Thursday, July 17, 2008

Status Report on the Collapse of the U.S. Economy

Richard C. Cook is a former U.S. federal government analyst, whose career included service with the U.S. Civil Service Commission, the Food and Drug Administration, the Carter White House, NASA, and the U.S. Treasury Department. - He explains here about how the US economy is heading towards a fall, and that there are people behind the viel who are pulling the strings.

Posted by planning4acrash @ 02:04 PM (2250 views)

57 thoughts on “With the economic news of the week of July 14—the continuing crisis among mortgage lenders, the onset of bank failures, the announced downsizing of General Motors, the slide of the Dow-Jones below 11,000—we are seeing the ongoing collapse of the U.S. econ

• sold 2 rent 1 says:

FTSE up 2.5pc.
    Dead cat bounce? Time to buy PUTS?

• What’s your game planning4acrash? How do you get an article pulled from the news blog? Why? Is it because the original thread showed up your real agenda and now you have to manipulate things to go your way? This, I believe, was the original article link from infowar.com What are you so ashamed of?

• planning4acrash says:

Once an article is pulled, you can’t post it again (it comes up as duplicate). This is the source article. Thankyou Fubar.

My agenda is to understand the financial collapse that will affect you too. What is your agenda?

• fubar…
    I seem to have had an article pulled also. I’m confused as to why?

• My current agenda is to challenge nasty little propaganda articles. This article is a piece of quazi-facist fluff. There are no new facts, as you’d expect in a NEWS article, and the analysis is a joke.

• I see. My mistake, the conspiraloonieness is rubbing off.

• planning4acrash says:

I think that ladening the consumer with unpayable debt and instigating illegal wars in the Middle East were nasty things to do. Do you honestly think that these things happened because the people who run things are nice people?!

• “I think that ladening the consumer with unpayable debt and instigating illegal wars in the Middle East were nasty things”

Yes and I still think you can only have an argument if you resort to muddying the water and making stuff up. This article is pants and does nothing but act as a recruiting advert to conspiracy websites, which I suspect is your real agenda. It contains NO evidence of an organized conspiracy to wreck the global economy. Which was one of the nutty statements made on the original thread.

• P4ac IS Alex Jones.

• Eyes_wide_open says:

Fubar, instead of rattling on about how wrong everyone else is, why not post some constructive comments instead of pathetic name calling?

It’s your kind of insulting rants that is dragging this site down.

Although I don’t agree with some of the stuff posted on this website, I believe that people have the right to discuss various views that may impact the economy which would have a further impact on house prices and peoples personal financial well-being.

• This website is unfortunatelly being taken over by lunatics. I remember when it was for discussing UK house prices. Yes, economic developements around the world are relevant, but increasingly it is a few (you know who you are) looneys posting crackpot conspiracy theories and offering (unsollicited) finacial advice. Shame really. I implore the webmaster do do something about it and restore the forum’s integrity and relevance.

• p. doff said…

P4ac IS Alex Jones.

I thought you were joking now I’m starting to wonder. Mind you I’m steel reeling from trying to figure out the right question to ask the truthful whitefoot!

• planning4acrash says:

Nope, P4AC is P4AC. I’ve been won over by Alex and Jason Burmess and am a signed up member of http://www.wearechange.org and the Libertarian movement. That is my agenda. What is yours?

• See post 7 re agenda. The Libertarian movement. That explains a lot, an angry anarchist in other words, or as i prefer `trustafarians’. I used to be an anarchist till I realized the majority of my peers were in fact well to do middle class kids rebelling against the good start their parents gave them. It was like being surrounded by clones of the woman that Jarvis Cocker sung about in “common people”.
    I find that you can sum most anarchists ideology up in the sentence;

“What’s your’s is theirs and what’s theirs’ is theirs’. ”

I see it now includes batsh1t crazy conspiracies then.

• planning4acrash says:

I’m not an anarchits, I’m a Constitutionalist. i.e. I want the bill of rights and Magna Carta restored. I want a codified constitution like the USA, for this country. I am a patriot. I support Ron Paul’s approach to politics.

• My mistake. It’s that pesky word Libertarian. It can crumble in so many unpredictable ways.

• This article is little more than conspiracy theories and crazed ranting e.g.

The danger is that we may lash out and start a nuclear World War III out of frustration and to appease the elitists of the world who see war and famine as their pathway to world control.

In fact, World War I was a project of the Freemasons in dismembering Germany and the Austro-Hungarian Empire, both largely Catholic

A side-effect of control by the bankers and financiers is that they are also Zionists

• There’s a statement (well there are a few) in the article I’ve been running through my fact-o-meter and it bothers me.

“The problem politically is that control of the U.S. long ago was turned over to the bankers and the financiers of the Western world. It was called financial “deregulation,” accelerated under President Ronald Reagan, and has run amok since then. From a longer historical view, it’s the same phenomenon that first created and then ruined the British Empire , and it’s what created and is now ruining the American Empire today”

What does an economy that isn’t controlled by bankers/fiscal interests look like? What does this sentence even mean? Is it a call for tighter regulation? (Which is fine by me) Or is it a call for the destruction of the system as a whole? The more I read it the less sense it makes, is it stating that succesful economies are the problem? Commerce is the problem?

The writer then says at the end;

“Even then, additional reform measures such as control of credit as a public utility, a basic income guarantee, and a national dividend would be needed for real economic security to replace the current madness that could soon make the U.S. a relic of history.”

What does this mean? What would this look like in practice?

• The problem with articles like this is that there are hints of truth here and there but they’re all cut-and-pasted into a conspiraloop that goes round and round and repeats itself. You can get on and off the ride at any point and then go back to the rest of your life.

Maybe P4AC is S2R1. Both have 4-word names with one word represented by a number (4 = for, 2 = to). Has anyone ever seen them together?

• Point taken icarus, I think I need to get off the ride now.

• BTW

Conspiraloop is a lovely new noun.

• 18. icarus said…Maybe “P4AC is S2R1.”

Yes, I thought that as well. You often get a plethora of postings from each one alternately.

But P4ac incorrectly spells Mayan calender like this, whereas S2r1 correctly spells calendar like this. – or perhaps he is the same person, but cleverly pretends he can’t spell to aid the deception!! Anyway, I do suspect we have a few sock puppets posting from time to time.

• doesn’t General Motors have interests in the UK?

• doesn’t General Motors have interests in the UK?

Vauxhall? or is that defunct now?

• holding out says:

P4AC is the verbose apprentice to S2R1’s more succinct (slightly) sorcerer. One thing they definitely have in common is time on their hands and a propensity to unquestionably believe “the truth” from google/youtube videos.

• I’m officially joining the p.doff camp that P4C and S2R1 are at best an irritating distraction and at worst are undermining both the purpose and the integrity of this website as a discussion forum regarding house prices.

• 23. malct said…
    doesn’t General Motors have interests in the UK?

GMAC has done a helluva lot of sub-prime lending in the UK.

• Since 2000 GM has been responsible for the Saab brand in Britain. Chevrolet launched in the UK market in January 2005 and more recently Cadillac and Corvette have been introduced to the UK market.

I was thinking of mortgage paying JOBS

• planning4acrash says:

Those of you who remember back in the day, I was once PR, then metamorphosed into P4Ac. I often argue with S2R on interpretations on events. By your logic, all those who oppose me could be the same person. p.s. I’m not into numerology, and 4 and 2 are typical text language. We all use it texting, really, you are pulling at strings. It really is quite laughable.

Anyway, you carry on with your empty, flouride, CNN filled empty headed poo pooing with no justification, discarding everything for being kooky with no other justification, I’ll carry on planning4acrash and trying to warn my fellow man.

• @p.doff 27. GMAC cleverly sold out all their UK subprime to B&B. Which just goes to show what a terribly run company B&B is and how little they deserve to still have a business.
    @p4ac 29. “Pulling at strings”. Think you mean “Clutching at straws”, but great Freudian slip though….

• Many people here are aware that there are elites that control the media, that bankers have huge political power, that the US dollar is backed by nothing except the US military (e.g. rooting out evil people who try to create petro-euros), that Wall Street funded the Bolsheviks and the Nazis, that Roosevelt’s New Deal was forged by and for the bankers etc. It’s just that all this gets lost and gets laughed at when it’s mixed up with NWO (why do they need a NWO when they’re already pulling the strings) and ancient ‘prophecies’ about a new consciousness breaking through on a given date etc.

• 30. doom&gloom said…GMAC cleverly sold out all their UK subprime to B&B

Let’s hope B&B survive to finish paying for it!!!

• planning4acrash says:

Now look guys, we all know that some of you don’t like this particular angle on the analysis, that’s fine. The only real distraction is people going oh, this is kooky, blah, di blah, stick your fingers in your ears. The innane comments are quite simply rediculous. And you all sound like glorious sunshine and that idiot who had his website about btl. can’t remember his name, oh, and david90210. When will you realise that

• planning4acrash says:

New World Order is a phrase used by the elite, used by George Bush Senior himself, and many others. It represents, world government. Why do they need it? Because they want ultimate power. Dictatorship that cannot be overthrown. Icarus, its amazing to me that you can be so aware of these things, yet be closed to other stuff. Incredible doublethink. Awareness and rationalisation, being aware and unaware all at the same time.

• Yip Yip, “Fugging Lizards all out to get us!” Finar Finar, look out for the rising of cancer in the consteallation of scorpio! Mark my words, thus bodes bad times ahead, It is a dead cert, mark my… pick a random date!

Well I nearly got it right, but seems I expected an asteriod that would wipe out humannity and it turns out it was just a stone chip on my car.

Stick this in you conspiracy threads and smoke it. “MI5 has infiltrated HPC with bogus posters, intent on making the site look like a whole load of nut jobs because they think it will save the housing market.

Yip Yip, Finar Finar

• “The only real distraction is people going oh, this is kooky, blah, di blah, stick your fingers in your ears. The innane comments are quite simply rediculous.”

Looked in a mirror recently?

• I don’t know who scares me most. Bush and co. or this man.

• Pathetic.

• Look at the ‘dead eyes’. Interesting !

• P4ac – I know that Rockefeller and Bush used the term ‘NWO’. If the Rothschilds and their offspring (Morgan, Rockefeller) have been running the world since before the Fr Revolution and have central banks in every country (apart from the ones Bush calls the axis of evil), printing fiat money, duping people, controlling media and governments etc., what more do they need? What is this new dictatorship that is different from what they have now? I think they go from crisis to crisis but use the inside track to stay ahead of the curve.

• shipbuilder says:

p4ac – I get the impression that all you’re aware of is what you’ve been told by a limited number of websites, all with the same agenda.
    You think that you have all the answers, but most people are aware of these ‘revelations’ already. There have always been shady goings on, people grasping for more power and more wealth throughout history.
    You and a few others have decided that this all adds up to world leaders trying to rob, destroy, poison and starve the population, fake terrorist attacks and suppress technology all as part of one big conspiracy to form one government and rule the world. Every single event happening in the world is linked to this masterplan, without reason or logic.
    The first problem for you is that while people acknowledge the events, you have no hard evidence whatsoever to link them together, other than speculation. The second problem is that every event already has a rational explanation, 100% true or not.
    People see through your lack of evidence and the haphazard and ridiculous way you try to link these events, so they don’t believe you.
    Calling people stupid and ignorant because they refuse to accept your received wisdom on this issue will not help.
    You see when you post about chemicals in our food and water being toxic, that isn’t actual evidence that they were placed there to poison people. A video or website with someone claiming that they were put there to poison people isn’t actual evidence either.
    When will you realise that?

• Plannig4acrash

What the hell does the phrase “they want ultimate power mean?” This is just scuttlebutt.

• theboltonfury says:

does that guy ever look at the road whilst he is driving?

• nopensionnohouse says:

What do Americans know anyway?

• Perfect.

• Yep. That would be made in China. The only things the Americans make well nowadays are WMDs.

• planning4acrash says:

Shipbuilder. I took Alex’s word for it, and, got a shower filter (kdf500), and a water filter (British Berkey), and my hayfever cleared up, I’m more alert, I need about 2hrs less sleep and I don’t feel tired during the day. There are enough sources out there. The main thing to remember is, read Kissinger’s own book, read the UN’s own documents, its all out there in many sources. I mean, you have that double think again, like, oh, they’ve run EVERYTHING for over a hundred years, but, no, aren’t responsible for the economic crisis we see, not responsible for cancer rates going up from 1 in 30 to 1 in 3, not responsible for 9/11, suspension of the American Constitution and Magna Carta, not responsible for Iraq, I mean, you just said yourself that they are running most of the world. That’s how come the US army stood down as they were attacked by aircraft.

• Justathought says:

Its quite odd how the PACK turns on itself when it thinks the VI’s are on the skids.
    Don’t think you will want to meet up for your party soon.
    Try and find some common purpose as this site is becoming seriously bitchy.
    Believe me that is far more of a put off than the odd free wheeling loop post.

• My question remains. If they’ve run everything for a hundred years why do they need a NWO?

• Years ago, long before I’d ever heard of this site, I was amazed, confused and disturbed by the seemingly endlessly rising house price values. This web site helped me understand some of the reasons that the house price boom happened. After a long wait for a house price crash we’re finally there. It has started and now the VIs will have to deal with that. What I did not expect was that site would turn into an extremist conspiracy forum. You can easily find the NWO/Mayan/Alex Jones topics just by looking for the highest comment count against the postings – it’s almost always a posting by S2R1, P4C or Malct. Perhaps it’s time to accept that this site is losing its purpose now that the crash is undeniably upon us. We have made our point and now it’s time to move on?

• planning4acrash says:

Icarus. They are evil people. Absolute power corrupts. They also understand that people are waking up to the corruption. This is the sting in the tail. If you want to know, listen to the Alex Jones show or do some research of your own. I don’t have to justify it when George Bush Senior and Junior are calling for it.

Quiet Guy, We have all been shocked by the housing market. Some of us have decided to work out why, and see whether patterns of corruption remain in the next cycle that is occuring now, and feeds on and affects the ongoing housepricecrash.

• I have in front of me a book

RECOVERY by Sir Arthur Salter KCB dedicated to Viscount Cecil of Chelwood.

front cover:-

This book is an attempt to picture for the general reader the presentsituation
    in world affairs, and to suggest some main roads to that recovery for which all the world is waiting.

There never was a time when so many people wished to understand the situation,
    and to understand it as a whole.

The ensuing months will see decisions taken which, for good or ill, will affect the welfare
    and prosperity of each one of us.

The book is in four parts. Chapter 2 of part four is entitled

“A NEW WORLD ORDER: OUR SYSTEM REFORMED AND TRANSFORMED”
    A stable currency – A reformed and regulated credit system – Stable and sane commercial policies etc etc

although I never refer to NWO issues myself, I fail to see what the problem is for others.

RECOVERY was published in 1932

• P4ac. Can you not see that you have become the laughing stock of this website with your crazy conspiraloon ideas and your dogged rejection of logic. You are sounding more ridiculous by the day and people bait you because it provides some amusement.

I’m sorry to be cruel, but many people now get so embarrassed for you it’s making them cringe. Why don’t you do yourself and everybody else a favour and stick to Prison Planet/ Weareloosechange where you might be more readily accepted by the other dingbats. Alternatively, you should venture outside into the real world more often and listen to actual human beings instead of crazy fake people like Alex Jones..

• QG – i understand your frustration. From my standpoint i think you just have an open mind and say right well i dont want to go to the top of this building but will get off the lift some floors below, if others want to visit the penthouse thats up to them. Frankly i have no problem with these postings but have decided to not engage with them. Whether they are right or wrong is up to others to debate. I dont even mind if other people – VI for example – use these postings to be less than charitable in their comments about the forum.

Where do you draw the line about a HPC? Do you say its just anything that refers to HP or do you say its anything that refers to the economy or do you say its anything that refers to the stockmarket or gold or other commodities or investments and inflationary indicators ? Are these indicators which relate to HP or not? Would you take another step and say that these movements are all orchestrated by certain power people that control us? I dont know i suppose you could then go on and say that these people that control us are the “earth chapter” of a milky way bretheren.

Personally i am stuck at the other commodities / and investments and have no need or desire to look further. Maybe thats wrong and i will proved to have been naive but really what makes you happy and able to sleep at night, and i suppose in your case live a quiet life!

• I have been coming to hpc for years and have always enjoyed the the various opinions on offer. I cant believe the abuse some bloggers are receiving. I hope p4ac and s2r1 will keep posting. I for one value their imput.

As for Alex Jones, he did predict 9/11, and make a movie exposing the bilderbergers in which they revealed their plot to burst the subprime housing bubble a long time before subprime was even known about here. So he does have some crudadentials in my book.

Sorry in advance for my poor spelling.

• shipbuilder says:

46. planning4acrash said…

“There are enough sources out there. The main thing to remember is, read Kissinger’s own book, read the UN’s own documents, its all out there in many sources. I mean, you have that double think again, like, oh, they’ve run EVERYTHING for over a hundred years, but, no, aren’t responsible for the economic crisis we see, not responsible for cancer rates going up from 1 in 30 to 1 in 3, not responsible for 9/11, suspension of the American Constitution and Magna Carta, not responsible for Iraq, I mean, you just said yourself that they are running most of the world. That’s how come the US army stood down as they were attacked by aircraft.

I don’t care whether you think Alex Jones sounds crazy, the fact is that he is right about things. If you think there’s even a chance that he may be right, then you should damn well find out more and try warn your loved ones.”

See, you’re just not getting it. You work in the public sector and you seriously think that the government can have than much control over everything?
    So you have filtered chemicals out of your water and feel better – what exactly is that proof of? Let me let you into a secret – you live in London, right? London water isn’t very nice – most people tend to filter it.
    I live in Northern Ireland – the water here is pure and sweet, straight from a reservoir in the Mourne mountains – filtering it makes little difference. Perhaps we have been spared the attempted poisoning by the NWO? Or….perhaps, just perhaps….water in London is from a different source and processed differently?
    Undoubtedly cancer rates have increased, yet we have no real evidence why. Are you telling us that the government, over 20 years ago, started added chemicals to our food/water to give us cancer, that they knew which chemicals to add, yet 20 years later the entire medical establishment are still in the dark?
    Is this the same government that managed to make such a hash of the ‘evidence’ of WMD in Iraq that over half the country saw through it straight away? Did you see Colin Powell on the news and his ‘mobile chemical weapons factories’? It was embarrassing. These people are idiots!
    For god’s sake, man, take a step back and listen to what you are saying.

• p4ac – If they didn’t mention the NWO that would also be evidence that they were planning it surreptitiously. I’m with you in that I disagree with some of the other posts here about Alex Jones. He is no idiot and no madman. He’s a showman AND he’s right about a lot of things. Watch his interview with Bill Veith (just google Bill Veith Alex Jones) and you’ll see that he’s got a good handle on money and central banking. I can accept that there could be a concerted effort to reduce the number of currencies (e.g to three – one for the Americas, one for Europe – hence the euro – and one for Asia) in order to retain control of fiat currencies and to carry on playing the central bankers’ game (i.e. Monopoly with phantom money magicked to the table when the other players have just the £1,000 they started with). If that’s what you mean by NWO then fair enough – it’s just a continuation of what’s been happening for a long time.

The big question is how all this plays out. How important is control of the oil exchanges to the continued existence of the dollar? Asia is thinking about the tissue-paper dollar reserves it holds and whether it want to continue selling goods for more paper, so dollar-denominated oil is possibly the last source of demand for dollars. If oil prices rise does this increase demand for dollars – i.e. support the dollar? Is there an unholy alliance between the US government (increasing oil stocks, supporting oil speculation by implicitly being prepared to bail out the big four – too big to fail – oil speculators) and the speculators themselves to drive up oil prices? If the dollar collapses what do the powerful do next?