Thursday, July 24, 2008

John Parker, we salute you!

Property for sale dropping £1,000 per week

This chap has finally got the message! I hope we find out the result of his Dutch auction.

Posted by mark wadsworth @ 10:03 AM (1413 views)

12 thoughts on “John Parker, we salute you!

• Whostolemyendowment says:

Maybe we can have a new digital TV channel – along the lines of price-drop-TV……call it how-low-will-it-go-TV

• The photo shows under offer, if thats an offer of the £121,000 wednesday price, then its not quite 20% so not such a dramatic drop.

Good idea none the less.

I’m currently watching a house that was £425,000 and just been reduced to £355,000. When it gets to about £250,000 I might take the plunge (£2000 a week for a year ought to do the trick)

• Its the price-drop TV concept!

• I’ve been watching a property in Cambridge that 6 months ago was on for 590k. Today it’s on for OIRO K430. Ouch.

• need-a-crash says:

What an idiot. If people know he’ll know £1k off a week they’ll just keep waiting, better to knock a large chunk off (to an affordable level) and then leave it for 6 months.

• Ive been watching a commercial/residential property in wales thats gone from £525k to £395k in under 6 months – no buyers yet. I personally think it’s not going to sell until it’s under 300k if then.

• I am waiting untill it gets so bad that the vendor throws in the car with the house, with a full tank of petrol, and lawn mower, and and and

• Please tell this was on the front page this morning.

• mark wadsworth says:

Symo, I’m afraid not – it was about page 6 or 8.

• need-a-crash : Yes, but the longer you leave it, the more likely it is that someone else will decide that it’s cheap enough for them, and put in an offer before you. This is especially true if anyone is looking at it as a long-term home and expecting to stay at least 10-15 years.

See also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_auction

• Hi All – Its been a long time since I last posted – So thought I would comment on this one. Looked the house up on price checker and it sold for 56K in Nov 2001 – I reckon prices are going to drop back to levels seen around this time, allowing for a little added inflation- so I guess the vendor will be achieving somewhere in the region of 60 – 70K.