Saturday, July 12, 2008

Insurers Blacklist Builders, Estate Agents and City Types

Five tips on protecting your family in a recession

Insurers have started to blacklist people who work for Housebuilders, City Firms and Estate Agents on some protection policies as job losses start to bite. Those working for building firms including Barratt, Taylor Wimpey and Persimmon may be refused cover altogether, even if they have survived the latest cull in jobs.

Posted by enuii @ 10:15 PM (898 views)

8 thoughts on “Insurers Blacklist Builders, Estate Agents and City Types

• What about if they’ve still got a job but their fixed rate is coming to an end? Would you remortgage them?

• stillthinking says:

No, but I will be anyway thanks to New Labour wealth transfer policies.

However, the dark day is looming when I might be a recipient of Gbs largesse myself. Unfortunately there probably won’t be much to give out at that point.

• stillthinking says:

In fact I do feel very sorry for these people, but they amost certainly voted Labour and they did create the bed they now lie in. Somebody must have, they did win the election and I know I didn’t. I don’t have any housing to give and I am already giving them money ( money I don’t really have for my own family ) indirectly so nothing to say.

• A quick question from one who is less familiar with economic theory than most of you….I get the impression that the consensus view is that the current situation offers limited options to the powers that be, that range in implication from bad to cataclyslimic and nothing else, for western economies at least. Is this broadly right? Is there a positive view to be derived from current events at all?

• I voted Labour the time before last, last time I was so upset at the lack of choice available I didn’t vote. I did think that DC started off sounding like a real alternative, then he started pedalling to work in front of a car carrying his briefcase… Lost cause…

Anyone else I should be voting for?

• What a larf! Insurers won’t insure people if there is a chance they will need to use the policy. I just love the insurance market & payment protector market. A complete scam.

• @ jamonit – most of the posters on this site would say there is nothing much than can be done about the housing market without wrecking the rest of the economy.
    When you think about it, loads of money has been borrowed from international money markets and it has been spent on houses which are now going down in value. Its like the whole country is sliding towards negative equity. I can’t think of how they’re going to pay the money back but you could ease the pain for homeowners by stoking up inflation perhaps?