Monday, July 28, 2008

If you can’t screw the buyer, screw the seller!

House prices plunge again – as estate agents raise their fees

Many of Britain's biggest estate agents are raising their prices in a desperate bid to increase their earnings from the ever-dwindling number of homes they are now able to sell.

Posted by quiet guy @ 09:33 PM (1156 views)

10 thoughts on “If you can’t screw the buyer, screw the seller!

• “As a result, anyone who does not need to sell their property has opted not to do so”. If you don’t need to sell, then you are not selling at all to begin with! This should be rephrased to “speculators who were trying to shaft buyers with over inflated prices have backed off”

• Ok, we can’t sell these overpriced sh*t, so we are going to hike the price, then we can all go bust like Rover/MG!

• the haunted says:

I don’t think that they really earn their 1% cut so this 2% will go down with sellers like a lead turd.

• Fingerbob69 says:

the haunted …how are you gonna sell your 2009/10 bargin when the market picks up, cica 2015?

• “consumer groups said property sellers should not have to suffer twice at the hands of the collapsing market”

So errm, who is going to pay? Buyers? Pah. They’ll just stay away even more. This is truly the bitter taste of the good medicine.

More estate agents will go bankrupt.

• The Scapernator says:

I would really like to make the point that Estate Agents are not professionals (last para.)- they require no qualifications whatsoever to practice – please spread the word – it really hacks me off!

• What a great buisness plan for a failing buisness, not. EAs clearly believe that money grows on trees. If push comes to shove, which would you rather see on the high street: yet another EA or a charity shop? Get ready for many more of the latter. Hard times a-comin’.

• ha bloody ha

• K,F&H should not be doubling their fees but halving the number of branches. After all, as house prices doubled/tripled, they did not reduce the percentage they charged.

• Here is a true story about what it is to be an estate agent.Yesterday I saw the manager of a large London estate agency about selling my property on a joint sole. He told me his fee was 3%. I told him I thought he was way more expensive than the competition.His reply was: “I pay my negociator a lot of money”. My reply was “what is in it for me then?”. He said to me “you will have to take it or leave it”. that takes the biscuit!