Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Elliots in Norfolk – another EA shuts up shop

Estate agent ceases trading

Elliots, which had branches in Norwich city centre, Eaton, Wymondham, Brundall and Thorpe, has gone into liquidation. All eight staff have been made redundant and were told of the news yesterday.

Posted by whostolemyendowment @ 05:00 PM (1181 views)

14 thoughts on “Elliots in Norfolk – another EA shuts up shop

• No doubt the owner, like those on commission never put anything away for a rainy day. Oh well, they’d best start that teacher training course.

“This is the master bedroom or ‘bedroom massif’ as we like to call it”.

• Estate Agents they don’t arf make me larf. EA speak:

solarly challenged = “rainy day”
    room for improvement = “garden shed”
    riverside property = “flooding certainty”
    good time for first time buyers = “buy your negative equity bonds from us”
    lively nightlife = “next door to late night opening pub with 300 people smoking fags next to your front door every day”
    sea view = “upstairs toilet, stand on loo, peer out of top left hand corner of window… there, the sea”
    investment opportunities = “collapsing market”
    priced to sell = “don’t get a survey”
    property experts = “tw*t with goo in his hair and a clipboard”
    internal viewing recommended = “next to the sewage works”
    career opportunity = “signing on”

• I was once shown a ‘potential’ garage ? i.e. a bit of space in the garden.

• cyril @ 3..

You have to give it to estate agents – they make the nazi propaganda machine look like amatuers.

I have a “potental” few million pounds – Must remember to spend my quid on lottery ticket and not another can of St. Ella

• Maybe we need a new website, ea-implode.co.uk, to match the American’s Mortgage-Lender Implode-o-meter at http://www.ml-implode.com

• mark wadsworth says:

1.6 employees per branch office? Or are they all freelancers?

• it_is_going_with_a_bang says:

When i sold my flat last August I was only in there once whilst there was a viewing. The complete BS that spewed out made it far far too embarrassing for me to be around.
    I know it was in my interest, but OMG. Cringeworthy is all I can say. All served up with a smile 🙂

• .it_is_going_with_a_bang @ 7.

Suits you sir!

• I was once shown around a house with “character features”.

When I asked exactly what these character features were, the young professional looked around the room and said “erm……..the windows?”

• Lord Pickled Onion says:

noonio – Not clever, that EA/Nazi comment. The propaganda machine helped justify the murder of millions. Not funny at all.

• Whostolemyendowment says:

drewster….great find on the implode-meter. Will keep a close eye on that one. I wonder if there is a UK equivalent?

• And the EA’s have helped millions of people into negative equity, lives ruined, children not able to go to university, family breakdown, er.. shall I go on.

By any chance, are you an estate agent?

• Lord Pickled Onion says:

No. I am Jewish. My family came here from Germany in the thirties to escape Nazism. Shame on you for your flippancy.

• Lord Pickled Onion says: