Tuesday, June 10, 2008

We want a strong dollar! Honest Guys!

President Bush betrays fears over economy with strong dollar call

President Bush issued a call for a rise in the value of the US dollar on currency markets yesterday in a signal of mounting official alarm in Washington about the effect of the slumping greenback on the world’s largest economy.

Posted by flintster1994 @ 11:46 AM (756 views)

7 thoughts on “We want a strong dollar! Honest Guys!

• This is an odd one.

Is President Bush just showing us how little he understands about aconomics.

Assuming he knew the very basics they shouldn’t have printed so many dollars and dropped interest rates to 2%.

Tell me I’m wrong but the only cure is wind up interest rates again – which they can’t without destroying their economy further.

Now if they could fix all mortgages at current rates and stop people borrowing and then increase rates.

• Found this rather amusing comic, not quite worthy of the main blog though:

• JU – do you think that was in real time and not a compilation of ums and ers?

• JU – that question was posted AFTER your post. There’s a time warp here – I’m wondering if I can use it to bet on an event that’s already taken place.

• japanese uncle says:

I have no comment, but just have a look at this video. I am afraid any conceptual things may well be beyond this man.

At 035-36 he murmurs “I know that.” (clearly in responce to the instruction from the next room via some hearing device)

• japanese uncle says:

icarus

It could well have been a compilation, but his ‘I know that’ murmuring is the issue here, as it proves he is not speaking on his own.

• it_is_going_with_a_bang says:

Oh yes that will do it. Just ask everyone to make the dollar a stronger currency.
    Any more bright ideas Mr Bush? No? I thought not.