Monday, June 23, 2008

Is this going to be part of the new certification process for EAs?!

Sacked Estate Agent Tortured Her Boss

An estate agent who hatched a brutal revenge plot against her boss after being sacked has been jailed for 10 years. (Advertisement) Ambreen Gul, 23, lured Waqas Malik to her flat where he was tortured and ordered to raise a £200,000 ransom or be killed with his son. She had recruited another sacked colleague and two other thugs to make him pay for her dismissal

Posted by stevie dee @ 02:42 PM (1353 views)

14 thoughts on “Is this going to be part of the new certification process for EAs?!

• Black Widow comes to mind or the guy was thinking with his brain 😉 when he went to her place.

• I had thought that maybe bloggers on HPC were being just a little cruel about EAs in previous comments. OK, OK, I believe you now.

• Whatever next – B2L Landlords?

• Hurry_up_and_crash says:

QUOTE “You have shown little remorse and you have consistently shown yourself as dishonest and manipulative, prepared to do and say anything to save yourself”

Isn’t the judge describing all estate agents here?

• do they get training for this sort of thing? Or are they simply allowed to partake in this as part of their usual untrained unlicensed daily work as an estate agent???????

• Where did she pluck the £200,000 figure from? Average house price?

• I can’t even begin to get my head round what I feel about the protagonists here.
    You have to feel sorry for the victim but then he is an estate agent too and he trained her.

• That is quite horrific. I can understand most estate agents being testosterone-fuelled adrenalin junkies, same for many commission-based jobs. But this was extraordinarily vindictive too. Normal people would just go look for another job!

Excellent comment in the Times: “I am unsure why Gul was sacked: from the account of the trial and the judge’s summing up, she would seem to have all the ‘qualities’ necessary to make a very successful estate agent.”

@quiet guy: I saw your comment before it was removed. If the government does insist on high immigration, we should at least try not to import the rest of the world’s violent chavs. These people weren’t first-generation migrants though, so your point is perhaps less relevant.

• Rental John says:

We better hope that EAs don’t starting trying these tactics on lukewarm buyers……

• musn't grumble says:

@drewster

I think it was my comment that got removed, but I’m not sure why as I don’t think it was that contentious …. perhaps they didn’t like the part about London becoming a pit of despair. Sadly it’s more likely to be politically correct censorship of any issue relating to migration. Free speech is not allowed these days I’m afraid, even if we do state the truth. But don’t forget that second or even thrid generation migrants are likely to have adopted much of the value system of the first generation.

• Lord Pickled Onion says:

Why do you all see this as a chance to criticise estate agents? This was a violent criminal act and tying it in to this site is demeaning the serious points often made. My sympathies are with the victim and his family.

• montesquieu says:

This is far from a racial or immigration issue. There are plenty of perfectly white, many-generational English low life capable of torture, murder, extortion and the rest.

There was a mini boom in ‘dodgy geezer’ movies in the 90s, if you may recall which in my view completely missed the point – looking back fondly on Frankie Fraser, the Crays, or similar white scum from other places eg the ‘no mean city’ Glasgow hard men, is nostalgic fantasy. These were extremely nasty people. Race is irrelevant here.

In common with Drewster though I loved the comment from the times. Classic. “I am unsure why Gul was sacked: from the account of the trial and the judge’s summing up, she would seem to have all the ‘qualities’ necessary to make a very successful estate agent.”

• Guys.. this is about greed.. and about a blokes weakness..