Monday, June 2, 2008

EA’s Recognise falling prices at last!

Flat for sale, £1m price cut

The owner of a central London flat has knocked almost £1 million off the asking price in an attempt to sell as the credit crunch tightens. The news is further evidence of the weakening of the property market, and comes after figures from the Nationwide Building Society showed national prices fell by 2.5 per cent last month, the biggest fall since the recession of the Nineties.

Posted by housebear @ 04:01 PM (1340 views)

12 thoughts on “EA’s Recognise falling prices at last!

• mark wadsworth says:

Just paid in some cheques at the bank. The lass behind the counter asked me whether I was a homeowner. Nope, certainly not, say I, I’ve sold to rent. Ah, she replies, it’s just that we’ve got some special introductory mortgage offers starting from under 4%.

I was so taken aback that I didn’t ask for more details. I wish I had done now. What’s that all about?

• probably a 4% arrangement fee ….

• what was the bank?

• Flintster1994 says:

Yeh, for the first 10k of your 300,000k stepped intersest only mortgage!

• flintster1994 says:

Yeh, for the first 10k of their lovely 300k stepped interest only mortgage!

• mark wadsworth says:

hpw, I’m not telling for data security reasons, hope you don’t mind

• Once they’ve got you sat with their mortgage chappy/ess, they’ll probably find one or two reasons why you don’t qualify for that deal or you’ll find out why you wouldn’t want it in a gazillion years. Then they’ll offer you the next nearest 7% deal as well as trying to sell you insurance etc.

• Yerhavingalaugh says:

Estate agent Lloyd Coleman said “I have been in the business for 13 years and have never seen it so tough”. That’s yer problem chum – you haven’t seen a couple of 18 year full property cycle boom-busts like some of us have. You’ll be able to spot the next one I fancy – even GB will be able to do that!

• it_is_going_with_a_bang says:

Yes along with Apply Now for your pre-approved loan

(i.e. they have your address and thats about it )

Sales Cr*p

• Rental John says:

Teaser rates? Big fat juicy worn to ‘hoik’ you in? It doesn’t work like that!

• Orcusmaximus says:

Mark, I think (hope!) that you need rather more than your name and a bank name to start siphoning funds out of your account! Otherwise, everyone who has spread their savings about would be in a whole heap of trouble…

• crash bandicoot says:

“I didn’t want to reduce it but the agent said it was the best way to sell and we have had more viewings since.”

No way, I always thought that painting it beige and putting on a pot of coffee was the best way to sell it. See what has happened since Rosie Millard started feeling sorry for herself – the doomsayers have taken over.