Wednesday, June 18, 2008

According to Brown, F##k the Irish!

EU treaty delay proposal defeated

The government has defeated a last ditch attempt to delay the ratification of the EU Treaty for four months. Conservative peers had pressed for the ratification process to be postponed until the response of EU leaders to the Irish referendum "No" vote was clear. But the move by Tory foreign affairs spokesman Lord Howell of Guildford was defeated by 277 votes to 184.

Posted by flintster1994 @ 07:53 PM (845 views)

6 thoughts on “According to Brown, F##k the Irish!

• flintster1994 says:

I’m sorry if my language offends, but I cannot believe we are going to stand by and let this moron decide what is best for us. I just can’t believe that he would completely ignore the voice of the Irish.

• I just can’t believe that he would completely ignore the voice of the Irish.

since when?

• flinto

I thought if the Irish said NO it was all over – otherwise I would never have posted Jim Corr’s audio

what gives?

• flintster1994 says:

malc

By moving to ratify the treaty, even though according to the EU everyone had to be in agreement for the treaty to pass, he is basically changing the agreed rules.

I know this doesn’t come as a surprise, but still?

• flintster1994 says:

Sorry malc,

got to go for now, but it makes you think what is the point of saying everyone had to be in agreement, and then trying to continue with the process?

Later

• understood

didn’t realise this was possible

anyone got a handle on this ?