Thursday, May 1, 2008

They will say, it’s bad, but not as bad as we feared….(same old spin!)

Polls open in key test for Brown

''...Labour has seen support plummet to its lowest since Margaret Thatcher's heyday in the late 1980s in the months since Tony Blair stepped down last June, and the local council and London Mayor elections are the party's first real test since Brown took over....''

Posted by hpwatcher @ 08:12 AM (798 views)

16 thoughts on “They will say, it’s bad, but not as bad as we feared….(same old spin!)

• tyrellcorporation says:

Vote Conservative – YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU! (as never before)

• I will never, ever be voting Labour – for anything – again.

The Millenium Dome was just the start of their insane tax & spend orgy. I can’t think of any aspect of UK life that hasn’t been infected by their arrogance and incompetence.

I heard the other day about a student being arrested for calling a traffic warden……….a donut. The police have their ”government” targets to meet and are doing it via micro policing. Also, I read an article about how Ken Livingstone intends to make queue jumping a criminal offence. What a little hitler.

• Pray for more rain – Labour voters are notorious for not bothering to turn out if they need an umbrella..

• What a choice we have.

Labour mess up so now vote Conservative who messed us up last time.

Mr. Cameron has already demonstrated his sincerity (riding on a bicycle with his brief case in a 4 litre limmo following behind).

Shouldn’t this be a time when we start to look for some good in the Lib Dems. Haven’t the larger parties both had their chances and blown it ?

• tyrellcorporation says:

STR2007 The whole Cameron bike being followed by car is almost an urban myth. Apparently he has done this maybe once a month when he has excessive paperwork. The story is trotted out every week I reckon.

• Those that remember the last hpc will remember the last Tory government. Once they get back in power the far right of the party will reemerge. I personally won’t ever vote Labour again and have never voted Tory.

• tyrellcorporation says:

I’ve voted for both and on balance the Conservatives are far better IMHO. The lunacy and hypocrisy of Labour is simply depressing (think 2 Jags spending his holidays at the ranch of the US Casino Magnate).

• start to look for some good in the Lib Dems. Haven’t the larger parties both had their chances and blown it ?

No. Who ever you vote for, they will all be the same.

• tyrellcorp

I here what you’re saying, but it is true they did mess it up all by themselves last time.

I can’t remember which, but several posters here have mentioned Vince Cable as having more common sense than most when it comes to economics.

As a bunch of amateur economists – most here seem ok ( a few a bit extreme). I haven’t heard anyone bestowing the talents of any other polititians.

And afterall – if a party can’t get the economics part right, nothing else can or will happen.

BTW I’m not telling – just looking for opinions from open minds.

• I’ve always wondered what happens when a government in waiting is then fed through the Whitehall machine.

• tyrellcorporation says:

Vince Cable seems like a beacon of straight talking but the rest of the Liberals are a pretty sorry bunch IMHO.

• That’s right Tyrellcorporation lets all vote the Tories in and we can have Kirsty as Housing advisor – good judgement that Cameron. Oh and Osborne too who signed up totally to the BOE liquidity plan.

• speculatorone says:

Did anyone hear Brown on Radio 4 yesterday morning? I know their job is not to answer questions but he showed no compassion for the dilemma a lot of people are finding themselves in i.e. fuel/food poverty etc. His attitude really annoyed me, he doesn’t care about anyone of us. After listening to him I can quite believe it that he throws things around his office like a little spoilt child.

• I’d go lib dems. Vince cable may be the only sane voice in the party, but that’s one more than labour or tory have got.

That said, I don’t get the vote, so it is all rather irrelevant.

I remember someone telling me they wouldn’t vote lib dem because there was no chance they’d get in. WTF!? (I said) – you’re not betting on horses. You don’t have to back the winner. You vote for the ones that best support your own views. Fool!

• I don’t want Ken to win, but I’m not a Londoner, so my exposure to the core issues is very limited.

However, I know that when the outlook is uncertain, voters tend to look for a safe bet, a steady player – better the devil you know.

If Boris wines, it will be on the back of a deep animosity towards Ken – he really doesn’t propel the right image for the moment.

As for Brian, well he might do suprisingly well (by default) – but the chances of him winning are vanishingly small.

The result could well prove horribly close – with issues relating to postal vote fraud and failure keeping the outcome in the courts for weeks

– I have this vision of Mr Mugabe calling for the result to be published…

• Although I mentioned it the other day I forgot on the above post to mention the Krusty connection to the Conservatives on a subject that’s close to our hearts – well remembered ljjhall.

Given the above and the mess Labour have made of things I’m all in for a fresh change.

I also agree with you Inbreda (I won’t vote Liberal as they won’t get in – WTF – exactly) I guess that’s sheeple for you.

I’m surprised more people on this web site don’t have a similar view to Imbreda and I. Given the Krusty connection to Conservatives and the mess Labour have caused.

I’m not saying Lib Dems are perfect – but I just couldn’t put a tick in the box next to the others.

Ask yourself the question – could Lib Dems make a bigger mess than the others have already. They’d have to try.