Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Looks like the penny has dropped – At last.

Minister sees ‘5-10% house price fall’ this year

Ministers’ attempts to play down fears of a property crash were undermined after Caroline Flint, housing minister, was filmed arriving at cabinet with notes in which she warned of price falls of up to 10% this year

Posted by markj69 str05 @ 09:49 PM (1444 views)

17 thoughts on “Looks like the penny has dropped – At last.

• clearly caroline flint is as incompetent as arrogant as her boss

• Only 10% when the volume of mortgage approvals year on year are 50% of their 2007 level, somehow I smell a bit of NeuLiebor soft soaping.

• this is hardly news at all from the BBC

So the BBC and other journos is reporting “SHOCK! minister has house price prediction thats been available for months”

10% is inline with many of the industry predictions

if it had said 20-40% that would have been interesting

• This story is getting boring. Give it a rest.

• markj69 str05 says:

@3. Sorry to bore, but not seen any discussion on the subject.

Reading between the lines, or rather ‘Seasonally’ adjusting the figures to account for a lying, useless, untrustworthy, bankrupt gov’t, i’d say they were trying to softening the message to the sheeple. 20% more realistic perhaps?

• [email protected] 4

There was a post earlier in the day, I think it has about 40 odd comments (I didnt see it until after I saw this one)

• “5-10% at best” was what the report said.

Not like FT to twist it like that, however they do have a lucrative property section.

• dohousescrashinthewoods says:

Looking at the wider picture, aluded to by Enuii above, I have to say, things seem to have broken a lot of records in the last month or so – lowest X since the nineties, highest Y on record, 50% drop in Z. Big figures, the like of which even bloggers here would have blushed to suggest just a year ago.

Labour forced out by Winter?

• Penny dropped or a deliberate leak to shoften up the sheeple, for what is to come?

GOOD NEWS IS. They are on our side…well thats a relief, i thought the buggers were just linning themselves up for cushy P/T jobs at banks. (AKA Blair)

• markj69 str05 says:

@6. ‘Labour forced out by Winter?’ – Maybe Crash Gordon, but I don’t see Labour falling. All it would take is for Crash to be made accountable for his recent dithering and previous financial fiasco (As Chancellor), and some smooth-talking suit (Jack Straw, perhaps) to step up, accept that there are going to be problems for a few years yet, put in a few quick fixes for the masses (No ‘U’-turns – Unless you can pin them on Crash aswell), and Hey-Presto, Labour look like they know what they are doing.

• if the gvt says it’s 10% then it will be at least 30%

• dohousescrashinthewoods @ 6
    can’t see winter 09 either. A parliment can last for up to five years. With the last election being in May 2005, thats gives this parliment up to May/June 2010. I suspect in the meantime they will get rid of GB. His role in mess after mess is irrevelant. People only have to make the link and believe it and he will be blamed. He will then become an easy scapegoat, on to which the sins of the party can be placed before he is sent off into the wilderness. They can then make some (these are not u-turns) changes as [email protected] 7 says. God foribd any politician of any hue canever admit a policy mistake and correct it in an open manner.

Don’t know about Straw, but I do agree and think that GB is on his way out

• Gardeniadotnet says:

> @3. Sorry to bore, but not seen any discussion on the subject.

News is arriving so quickly at the moment that “hot” topics are being pushed off the end:

Scroll to the menu bar and click on “News Blog” Then click on View: Today

Ray

• Rental John says:

I sold my house two years ago – and still had 5% haggled off the price – wasn’t desperate but with only two viewers in 6 months thought I’d jump ship while I could…..so if 5% goes in the ‘good times’….a 10% drop now would be on par with current conditions – so why all the surprise and media hoo-har?

• george monsoon says:

Whats whth the click in here?

I have been an avid member of HPC for over three years. I read the blogs and articles every day. I sometimes post my arguments on here, but I have become disilusioned with the “click” some members appear to have built up. Its about half a dozen members who spam a blog article and refuse to even acknowledge other posters, who have very frequently “blown your arguments out of the water”.

The is a polite notice to those regurlar posters (and you know who you are..) who discount, disregard or blatantly attack any idea that does not fit in with your ideals.

I will continue to post my valid arguments on here in the hope that they at least warrant a response, but if I continue to be ignored, I will get very bored and leave.
    !!!!!!!!!!!!

RANT OVER>

• ¿Que?

george, what are you on about?

if you continue to be ignored, make your comments more interesting matey.

As in life, no-one owes you their attention Monsieur Monsoon …

• Clique