Saturday, May 10, 2008

Cherie Blair we had “a mortgage the size of Mount Snowdon”

Blair 'secretly advising Brown'

Mrs Blair - "Mr Brown, as the new chancellor, was wrong to announce he was not going to take a salary increase, thereby putting pressure on others to follow suit. "How dare Gordon do that? What did he know about financial commitments? He was a bachelor living on his own in a flat with a small mortgage," she writes. She said the Blairs had "a mortgage the size of Mount Snowdon" on their £3.6m house in London's Connaught Square. "That was very scary. Whatever happened, we had to meet the monthly payment and it was down to me. Because no one else was going to meet it, were they?"

Posted by jack c @ 10:36 AM (1038 views)

7 thoughts on “Cherie Blair we had “a mortgage the size of Mount Snowdon”

• Read this story as well this morning, it made me nearly choke on my breakfast. Why oh why do they give this woman the newsprint and publicity, it’s like trying to bury the Dracula family. My only hope is that it dumps more muck at the feet of McBroon and makes more people wake up and smell the Manure off British Politics.

• Cherie Blair had “a mouth the size of Mount Snowdon”

• mark wadsworth says:

… and a mortgage the size of her bum.

• Bananasplit says:

cherie,cherie you are prone to vanity. The human weaknesses to do with greed, idleness, and snobbery, and the scheming, deceit and hypocrisy which mask them and you will if we are reincarnated be born anew in another body after death; “Hindus believe that we transmigrate”
    I think that cherie will either live as a rat or possible a lower life like a prescott!

• japanese uncle says:

We can find millions of women much less wealthy but far happier than this woman in the world.
    Struggle to go upward often results in sheer stress which you should not really suffer. I can see this in her.

• Jeez.
    I was horrified when I read this story in the Telegraph this Morning!!! Our socialist prime minister with a mountainous mortgage and the suggestion that the great unwashed might not pay for it. These people have sickened me for their abuse of government, which they view, not as public service, but as machine that owes them a living! Our sicknote culture has no greater role model than these bottom feeders.
    I have monitored this site for nearly 2 years now and all our current difficulties have been absolutely predictable and while maybe not avoidable, prudent policies adopted early on could have prevented some the carnage we are going to face as a result of these muppet’s rolling with the good times. Please, someone tell me, how do I start a petition to voice a vote of no confidence in our whole parliamentary system as it has quite obviously failed dismally and another two years without the ability to dislodge them is NOT DEMOCRACY. By the way I have no political allegiance I only want effective leadership, is it really too much to ask for.. (I’m afraid it probably is).

As Billy Connolly once said “The desire to become a politician ought to bar you for life from ever being one!!”

“Life don’t talk to me about life”