Monday, March 31, 2008

Why are the British media not covering this???

Pound Falls to Record Against Euro as U.K. House Prices Decline

The pound fell to a record low against the euro, posting its biggest-ever quarterly decline, after an industry report showed U.K. house prices slipped for a sixth month in March. ...I wouldn't mind so much, but house prices have dropped by 0.6% or something like that and sterling has dropped by almost 20% against the Euro, but 0.6% gets the headlines and no-one I speak to in the UK has a clue about the state of sterling..now that is a conspiracy of silence. The information, I mean lack of information 'war' is in full effect. I am also amazed by the speed of the decline. saw an economist predict 1.25 euros to the pound as a bottom by august/ september 2008...we're there already.

Posted by bystander @ 09:45 PM (702 views)

18 thoughts on “Why are the British media not covering this???

• I spoke to a fund manager (who works in the gherkin), yesterday. He can’t understand why nobody seems to be picking up on this in Britain’s press.

Don’t people go on booze cruises to Dunkirk anymore? Don’t they realise how much things have gone up since the last trip??

• Could someone please explain to me how inflation is 2.5% over here in the UK with Sterling dropping like a stone yet it is 3.5% in euroland where the euro is appreciating in value?

• planning4acrash says:

Ask your fund manager friend who runs the media, what their connections are, and then ask him the question again.

He, like all the rest, in many ways are a great shining light. Most people are so nice that they would not believe that others would systematically screw them like that. They believe that the papers are written for them. In that lies hope. But naivety must be cracked to break the chain.

• planning4acrash says:

Its just like one big game of Transactional Analysis (read E.Berne). Big Brother acting as a parent, people behaving like children. Children need to become adults, and assertively, but gently, collectively square up to the parent figure, thereby forcing them into an adult-adult relationship and transforming them at the same time. But children also manipulate. Where do you demand from banks and the state? Where do you have tantrums and expect others to carry the can? Where do you leave yourselves vulnerable to manipuation?

• I like the analogy of adult/child..state/public, but just incase I have a bloody tantrum, I’d like the general public to realise how well their parent/state is shafting them, but I look for confirmation that anyone in power has the best interests of the people, not just a few rich [email protected], at heart and is willing to employ some decency and tell the truth, but I am left exasperated by silence. That moron of an economics editor for the BBC gloatingly retells the story of how he/ the BBC brought about the first run on a bank in 140years, but is so deeply imbedded up GB’s @rse that he cannot inform the people of this once great nation that they are being systematically robbed and the country/currency is being reduced to nothing more than European music hall jokes. Have you seen me currency?? It was here a minute ago????

• Not one single news paper reporting on this record low. I can only think that this is orchestrated silence and that by the summer, when parity is reached GB will call a referendum, at which point he should be arrested, along with his diaper wearing cabinet and be incarserated in the Tower of London awaiting trial for high treason. I am sure we could get the Queen to sign his warrant.

• dohousescrashinthewoods says:

Neat point Enuii.

I remember arriving in Britain in the early eighties and being repulsed by the whinging, helpless council-dependent grumbling mentality that characterised the little Northern suburb I found myself in.

It was always the council’s fault, rarely was there the personal responsibility that migh lead to an imperative to get off your own butt and thrive.

I am kind of sad that it wore me down and I decided I had to fit in, but there is a will to reverse the process.

• Will Mr Potato Head and the Badger use this as the long awaited means to finally put us into the Euro and so complete the sell-out of UK plc? The ultimate treachery.

• Dohousescrashinthewoods says:

Can we arrest the government and the media under the terorism laws and lock them up for 42 days while we all turn sane? I thought not.

Actually, I wouldn’t want to. The whole legislation stinks to high naziism. I’d rather see “common sense” take priority over the “rule of crooked law” where it has been corrupted.

• GT, if they are going to achieve their treachery then they have very little time, GBP will need to tank over the summer, I suggest 1st anniversary of Northern Rock debacle as a suitable date!

Anyway can anyone still explain why euroland inflation is higher than ours?

• Euroland inflation higher? – could it be that the Euro population is not being lied to as comprehensively as we are? Blair and Potoato Head take some beating when it comes to the truth stakes.

• I have one very simple explanation enuii, the euroland inflation figure is correct and the Uk inflation figure is a fabricated and massaged pile of garbage. I also think the Euroland figure is based upon a more representational basket of consumer goods. If we take the current inflation figure in the UK and add 1% to make it the same as euroland and then add another 20% to take into account the sterling decline = 4.2%, but then take of the amount house prices have declined and the amount ipods, DVD players, Video recorders etc. have come down and you get 2.1% inflation. Bingo, reckon we’ll get a cut this April, pound at parity by July, referendum August and fully fledged club med members by September, when preseident Blair takes up residency. Lovely Jubbly.

• keep dreaming losers

• To put the fall in the last six months into historical context, have a look at:
    and set the Instruments to EUR/GBP and the Time Scale to Monthly
    … looks a bit like September 1992 all over again

• planning4acrash says:

Yes, President Blair, “adviser” of none other than JP Morgan.

• planning4acrash says:

So, basically an EU headed by JP Morgan. Sounds like a new world order if ever there was.

• planning4acrash says:

And an EU that has its own fighter jets. Oh dear.

• A daft but genuine reason why the media tend to pass on this stat is that they cannot decide whether to report ‘pence per euro’ or ‘euros per pound’. With the greenback there is no issue – no-one wants to know that the dollar is currently worth about 50p or 63 euro-cents – it’s always the other way round.

Strange, but true!