Saturday, March 1, 2008

The IMF and Its Phantom Gold Sales

Paper Tiger Preying on Gold Bugs

To open the U.S. Mint to gold and silver is the only way to avert the coming of Armageddon.

Posted by sold 2 rent 1 @ 09:54 AM (1148 views)

28 thoughts on “The IMF and Its Phantom Gold Sales

• sold 2 rent 1 says:

I will apologise in advance for being off-topic in this posting.

Come to think of it, I have been a bit off-topic quite a bit recently. Over the last 18 months I have done the research on HPC; this includes studying the works of Fred Harrison, Morgan Kelly of UCD, Kondratieff, Oswald Spengler, LSR housing affordability index, long wave debt cycles, and numerous other articles and authors.

It is quite clear that HPC has now started, but rather than leaving me with a sense of achievement through better understanding of the housing/economic cycle, the research has uncovered a Pandora’s Box, whereby it seems that HPC was just the first stepping stone to understanding a much more complicated situation.

Not sure if any of you will agree with me here, but the more I tried to understand the situation the deeper the rabbit hole became. I am sure people studying quantum physics or philosophy would have the same problem.

One of the reasons why I liked the Calleman/Lungold evolutionary model was that at least the rabbit hole stopped expanding; although there are still many miles of unexplored chambers to investigate.

I am no conspiracy theorist; just a searcher for truth and understanding. To cut a long story short, I found these 2 videos about the London 07 b*mbings last night and was just amazed at the content.

I am not trying to convince you of anything but to give you the opportunity to make your own mind up.

Ripple Effect – (7 parts)

Witness’s account (5 parts)

We are clearly seeing the internet exposing the power structures of political/banking/corporate/mass media organisations

HPC.com, via the internet, was way ahead of the mass media in recognising that we were in a debt bubble. Ron Paul is making good progress using the internet, as the mass media are denying him any media coverage.

Many HPC bloggers have realised that the mass media were never going to expose the truth about the debt bubble until it burst (IE too late to fix). Is it not time we broadened our horizons onto other topics too?

• If you are going to hoard stuff, non-perishable foodstuffs would be a lot more use.

• I have no opinion about the videos because I have not had the chance to watch them.

“Is it not time we broadened our horizons onto other topics too?”

You’re on the wrong blog.

• little professor says:

Exactly. Please stop spamming the blog with your conspiracy theories and gold-ramping.

• Happy Mondays says:

I have little understanding of financial matters, but have found this site very informative with some very smart bloggers involved with great topics, hpc being one of them, now s2r1 i find your subjects facinating and i to am no conspiracy theorist, however it dose not take much to see whats happening around the world, (including hyper inflating property) so long as you are prepared to take the blinkers of and see the truth, but i am sure most people do not want to see whats happening and will not rock the boat, because at the moment people think here in the uk that they are doing ok! however change is inevitable and cracks in the system are beginning to show.. The zeitgeist movie is worth a watch……

• happyrenterz says:

Hold on a minute. This article is about how the $ was unilaterally decoupled from gold by Nixon and this is an important reason for the unlimited credit facilities available for the housing bubble. I don’t agree that the house price bubble and crash can be understood properly without considering these factors.

To be honest I wish some of you would stop spamming the blog with endless Mail and Times articles prediciting 5% crash or growth or whatever, what do I learn from that? Just another idiot/VI view on hpc.

• “S2R comment 1. is about a conspiracy theory, which I am not interested in, but he did start by saying it was off topic which I consider good blog etiquette”

Well even better etiquette would have been to find an appropriate forum. To be honest, I am beginnin to wonder if S2R1 is some sort of advanced troll – posting irrelevant articles about consipracy theories and such to discredit HPC. Anybody who wants to take the mickey out of this site will have little difficulty doing so if it fills up with quack material. I seem to recall comments about the end of the world, time travel and alien contact quite recently.

• rocket robbie says:

S2r1

Everyone is entitled to there opinon but I for one love reading your posts. I always look forward to logging on and taking in your point of view. If it were not for you i would not have taken out shares on Gold which has made me a tidy some over the past couple of months. so keep the posts coming, not everyone is as short sighted and rude as some of the bloggers on here.

• happyrenterz says:

House prices currently have a fictitious value. They are not based on construction costs. They are not based on supply problems, although some might dispute this. The fictitious value has been ramped up because there has been almost unlimited credit available for the past 5 years and people were afraid of being left behind if they don’t get on the ladder now. Rising house prices made lenders fearless and the credit unworthy were allowed to join the party. Add to that BTL, which view houses as simply a leveraged investment and you have a bubble.

The point is that there is fictious value. What is value? What is a house worth? What is money worth? What is your labour worth? When you start asking these questions you get scary answers back. That is why some of us look to gold. That is why some of us question what authorities are doing when they desperately defend this fictious value and the financial system that made this dangerous, prosperity threatening situation possible.

• @rocket robbie

So S2R1 has a fan club! I don’t mind discussions about economics (including gold-ramping) because these things are at the heart the the UK house price boom.

S2R1 asked a straightforward question: “Is it not time we broadened our horizons onto other topics too?”
    I gave a straightforward answer – NO! Calling me “short sighted and rude” is poor blogging.

@happyrenterz

I agree with you: “people were afraid of being left behind if they don’t get on the ladder now.” Sadly, greed and fear seem to be universal human characteristics.

• rocket robbie says:

Quiet Guy

I just can’t see why if you dont like the topic dont post a comment. Calling S2r1 an advanced troll is rude. Calling people names belongs in the school playground!

S2r1

Watched the vidoes, does make you think there is more to that day than meets the eye, a bit like 9/11. Dont want to say to much might upset Quiet guy

• larry pickleman says:

by golly, we’ve almost got an internal hpc riot on our hands here…over-excitement does this sometimes, i suggest some of you take a nice stroll in the woods…or a roundabout island if you don’t have any woods nearby…i like this forum becaus eof everyone’s posts, quack or no quack, investor or anarchist…

• sold 2 rent 1 says:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. That I respect.

Sure my posts test the boundaries; but no-one ever learnt anything without testing the boundaries. The webmaster/monitor removes plenty of posts if they don’t comply with the rules. If I push the limits too far and my post is removed by the webmaster; that is fine. It is not up to any individual to say which posts are not OK.

A year ago I was talking about gold and many shot me down as a gold dealer. Now, many of you guys have bought gold and it is an acceptable topic.

In May, I talked of a depression and all but lvmreader blasted me for talking rubbish. Now talk of a depression is accepted as a possibility, given the scale of the credit crunch.

The question I want to leave with you is how a bunch of people on this blog saw this whole debt bubble/credit crunch coming yet almost no mainstream economists did.

Why are all the best articles written by independent authors that end up being posted on safehaven.com and marketoracle.co.uk? Why do most mainstream economists still write that same old drivel they did before the credit crunch hit?

Even Ambrose Evans-Pritchard, who is the most bearish economist in the mainstream press, still talks about mistakes from the Federal Reserve. No mention at all that the Federal Reserve is a private bank with its own agenda.

Again, why is Ron Paul getting virtually no mass media attention? The Silence is deafening.

The governments of this planet employ some seriously smart individuals. They must have known about this potential crisis years ago. If that is the case then what else do they know that we don’t?

rocket robbie, thanks for your postive comments.

I don’t mind people disagreeing with my ideas. But in order to disagree with them you have to watch the videos. If you can’t be bothered to do that (and still want to post) then your no better than a VI troll saying HP wont crash but not backing up your arguments with evidence.

• Lucyosullivan says:

I.m a newbie on the site but just wanted to support
    ‘ sold to rent’ as I find his posts stimulating and worth looking into. They add a bit of credence to the Daily Mail type posts at least.

• John_coller says:

Most people here believe we are at the start of a house price crash, but are saving a deposit or have sold to rent. Most people that visit the site therefore are interested in investment and economics. I agree that the article belongs on the site.

• Phylosophically, I am in no doubt this site has a high level of intelligence. There are many constructive views from a wide range of well read and informed people who offer different angles and perceptions to the postings. Logic dictates there will be concern and reaction. Financial expertise is by no means my forte. As a result I read all posts with interest and some make me stop and think a little.
    Not such a bad thing. I may like them, I may not.

“Something seriously stinks in the politics/banking/media arena. It is a crazy world when someone who is looking for understanding and truth gets labelled as a conspiracy theorist.”

I LIKE THIS

• Hmmm. Look Quiet guy and little professor neither of you are the arbiters of this site – the Webmaster is. And if the webmaster thinks things are getting out of hand no doubt he’ll do something about it. That is, it’s not your place to try to censor other (IMHO, more financially astute) bloggers, simply because you either don’t agree with or cannot understand their posts.

BTW, the article is absolutely excellent. And if you don’t understand the significance of it for HPC, then you wont see the train-wreck that is heading your way.

On a tangential matter…

Ron Paul is the only US presidential candidate who is not a member of the CFR and who advocates the abolition of the unconstitutional FED (a private banking cartel). S2R1 is right, his treatment at the hands of the corporate media – including the BBC – is quite amazing, but is part of a pattern that gives the lie to the notion that we are either free or members of a democracy.

Again if you don’t understand this, then you wont be in a position to prevent paying for your own gradual enslavement into debt. This is not cookie conspiracy stuff. The truth is out there; you just have to be sufficiently inquisitive to learn about it.

“In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act”. George Orwell

• Harold,

The article is fine by me – as I said earlier, I have no problems about articles concerning gold. In fact I wish I’d known more about gold earlier in my life.

My bug bear is that S2R1 introduced some very dodgy looking (to me) conspiracy theory videos then asked the question “Is it not time we broadened our horizons onto other topics too?” Apparently, some people did not like (the manner of) my response.

I didn’t want to hurt anybody feelings, but if you don’t want my opinion, then don’t ask for it.

• old to rent- it sounds like i have been on a similar journey of experience over the last year- starting with HPC and then understanding economics/ gold/ 911 etc– I will watch those videos – more and more people are waking up to this I think

• sold 2 rent 1 says:

I have only been blogging on this site for 18 months so I am not sure when gold was first mentioned. I know it got a hostile reception in November 2006 when I first mentioned it. So at some point in the past gold went from being an unacceptable to acceptable topic.

If it turns out the that real issue behind this debt bubble is the power elite (political/banks/media) controlling the masses for their own greed then at some point in the future there might be a confirmed link between 7/7 and HPC. But this link will never be confirmed in the mass media, but by independent articles and videos such as the ones posted

I knew my posting about 7/7 would get a reaction. Only reactions cause people to think. Otherwise we are just reinforcing each others concensus opinions.

Quiet guy,
    If you had watched the videos and posted comments to say they were rubbish because of XYZ, I would have more respect. By not watching the videos your are displaying a level of ignorance/arrogance similar to a BTL landord who takes all his info from Inside Track and refuses to listed to other viewpoints.

• sold 2 rent 1 says:

Happy Mondays,

I watched film Zeitgeist. Very good.
    I was familiar with the false flag operations and fed reserve parts, but the religion part was a real eye opener.

One wonders just how much of our reality can be rewritten.
    Ian Lungold did say “We would be going out of our minds”.

Here is the latest version 2008

• happyrenterz says:

sold 2 rent I have no problem with your posts here as I said earlier except I cant understand why you are saying those videos in your comment 1 are not a conspiracy theory. They are a theory because they are not widely accepted as the truth and they are about a conspiracy because the video claims there has been a conspiracy by the government and others to distort the truth. To be fair it is the label of conspiracy theorist that you object to, but I think you must concede that the videos you promoted were about a conspiracy theory.

• sold 2 rent 1 says:

happyrenterz,

As the pure definition of conspiracy theory goes, the videos must be conspiracy theory videos. Only if/when they are proven to be true will they be “conspiracy fact”.

My main point is that by labelling something as a conspiracy theory, you are instantly putting poeple off not watching the videos and making their own mind up.
    Surely it is better to watch a video and say “that’s rubbish because of XYZ” than to ignore it altogether.

There are numerous cases in history where conspiracy theories or false flag operations have been proven (often many years later) as witnesses come out and documents get declassified.

Surely every article and video should be allowed to be presented without any bias so the reader/viewer can make his or her mind up.
    BTW. Did you watch the videos? What did you think?

• happyrenterz says:

I watched 3 but gave up then because there are lots of details to absorb and assess and I think only a court-room style investigation of witness’ could really hope to sort it out. The coincidence of a training exercise with the actual explosion is suspicious. I think a healthy level of scepticism about official version of events is required. The same is true for 9/11. The fact that the Bin Ladin family (the rich oil sheik Bin Ladins) were meeting George Bush senior at the time and were on the only plane allowed to fly out of the US in the days that followed raises similar questions.

Is there a link to HPC? what video is that on?

• sold 2 rent 1 says:

“I watched 3 but gave up”
    Your search for the truth doesn’t have much staying power. You must have spent more time blogging about how the videos were irrelevent.

“I think only a court-room style investigation of witness’ could really hope to sort it out”
    Do you really think a proper investigation/court case will ever happen without the public rising up and demanding one? Never.
    Whilst we all remain unconscious of this reality nothing willl ever change.

Fortunately the economic storm about to hit will drive people in 2 directions.
    1. Into the arms of the government and plea for help (future enslavement)
    2. Into a higher level of consciousness that demands real change from the past.

Lets hope the latter beats the former.

“Is there a link to HPC? what video is that on?”
    The Closest so far is Zeitgeist

It links the control of the masses to religion, banking, and false flag operations.

• happyrenterz says:

“You must have spent more time blogging about how the videos were irrelevent.”

Cheeky! those 3 videos took at least 30minutes!

“Your search for the truth doesn’t have much staying power. ”
    That is what I meant by only an official investigation could sort it out. I had enough info for sceptical doubt but hearing more suggestions like that the bombers were hired actors was not going to increase this doubt. There are too many other explanations possible. And I dont think you should be questioning my commitment to truth based on this. For you it is important but I decided it wasnt important enough for me because I would not be convinced one way or the other.

I will have a look at zeitgeist

• happyrenterz says: