Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Let’s keep the fear levels rising

Brown unveils security strategy

Heard on the radio this morning that the strategy even covers the threat of nuclear attack.
2 points

Nicely timed with the starting of the Iraq war (in some kind of deflection plan and even justification for the war)

As I said earlier, March 19 is the day that the "information war" starts to go from passive and un-noticed by the masses to active and noticed. This is a gradual process that will increase as the weeks go by.

Posted by sold 2 rent 1 @ 09:38 AM (1033 views)

22 thoughts on “Let’s keep the fear levels rising

• S2R1 – I’ve asked you to expand on the ‘information war’ point before… could you?

• It is interesting that the strategy is ‘four months behind schedule’ and yet GB chooses today to make an announcement…

• planning4acrash says:

So please explain, what is an information war, what is the info source, etc. Please explain more s2r!

• sold 2 rent 1 says:

Films: The Power of Nightmares

Quote from wiki
    “The films compare the rise of the American Neo-Conservative movement and the radical Islamist movement, making comparisons on their origins and noting strong similarities between the two. More controversially, it argues that the threat of radical Islamism as a massive, sinister organised force of destruction, specifically in the form of al-Qaeda, is in fact a myth perpetrated by politicians in many countries—and particularly American Neo-Conservatives—in an attempt to unite and inspire their people following the failure of earlier, more utopian ideologies.”

• sold 2 rent 1 says:

planning4acrash,

As I have recently come to realise, it is not my job to convince people of what is going on. You have to find out for yourselves.
    The process takes time and effort, and you have to do your own research.

You can’t be told the truth, you have to discover it yourself.

• Funny how the Cold War is starting to warm up too. The people have to be scared of something. I suppose global terrorism doesn’t have enough of a bogey-man profile to keep people scared but those Russians with their nuclear arsenal, well that’s a whole ‘nother ball game……..

• You can’t be told the truth, you have to discover it yourself.

– very true!

• Last_days_of_disco says:

I think the dangers are real. This planet is a tough place.

The Geman Jewish people in 1938 probably had loads of people telling them they are just imagining it all. It would never happen, get real.

What about the white farmers in Zimbabwe if you had told them 10 years ago they were going to chased off their farms, they would have laughed at you. I know people who have lost *everything* and they were seriously rich and had a fantastic life for years and years.

I think Islam is a threat to the west. I think that the resurgent Russians are also a big threat and if we keep mucking around with Kosovo, they may make Islam look like a small problem in comparison.

Sure governments are opportunistic when it comes to threats like this, but they are real, spend some time understanding Islam in its many flavours and you will very quickly realize there is a real risk. Its not all a big con trick.

• happyrenterz says:

S2R I found your post yesterday of the John Mauldin article very sobering (because he is one of the economic writers I respect the most).

He basically explained that if Bear Strearns had not been placed under care of JP Morgan with Fed backing a financial meltdown would have happened. This is because of BS size the counter party risk was so great that the financial system would have seized up. I now think this is increasingly likely and I think it is sensible for people to make contingency plans in the event of this happening. If the financial system seizes up no one is guaranteed of getting paid. So food deliveries to supermarkets will stop, fuel lines will be cut. Martial law will probably need to be instituted to deliver basic rations to people and stop chaos breaking out.

So I think there is no need for terrorism, conspiracy etc, we are in enough danger as it is.

• sold 2 rent 1 says:

happyrenterz,

Keep searching for the truth and you will discover it eventually.
    The truth will involve a change of consciousness.
    So you may have to stop fighting that change in order to make the discovery.

• happyrenterz says:

sold 2 rent

Actually my consciousness is due for a big change but probably not of the sort you proclaim! On 1 April I am going on a 4 month Buddhist retreat in the mountains of Spain. I will experience a 4 month news black-out so hope to find some civilisation left when I get back 😉

• george monsoon says:

Iis it the truth we seek or are we really looking for the facts.

• sold 2 rent 1 says:

happyrenterz,

I think we are both talking about the same thing.
    You will be effectively leaping into a state of Oneness of Life and Its Environment (Buddhism)

This is the target for all of civilization by 2012 as defined by Calleman/Lungold’s interpretation of the Mayan Calendar.
    Call it Global Enlightenment, a World Mind, co-creation, Oneness – it is all the same stuff with different labels.

For most of the world’s population, there will be no “skipping” of the stages of evolution of consciousness.
    We have to go from a consciousness of Power to Ethics to co-Creation (in that order).

I can tell you now that it is no coincidence that you are choosing the “fifth night” destruction phase to go on your Oneness course.
    When you come back the world will be a different place.

You will be in a great position to help others who are struggling to cope with their “new” consciousness and the realisation of what the power elite were trying to do. You can then help others achieve the final goal of Oneness. Was that the plan?

As I said in an earlier posting, we are all part of a system called evolution. Whether there is any “free will” at all in this predetermined system remains to be seen. We will find out in the end. No long now.

• S2R – The Power of Nightmares is an excellent programme and really gives an insight. Pris Plt / Infowars ala Alex Jones I am much more reticent about as I’m not convinced of his agenda. May I suggest to ALL here that a truly unique light of the Internet regarding our ‘situation’ can be found at sott.net. Happy researching, but be warned that if you’re not prepared to take the red pill….

As for Brown’s timing of the constant WAR, WAR, WAR – reminds me so much of John Hurt’s performance in V for Vendetta – let’s just hope that we don’t have another ‘false flag’ psyops incident to “remind the people why they need us”!

• No fear but fear itself – FDR

“Only Thing We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself”: FDR’s First Inaugural Address

Franklin D. Roosevelt had campaigned against Herbert Hoover in the 1932 presidential election by saying as little as possible about what he might do if elected.
    But his first inaugural address took on an unusually solemn, religious quality. And for good reason—by 1933 the depression had reached its depth.
    Roosevelt’s first inaugural address outlined in broad terms how he hoped to govern and reminded Americans that the nation’s “common difficulties” concerned “only material things.”

• There was some government drone on the ‘Today’ programme this morning, to explain this meaningless new PR exercise.

What I found of interest, after years of being turned into a ‘customer’ at every level of society, was his repeated invocation of that long-mislaid and forgotten term: ‘citizens’.

I think the old epithet runs thus: ‘the appeal to patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel’. Particularly, in this case, when the masterplan (globalisation) has failed, and you now have to depend on the ‘citizens’ not to get upset at he crisis (the lack of any preparation for peak oil/gas/mineral resources) you’ve mired them in, and have to motivate them with an altruism carrot, before they start thinking about hanging you from a lamp-post.

• happyrenterz says:

sold 2 rent

Hmm as you say different labels, and I will add, “different language”. All forms of human knowledge are essentially language, but that is another story.

My going into retreat now was the coincidence of lots of things. As far as I am aware none of them had to do with global issues, but then that is the mystery of life, who knows….

I do fear for the people I love and society in the next few months. The shocking irresponsibility shown by so many people and institutions in forming this housing and credit bubble is now unravelling. In the UK this has not even started in earnest. When I return I imagine the USA might be closer to the bottom, but the UK will only be starting to get into the panic we now see in the USA. Amongst the people I love are of course some highly exposed to this trouble we are going into because they recently bought houses or have a lot of debts.

sold 2 rent as I have said I value your financial opinions highly and your work at trying to see the long term consequences of current affairs, but I do not share your sense of global collective evolution. Change and destruction and reconstruction are always around, always have been, although we have been quite sheltered since WWII. My own view is that people make their own way through this uncertainty at their own pace, some doing the best they can, others overwhelmed and confused and others doing the worst they can. I try to belong to the first group and don’t think of altruism as a bad thing, in fact I wish I could be more useful to people than I currently am. Having said that I think there is great value in collective evolution of communities of like minded people, as long as there is no force involved and people are free to leave at any time.

Better get back to my paid work now, keep up the good work everyone!

• S2R1 – if you want to frame it as something religious that one must come to by faith alone, etc. then you’re welcome to.

What you cannot do (and maintain intellectual honesty) is then claim that models you care about and go on about (Calleman/Elliott Wave) ‘show’ that certain things will happen objectively. Models in the scientific and financial sense provide falsifiable results. You do not. Your methods are neither scientific nor rational and there are therefore no reasons to treat your opinions as anything other than unfounded conjecture.

• sold 2 rent 1 says:

happyrenterz,

Just been to my physiotherapist to get my back pain sorted. She told me about “Spiral Dynamics”
    Anyone know about this? It looks complicated.

Found this video on youtube
    Spiral Dynamics: The Evolution of Consciousness

Looks like all these ideas are linked together.
    Don’t be quick to dismiss other ideas. We are all heading in the same direction, but just coming from different angles.

• sold 2 rent 1 says:

James,

“As I asked on the below thread, could you give us something falsifiable to show us you might be on the right track?”

Watch the film Zeitgeist

But remember this is just the starting point for truth. You have to do your own investigation.

• S2R1 – Thanks for responding, though not answering. If asked what happens in a film, I can happily precis it for the questioner. If the film contains a falsifiable prediction, please do so here. If it does not, it does not answer my question.

• happyrenterz says:

sold 2 rent

don’t know about “spiral dynamics” but heard Alexander technique is good for backs. Sorted me out a few years ago.