Sunday, March 16, 2008

crisis – what crisis???

Studio flat for sale in London W11 - 100000GBP

100000 GBP for a garage (studio flat) – reminds me of 1989 all over again

Posted by bystander @ 10:16 PM (918 views)

6 thoughts on “crisis – what crisis???

• I noticed there was a nasty habit of calling studio flats one bedroom flats for a while, the logic being “well, it has a bedroom and it has a sitting room, they’re just … the same room”. Needless to say when I was shown such a flat once, I snapped to the estate agent “please don’t waste my time!”.

• Get some “Bunk Beds” in there. Mezzanine flat.. more Notting Hill.. Darling x

• I had a similar experience; only this time it was a one bedroom flat that had been nastily converted into a two bedroom flat with the aid of some 3-by-2 and plasterboard. I even remember the EA saying as we walked in: “And Voila! What you expected to be one bedroom is actually two!” To which I replied, “yes, what a shame”. For some reason he had to hurry back to the office shortly after that.

• Just a minor point, the advert states that this GARAGE is in council tax band F. How on earth is a garage liable for council tax, and if so how could it possibly be band F?!

• They are selling this about 10 months too late.

• Downsized And Waiting says:

Drewster, it’s probably been approved for conversion to residential status which is why they have provided the council tax band.