Thursday, February 7, 2008

watching a crash happening in real time

The British property crash - Live!

FT watching this HPC blog site again.. "Couldn’t do this the last time house prizes went into a sharp downward spiral, about seventeen years ago. But now you can watch it from your desktop, over a lunchtime sandwich. Go to Barnard Marcus online auction here. Enter your name and email address (simple as that, no registration) to see what sells and for how much - if they sell at all, that is. On Thursday, dozens of properties either remained unsold or changed hands at a substantial discount to the last recorded sale price. As of 2pm, London time, the auction was about half way through some 260 lots."

Posted by happyrenterz @ 02:16 PM (1541 views)

13 thoughts on “watching a crash happening in real time

• Oh dear, I think there server just fried.

• LOT 116:-

Why are they trying to sell a flat worth no more than £170,000 for £284,000????

No wonder no one bought it.

• Sacred Contracts says:

Fascinating – I just saw some backwards bidding!

• This is essential viewing. riveting. bought my house at auction in august last year, sold it in jan

• I live on this street. (I rent)

I’d say £170,000 is a bit generous for a studio!

• There’s Barnard Marcus boards springing up all over Woking at the moment. Anecdotal I know but I swear their a growing population, not all are houses mind, I’ve seen a few plots of land that people are obviously disposing of as well.

Regards,
    Phil

• I’m a sad fooker, this is compulsive viewing. I’ve just clicked on the next 3 lots, the vendor is listed as HBOS in all 3. I’m off to click on some more.

• betting office vacancies.. any unscrupulous Stockbroker or EA need only apply!

• Didnt see it live, but just looking at the results, all of the first 14 went for more than the guide price – Lot 14 guide price £500k plus, went for £1,230k!! Scary stuff. I just hope the interest rate cut hasnt put us right back where we were in mid-2005…

• bidinmatime, er, I didn’t see this either but did you just say lot 14 went for more than two and a half times it’s guide price?

• Are AMG the Asset Management Group? Are they the people who manage $250bn of funds out of Chicago and invest in the UK?

They seem to have put up a large number of these properties in this auction. geting out of the UK market before it slides, maybe?

The “smart money” says SELL – Anyone else have a view?

• Saw a Manchester flat that sold for £180k in 2005 (according to LR) go for £106k. Very interesting.