Friday, February 1, 2008

A rare UK focussed article

Usury

"I suggest that the City Of London AND Wall Street mend their ways and fast, they are the minority and we are the majority. Major revolutions and change have always sprang from the disgruntled masses, who find themselves once again at this particular point in history lied and cheated to by the International Bankers, and their subservient lap dogs the British and American Governments. Maybe the time is rapidly approaching when we need something like our own Polish Solidarity to force real change on our own communists!"

Posted by sold 2 rent 1 @ 11:31 AM (561 views)

9 thoughts on “A rare UK focussed article

• Hear, hear!

• Great article until the end. Hilariously, it seems that in the US, being called a socialist is on the same level as paedophile.
    I love Libertarianism, that particularly cute and naive American set of beliefs where one can believe in social justice and equality of opportunity and be a rich free marketeer at the same time. The upshot of Libertarianism seems to be that every human being on the planet can be as wealthy as Bill Gates and have whatever we want, if only we all work hard enough. ‘Having your cake an eating it’ is I believe the correct expression.

• To anyone embarrassed to call themselves a socialist – there’s only one example I can think of where REAL socialism (i.e. not involving a ruling elite) can be compared with capitalism (indeed, the cream of capitalism) on equal terms. Open source software. Compare Ubuntu and Windows – socialism wins by an embarrassingly large margin.

• also sold to rent says:

Utter rubbish. Oh boo hoo evil investment bankers earn more than me, sob sob.

• sold 2 rent 1 says:

shipbuilder,

Open source software like “Ubuntu” is not socialism but co-creation. Calleman’s interpretation of the Mayan Calendar has this co-creation era as the final cycle of our evolution 2011 (Feb-Oct)

• also sold to rent says:

Somewhat off topic, but if I could get Ubuntu to resolve domains properly I’d have more faith in open source.

• “Ubuntu, they drink it in the congo!”

Sorry, I’ll get me coat…………

• S2R1, I beg to differ – co-creation is exactly what socialism is in its purest form. Co-creation, co-ownership. Despite what people like to think – socialism’s 100% failure rate, blah, blah, we’ve never seen real socialism in action until now – Linux, Wikipedia – it’s NOT state-run and it does NOT mean big government – George Orwell was a socialist and anti-totalitarianism, for example.
    It may not be to your taste, but I would recommend ‘News from Nowhere’ by William Morris as an insight to what socialism is really about.

Sorry for dragging this completely off-topic, but I guess I was responding to the tone of the article – I do enjoy this blog for its more generalised economic insights as well as just housing, though.

• sold 2 rent 1 says:

shipbuilder,

Thanks for the info. I will check it out.

Personally I think the off-topic threads are the best. We are all here because of our initial interest in HPC. Most of us are becoming aware of something much much bigger that is the underlying cause.