Monday, December 3, 2007

Uhuuuu… I smell BTLoser roast this Christmas, ho ho ho

Surge in production dashes rate-cut hopes

Hopes of an interest-rate cut before Christmas were all but killed off today after a sharp rebound in output from British factories. Then also gas prices are set to rocket 15% this winter... a-haaaaaaa (this is not a laughter, but means fake surprise)

Posted by confused76 @ 04:15 PM (1011 views)

8 thoughts on “Uhuuuu… I smell BTLoser roast this Christmas, ho ho ho

• @Confused: Normally I’m with you on the laughter, but I don’t particularly relish an increase in gas prices! Now I’ll have to nag the landlord about the air-leaks in the window frames again…

• Fixed my gas prices till 2010 two years ago as working in the energy industry I could see it coming.

Yeeee Haaaa (punches air american style).

• Planning4acrash says:

Confused, I’m glad to see that your language is diversifying. Maybe you should include a confused76 dictionary on the wiki so we can all keep up with your emotional response to the positive news as it evolves!!!!!!!

• no it was not a laughter, it was like faking surprise. we know prices are skyrocketing in particular commodities fuels food etc (i will have to pay my bills too!)
    and the [email protected] at the Times have used half that rubbish paper to beg for a rate cut over the weekend
    shame on them!

• All of these articles really basically say, “we don’t know what’s going to happen, but it could be a tough time”. Noone is saying “it’ll be OK” anymore – a sharp contrast to Spring this year. With the ExRate now coming into more public focus, slashing interest rates will be widely seen as short-termist. Rising prices (CPP) will tie the hands of BofE as far as IR cuts are concerned. The hope has to be that Euro weakens – that’ll ease the upward IR pressure. Trouble is, a downturn could see job losses.

• planning4acrash says:

Just as I predicted in the spring, the rhetoric will go downhill as people become desensitised to the situation. What we are seeing here is a version of the mourning process.

• David Smith's Sub Prime. . . says:

C76…

Maybe you should be a pensioner trying to make ends meet….